PDA

View Full Version : Latest rumor- The Kang is coming home?

DeviousDawg
01-11-2020, 08:48 PM
I got a text around lunch today saying:

Leach is looking to bring Jackie back in some capacity, most likely off field Swiss Army knife type position.

I like to hear things from 2 or more places before posting it, but rumors are fun and this would be a blast. I saw that someone posted it on 247 as well, which doesnt make it true but does verify that the rumor is out there from different places.

This would be so awesome and a great move by Leach in all aspects. Show him how things work here, as a HC and on the recruiting trail. I would be a huge fan of this happening, although its way too soon to expect this to happen.

Make it happen Leach, the whole fan base wants this.

R2Dawg
01-11-2020, 08:52 PM
If true I like it, but does Jackie really want a job now?

MarketingBully
01-11-2020, 08:59 PM
That would be cool. Ed Orgeron brought John Robinson in as a senior consultant at LSU. Maybe the Kang could be a part of the staff in that same capacity.

Bothrops
01-11-2020, 09:00 PM
Would love to have the Kang back in town.

Cooterpoot
01-11-2020, 09:01 PM
SMH

R2Dawg
01-11-2020, 09:03 PM
I love that Leach mentioned JWS and linked MSU football history like he did. Far cry from Joe running down our school.

Spiderman
01-11-2020, 09:07 PM

Leach is looking to bring Jackie back in some capacity, most likely off field Swiss Army knife type position.

I like to hear things from 2 or more places before posting it, but rumors are fun and this would be a blast. I saw that someone posted it on 247 as well, which doesnt make it true but does verify that the rumor is out there from different places.

This would be so awesome and a great move by Leach in all aspects. Show him how things work here, as a HC and on the recruiting trail. I would be a huge fan of this happening, although its way too soon to expect this to happen.

Knowing Jackie like I do, I don't think he is the subordinate type. Jackie likes to run things, not be run. And he doesn't exactly present both sides of the argument in decision time.

He has his thoughts on something, and he is ALWAYS right, as far as he is concerned.

He and Leach one on one might be okay, but in a group setting as part of a staff? I don't know about that.

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2020, 09:14 PM
Knowing Jackie like I do, I don't think he is the subordinate type. Jackie likes to run things, not be run. And he doesn't exactly present both sides of the argument in decision time.

He has his thoughts on something, and he is ALWAYS right, as far as he is concerned.

He and Leach one on one might be okay, but in a group setting as part of a staff? I don't know about that.

Depends on the type of relationship they have.

My guess is that the only way Leach would bring Jackie back is if they are close friends somehow & have a mutual respect for each other.

If Leach doesn't know Jackie, then there's not chance of Leach bring him in

JoseBrown
01-11-2020, 09:18 PM
This would be a great move by Leach. If for no other reason than the excitement in creates. I'd love for the Kang to join his staff! Jackie's got a ton of knowledge Leach could pull from.

R2Dawg
01-11-2020, 09:27 PM
Depends on the type of relationship they have.

My guess is that the only way Leach would bring Jackie back is if they are close friends somehow & have a mutual respect for each other.

If Leach doesn't know Jackie, then there's not chance of Leach bring him in

Leach knows Jackie; he said that Jackie was a mentor to him as a young coach and told him he had to go to MSU and what a special place MSU was. I could see there being a good spot somewhere for Jackie. Special teams or just a consultant type role. He would be a real asset for Leach.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2020, 09:45 PM
Yeah Jackie and Leach are friends. After we hired Leach Jackie called it a home run. Jackie's enjoying his grandchildren and retirement right now so I don't know if he'd be willing to give that up. Maybe some type part time pr job or part time consultant but I can't see Jackie doing anything full time now

Todd4State
01-11-2020, 09:47 PM
Is this for basically a figurehead role where Jackie shows up when he wants to? Sounds good to me.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2020, 09:48 PM
Is this for basically a figurehead role where Jackie shows up when he wants to? Sounds good to me.

Yeah I could see him doing something like that, he's having to much fun being retired to do much else

lastmajordog
01-11-2020, 09:56 PM
Jackie always emphasized tight ends and punters.....something we NEED now!!!!!!!!!!

Todd4State
01-11-2020, 09:57 PM
Yeah I could see him doing something like that, he's having to much fun being retired to do much else

Also very risky to put him on the field as a coach if it turns out like Joey Jones. Firing Jackie Sherrill would not go over very well with anyone.

At any rate, maybe put him in charge of former player relations. I know that was an issue under Joe. At least I saw some former players complain about it on Twitter. Certainly could have been overblown though.

TUSK
01-11-2020, 09:57 PM
Why not as an "ambassador"... a la Spurrier at UF?

I think it'd be a terrific PR move...

Dawgology
01-11-2020, 10:34 PM
Somewhere...Xenareb awakes from his long slumber.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2020, 10:45 PM
Why not as an "ambassador"... a la Spurrier at UF?

I think it'd be a terrific PR move...

Agreed. Hope your dogs have dried out!

TUSK
01-11-2020, 10:46 PM
Somewhere...Xenareb awakes from his long slumber.

:confused:

smootness
01-12-2020, 12:29 AM
This would obviously be in more of a figurehead/consultant role. The man is 76 years old and hasn't coached in 17 years, he ain't going back on the field.

OLJWales
01-12-2020, 12:37 AM
I would give my left nut to see JWS on the sidelines pregame with his stopwatch with special teams. Again.

SPMT
01-12-2020, 12:53 AM
Jackie wouldn?t be coaching anything. He?s be an ambassador. Let?s be realistic.

Mobile Bay
01-12-2020, 08:48 AM
He could be hiring Jackie to redesign the visitors locker room.

BiscuitEater
01-12-2020, 08:57 AM
We have needed a 'real' Special Teams Coach ever since he left!

BogeyGolfer
01-12-2020, 09:48 AM

If it's off the field then it would be a Cohen decision, not Leach...I'm ok with it as long as he isn't coaching, that would be as bad of an idea as all of these ex-players people are glamouring about...Please stop it.

tcdog70
01-12-2020, 10:13 AM
Special teams Coach?

IMissJack
01-12-2020, 10:20 AM
Let him give the speech before the Bama and OM games, ha....

Churchill
01-12-2020, 11:02 AM
Jackie has been talking with school "representatives" for over a month about coming back over here. It was originally about fundraising but that may have changed by now.

Political Hack
01-12-2020, 03:52 PM
My understanding is that Jackie has agreed in principle to be a consultant if we hired Judge. I hope the offer stands with Leach. Would be great to have him back around the fan base and looking at special teams issues.