PDA

View Full Version : Coach34 and other experts....

coastratdog
01-11-2020, 03:50 PM
Per an article in the CL about the HC search:

"The conversations were so great that Cohen twice visited Leach in Key West, which is where Leach posts up during the offseason. Leach said Cohen went once in the early days of the search then returned on another trip when other options had left the table."

What exactly is the "offseason" and Do most HC's get out of town for it. I would have thought that this is a year round job with plenty of duties.

Your thoughts?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-11-2020, 03:51 PM
I'm sure the time between bowl games & the 2nd semester is apart of the off season.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2020, 03:55 PM
I dont know bc I've never coached in college so there is no offseason really. Leach has earned the right to do whatever he wants with his time though

Pennywise
01-11-2020, 04:01 PM
Dead period?

December 16, 2019 – January 16, 2020.

parabrave
01-11-2020, 04:04 PM
Well remember Mullen took off every spring to train for marathons.

War Machine Dawg
01-11-2020, 04:14 PM
Yeah, there's more downtime in the college game than you'd realize. Other than recruiting, which Leach basically hates and delegates to the rest of his staff (which gives him even more time off than the average college HC), the time non-S&C coaches can spend with the team is severely limited by NCAA rules. That's why the S&C coach is so important. He spends more time with the team than literally any other coach and is the one who truly builds the culture of the team from a toughness and physicality standpoint.

Coursesuper
01-11-2020, 04:35 PM
I do know he's on Key West right after school is out. He was hanging at Capt Tony's last we were down there, that was during super regional time.

Nikedog
01-11-2020, 06:41 PM
Per an article in the CL about the HC search:

"The conversations were so great that Cohen twice visited Leach in Key West, which is where Leach posts up during the offseason. Leach said Cohen went once in the early days of the search then returned on another trip when other options had left the table."

What exactly is the "offseason" and Do most HC's get out of town for it. I would have thought that this is a year round job with plenty of duties.

Your thoughts?
Please fix your posts!!!

coastratdog
01-11-2020, 07:00 PM
Please fix your posts!!!

Sorry, no problem

Now what is exactly wrong with my posts?

Coach34
01-11-2020, 07:19 PM
He is a veteran coach with a staff that has been together and was at Wash St for 8 seasons- so he had all his policies and things in place. Not too hard for him to take off for a little while here and there. He can also recruit while down there thanks to cell phones obviously.

dawggoneit
01-11-2020, 11:43 PM
Not far from Miami. Maybe he can grab a few WRs next time he's down there. We know they are on every corner in Miami.