PDA

View Full Version : Howland needs to be the next coach shown the door!

Thick
01-11-2020, 08:23 PM
This team has a ton of talent, but plays with NO ball discipline and the defense is just horseshit! I can?t stand laziness, and this team is lazy on both ends. Shooting three?s bc they are too damn lazy to run the offense!

Cowbell
01-11-2020, 08:27 PM
Here here! I am done with basketball until we get a new coach. I ain't wasting my time watching that kind of effort and poor coaching,

Thick
01-11-2020, 08:35 PM
My wife wants to go up, and I told her only for the girls games. Not wasting the time, the energy, or the money!

NCMSTFAN
01-11-2020, 08:42 PM
How are we this bad?? We have highly recruited guys... Has to be Our coaching ..

MoreCowbell
01-11-2020, 08:45 PM
he needs to bring in his own Joe Brady. Let him recruit and be the face but let some new assistants implement some type of offense. His style is unbearable

Leeshouldveflanked
01-11-2020, 08:48 PM
Fire Howland.....name Richard Williams interim

Thick
01-11-2020, 08:48 PM
Reggie Perry, 1-4 for 3 points with 4 turnovers.....prima donna!

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 08:49 PM
Reggie Perry, 1-4 for 3 points with 4 turnovers.....prima donna!

Him and Lil Spoon.

Cowbell
01-11-2020, 09:08 PM

This is so much like our football team. There is literally nothing you can do coachin wise that would make this team perform worse.

Bothrops
01-11-2020, 09:14 PM

I'm ok with Richard Williams for about 5 years. In fact, if he wanted the job, I'd let him have it now. He's a great coach and there don't seem to be a ton of those guys around anymore.

Thick
01-11-2020, 09:59 PM
Richard Williams would kill it with this talent, or their asses would be enjoying the bench!

JOHNHEVESYMADE
01-11-2020, 11:00 PM
Yes we are 0-3 and are struggling. Let me remind you we were a 5 seed last year and had a great year with a disappointing end to the season. I think any rational fan would have predicted we?d be 1-2 at this point. Let the season play out. We have 3 very winnable home games. In terms of getting a new coach, I?d be careful what you wish for. Jeff Goodman rated MSU as the worst job in the SEC. Firing a coach a year after a 5 seed in the tourney is going to put us straight in another Stansbury/Ray situation. Missouri game is a massive game for us to get some positive momentum.

tcdog70
01-11-2020, 11:05 PM
Did Ben miss 2 free throws at the end. Did Ben have 4 turnovers on 5 trips at the end of the game to let LSU back in the game. Players have to play. Is it Ben's fault because Carter is in a funk.

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 11:09 PM
Did Ben miss 2 free throws at the end. Did Ben have 4 turnovers on 5 trips at the end of the game to let LSU back in the game. Players have to play. Is it Ben's fault because Carter is in a funk.

Ben should be able to see Carter's jerking his hands back after the release ... that's why he's missing open shots ... he's not following thru. And Ben ain't drilling them enough and working them hard enough for them to fade and do very stupid stuff at end of games.

Liverpooldawg
01-11-2020, 11:15 PM
No on the court leadership and little spoon has disrupted what chemistry there was. We weren't that good anyway but spoon's return has doomed this team.

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 11:18 PM
No on the court leadership and little spoon has disrupted what chemistry there was. We weren't that good anyway but spoon's return has doomed this team.

Well ... you got this one right ... haha.

maroonmania
01-11-2020, 11:21 PM

At the end of the day, BEN HOWLAND is responsible for his team's performance. Its what we pay him for. If this team doesn't make any post-season tourney with the talent we have I hope Howland has enough pride in his own legacy to just retire and step away. I, like others have said, appreciate where he has gotten us to post-Rick Ray, but he has done all he can at this stage of his career apparently so we might as well just move on to the next chapter.

gtowndawg
01-11-2020, 11:24 PM
Get rid of him....