PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Brown - New Strength & Conditioning Coach?

Pennywise
01-11-2020, 03:45 PM
Here's a free article on 247.

https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Article/Washington-State-Cougars-football-2019-Tyson-Brown-strength-coach-134048259/

Looks like he may be the guy coming from Pullman. Some interesting quotes:

?Coach Tyson is everything you want in a strength coach," says Pelluer, who capped his linebacking career in the top 10 for career tackles at WSU.
Dale, a fixture at nickel the past two seasons, dubs Brown "phenomenal" because he "brings out the best in each player on the team. He is one of my favorite coaches I have ever had chance to get coached by. The way he runs his weight program is one of the best in the country and I was lucky to have him in my life!?
Brown's approach to his work is captured by a tweet he posted in April. "Preseason polls/hype mean nothing. We will continue to work in the shadows until the lights come on," he said. "That's when we get the opportunity to show who we are & what we are about."
?He relates really well to the players -- and he listens really well. He has a good eye and a good ear for those things and he is very good at thinking outside the box. He has a pretty good library of things he wants to do and how he wants to get those things done and at the same time he is very good at thinking outside the box,?
I can just tell you he?s a speed/power guy. He believes in Olympic lifting, he believes in squatting.
?Tyson is one of those coaches you get in a program that you look at and say, ?He's making a difference, thank goodness he's with us and not somewhere else.? And everyone should be thankful for that because I know I was and still am. Overall, Ty is the (bleeping) man,? said Pelluer.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2020, 03:47 PM
I think it is Feld. He has removed Oregon from his twitter page

hacker
01-11-2020, 03:47 PM
We're getting Feld, right?

Commercecomet24
01-11-2020, 03:48 PM
I believe we're getting feld.

hacker
01-11-2020, 03:49 PM

?

https://i.imgur.com/bSVapQB.png

maroonmania
01-11-2020, 03:50 PM
Napier gonna be pissed when he hears Leach brought his own S&C coach.***

Pennywise
01-11-2020, 03:52 PM

Maybe so. I actually hope it is. But he's not changed twitter just yet: https://twitter.com/coachfeld

https://cl.ly/cf3d8c68c116

gtowndawg
01-11-2020, 03:53 PM

I hope but I just checked and it still has all his Oregon stuff.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2020, 03:56 PM
?

https://i.imgur.com/bSVapQB.png

We may have missed the boat then bc as of a couple of days ago he had removed it.

There was a thread on genes page about it

Pennywise
01-11-2020, 03:58 PM
It is not on his Instagram page, but even with the post on Gene's page it was up on Twitter then. Someone was confusing IG/Twitter.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2020, 04:00 PM
It is not on his Instagram page, but even with the post on Gene's page it was up then. Someone was confusing IG/Twitter.

That must have been it

OLJWales
01-11-2020, 04:05 PM
Come on home Feld. I'm really concerned about our team's current strength & condition and want it fixed. I'm really wanting to know about our new dude ASAP. I think had we not shown up soft, KSU and UT would have easily been ours for the taking. Especially on defense. You could see our softness early on during the ULL & USM games. I don't know enough how football operations operate so I don't know if you can blame Shoop for that soft shit; maybe DC's just have to rely on the S&C coach letting the players know what's expected of them during the off season. I'm encouraged by what Leach told them about that during the meeting.

Really Clark?
01-11-2020, 04:05 PM
We may have missed the boat then bc as of a couple of days ago he had removed it.

There was a thread on genes page about it

There was confusion on that. It was never removed from his Twitter. It’s wasn’t on his Instagram but some stated it was never on there.

Anonymous
01-11-2020, 04:16 PM
It is not on his Instagram page, but even with the post on Gene's page it was up on Twitter then. Someone was confusing IG/Twitter.

It's Instagram and it has never said Oregon on it. Only his Twitter does and it still has it.

I know because I've shamelessly been watching to see if it changed for the last few weeks. Lol

KOdawg1
01-11-2020, 04:16 PM
I'd expect Leach to bring his guy from WSU. Which is alright but not great. Better than what we have, but bringing Feld back would be an elite move that makes sense.

Todd4State
01-11-2020, 04:42 PM
It's actually a S&C staff. I'm not sure if it would be a too many cooks in the kitchen situation if we hired Feld and Brown or not.

I do like that Leach wants position specific strength coaches.

Captain Falcon
01-11-2020, 04:52 PM
Brown is Leach’s guy. Has been with him for six years, most of which were really good years for Wazzu. I would probably expect it to be him rather than Feld.

Pennywise
01-12-2020, 02:02 PM
Tyson Brown is coming to be the Head S&C Coach.

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2020, 02:39 PM
Tyson Brown is the new S&C coach.

I do find it hilarious though how for years, most MSU fans said "it doesn't matter who the S&C coach is. Their all the same"

Now we've gravitated to the polar opposite position of "has to be Feld. No body else can run a competent S&C program"

In reality, it's going to be OK. Bichey & JoMo were brutal. Leach has a good track record with this. Trust it.

Captain Falcon
01-12-2020, 02:49 PM
Brown has a good reputation with Wazzu fans. He may not be Feld or even Balis but he’s going to be a definite upgrade from what we had.

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2020, 02:51 PM
He may not be Feld or even Balis but he’s going to be a definite upgrade from what we had.

How would anyone know?

How do you rank S&C coaches? Do they have stats or something?

defiantdog
01-12-2020, 03:14 PM
How would anyone know?

I'm not sure how they rate them, but Leach has a track record of evaluating coaches as well as players. We all know he's had some of the best assistants money can buy..... but he's also had some good strength and conditioning coaches. Jason Loscalzo was with Leach for 5 years at WSU until being hired on by the Chicago Bears.

DLGDawg
01-12-2020, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure how they rate them, but Leach has a track record of evaluating coaches as well as players. We all know he's had some of the best assistants money can buy..... but he's also had some good strength and conditioning coaches. Jason Loscalzo was with Leach for 5 years at WSU until being hired on by the Chicago Bears.

The way I look at: Leach has S&C way up the chart on importance. It's always been very important to him. With that said , if he trusts this guy he must be pretty good.

Cowbell
01-12-2020, 06:17 PM
How would anyone know?

What he saying is that we had the worst strength and conditioning coach of any power five team in the country and so it's kind of a given man

Todd4State
01-12-2020, 06:29 PM
How would anyone know?

If Errol Thompson has a higher body fat percentage than me they suck.

As was the case this year.

defiantdog
01-12-2020, 06:56 PM
If Errol Thompson has a higher body fat percentage than me they suck.

As was the case this year.
Marquis Spencer was built like an interior lineman last year..... he needs to slim down if he wants to play end