PDA

View Full Version : So any word from our players or locker room about Leach hire?

R2Dawg
01-11-2020, 01:13 PM
Hill or Gay returning? Any going to transfer?

From looks of first team meeting video, the body language was interesting to say the least.

Big4Dawg
01-11-2020, 01:15 PM
Gay signed an agent. He gone

bulldog20
01-11-2020, 01:21 PM
My sources tell me they are upset they will now have to go to class, workout & be at practice on time. Were told accountability and discipline are not part of the agreement they had with previous coach.

Rex54
01-11-2020, 01:23 PM
I give Leach free reign to do as he sees necessary to fix the culture ASAP. Any bad apples need to be gone no matter their standing.

R2Dawg
01-11-2020, 01:34 PM
My sources tell me they are upset they will now have to go to class, workout & be at practice on time. Were told accountability and discipline are not part of the agreement they had with previous coach.

Boy if this was known, we kept Joe way too long; and I really don't understand the crawfish after eggbowl. That is about the body language I read watching the video with team.

Agree, Leach needs to cut the cancers out quickly so we can move on.

Saltydog
01-11-2020, 01:52 PM
I have a feeling there are gonna be some mass casualties. Some of our guys aren't used to being "student athletes".

Dolphus Raymond
01-11-2020, 01:56 PM
Get with the program or go.

Captain Falcon
01-11-2020, 01:57 PM
Their world is about to change for sure.

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 02:12 PM
Kylin like "Oh shit. I'm gonna have to block now". ****

Coach34
01-11-2020, 02:16 PM
Kylin like "Oh shit. I'm gonna have to block now". ****

Wash State's TB caught 86 passes. He still wont be blocking for us. We will be 5 in the route most of the time until a QB or two gets hurts.

Todd4State
01-11-2020, 02:20 PM
Willie Gay was too immature to last anyway. I'm glad he's gone.

Dawgfan77
01-11-2020, 02:34 PM
Wash State's TB caught 86 passes. He still wont be blocking for us. We will be 5 in the route most of the time until a QB or two gets hurts.

So question. QB gets hit just about every time in the read. Why is it now an issue with Leach?? Statue? Just asking

HoopsDawg
01-11-2020, 02:40 PM

The thing that's going to be frustrating is WSU was up 49-17 over UCLA with only 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and lost. Leach is not capable of switching to any kind of running game or working the clock.

Really Clark?
Shrader is excited for the chance to sling it around.

dawgday166

Yea ... I noticed that too with RBs, but they do stay in some to pass protect. But not too often.

ETA: I'm kinda saying that when Leach expects you to do something, if you dog it he'll be all over your ass.

Rex54
01-11-2020, 02:42 PM
With the rise of Christian McCaffery I think Leach could bring in some talented RB's that can run routes and catch. Having a mobile QB would add that wrinkle too, interested in seeing Shrader in this offense.

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2020, 02:43 PM

Good. He can't block anyway so we may as well make him a primary pass catcher. If he does that, he'll be an Arizona Cardinal in 2 years.

HaggardDawg
Here's how soft our players are right now and maybe I'm overreacting but I've been a coach before. These dumbasses are asking their brand new coach the minute he steps off the plane "we going to Nike coach?" They don't know leach from Adam and instead of "excited to play coach, ready to go to work" it's " what we gon wear?"

Again maybe I'm being overly critical but you don't have that relationship with your new coach to bullshit him about bs stuff. That annoyed me.

shoeless joe

Can’t wait to get on here and read your boastful post when a QB gets dinged!!!**

Never mind that shrader, Stevens, fitz, dak, and Russell all sustained injuries and missed time during their time here as QB.

ShotgunDawg

It'll hurt us a bit next year but probably helps the culture to get him out of here.

parabrave
01-11-2020, 02:44 PM
Shame that Dear is gone. That sounds like a great role for him.

msu15
01-11-2020, 02:47 PM

Yea because so many QB's get hurt under Leach......give me a break.

defiantdog
Shrader is actually good with checking formations and going through his progressions. It'll be exciting to see him in Leach's system

dawgday166
Good. He can't block anyway so we may as well make him a primary pass catcher. If he does that, he'll be an Arizona Cardinal in 2 years.

Cardinal's backs don't have to block?

And you have to be able to take the hits and break tough tackles in the pros. Hill hasn't shown me yet he can do that. He gets his yards against lesser opponents and when games are outta hand.

Lot of opportunity for him this year to prove me wrong tho .. if he comes back.

Coach34
01-11-2020, 02:48 PM
So question. QB gets hit just about every time in the read. Why is it now an issue with Leach?? Statue? Just asking

QB is a runner and able to protect himself more. Meeting force with force. In the pocket you are stationary, get hit from behind, and in all kinds of awkward ways. There is worry either way of course but when you are so pass-heavy there tends to be a bigger drop in passing ability between your QB's.

Todd4State
01-11-2020, 02:48 PM
Here's how soft our players are right now and maybe I'm overreacting but I've been a coach before. These dumbasses are asking their brand new coach the minute he steps off the plane "we going to Nike coach?" They don't know leach from Adam and instead of "excited to play coach, ready to go to work" it's " what we gon wear?"

Again maybe I'm being overly critical but you don't have that relationship with your new coach to bullshit him about bs stuff. That annoyed me.

So much for the players love the uniforms that the fans hate narrative MSU.

It'll hurt us a bit next year but probably helps the culture to get him out of here.

Yes but I'll trade away Tommy Pham if it helps the entire team perform better. Gay is talented. But his immature decisions hurt us almost as much as he has helped.

HoopsDawg
01-11-2020, 02:49 PM
QB is a runner and able to protect himself more. Meeting force with force. In the pocket you are stationary, get hit from behind, and in all kinds of awkward ways. There is worry either way of course but when you are so pass-heavy there tends to be a bigger drop in passing ability between your QB's.

The rules these days protect the QB's more than ever, especially when they are in the pocket.

Coach34
01-11-2020, 02:50 PM
Yea because so many QB's get hurt under Leach......give me a break.

I watched us almost kill Tim Couch. The game has evolved a good bit- but SEC DL's are different and you know it. Moorhead's QB's werent getting hurt either before he got here.

chef dixon
01-11-2020, 02:51 PM

Well this year we had plastic man and every other QB with a bunch of "upper and lower bodies." Hell, Jovester's system puts QBs at risk of injury post bowl practice. Can't say we ain't used to it.

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 02:53 PM
I watched us almost kill Tim Couch. The game has evolved a good bit- but SEC DL's are different and you know it. Moorhead's QB's werent getting hurt either before he got here.

Leach likes wide splits for Olinemen. Interesting to see how that works down here. QBs still get the ball out quick tho but ... we'll see. I figure he may struggle against the top 3 or 4 Ds in our league tho.

Rex54
01-11-2020, 02:55 PM

Wasn't Tommy hurt at Penn St...

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Wasn't Tommy hurt at Penn St...

Tommy always hurt. Hurt at PSU, hurt here.

Rex54
01-11-2020, 03:02 PM
Tommy always hurt. Hurt at PSU, hurt here.

So we basically have two years to go on and a hurt QB example but "his QB's don't get hurt"... Leach will be as or more successful as anyone we could have gotten this cycle.

If a QB does get hurt are we saying they wouldn't have under Napier? GTFO here....

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 03:10 PM
So we basically have two years to go on and a hurt QB example but "his QB's don't get hurt"... Leach will be as or more successful as anyone we could have gotten this cycle.

If a QB does get hurt are we saying they wouldn't have under Napier? GTFO here....

QBs can get hurt running too. Shrader did in fact. So did Fitz. But Fitz was with OM trying to break lower part of his leg. If Key were running all the time he might get hurt. Dak & Fitz .. they really big, strong, tough guys.

But with running QB is more prepared for the lick. What C34 is saying is that with passing so much, more blind side or down low licks will occur to our QBs ... regardless of how well we pass protect. The more you throw ... the more that's gonna happen.

BB30
01-11-2020, 03:12 PM

Eh QBs get hurt... look around the league. Tua has stayed hurt with one of the better OLs in the Sec the last two years. Felipe franks was hurt. Fromm was banged up two years ago. USC E Bentley and the #2 got hurt.

Ky QBs got hurt this year. Our QBs stayed hurt this year. Tennessee had QBs banged up this year.

It happens in any offensive system.

I understand you don’t like the hire and it may or may not work out but you don’t have to start throwing out every excuse in the book.

And if you are going to throw out his QBs get hurt at a higher clip than other coaches then post some stats that back your position up.

Rex54
01-11-2020, 03:15 PM
QBs can get hurt running too. Shrader did in fact. So did Fitz. But Fitz was with OM trying to break lower part of his leg. If Key were running all the time he might get hurt. Dak & Fitz .. they really big, strong, tough guys.

But with running QB is more prepared for the lick. What C34 is saying is that with passing so much, more blind side or down low licks will occur to our QBs ... regardless of how well we pass protect. The more you throw ... the more that's gonna happen.

Brady Manning and Brees playing strong into the 40's.. Rivers and Eli still around.

Remember this will be his best OL talent as well..

Jarius
01-11-2020, 03:15 PM

We will play 8 or 9 defenses next year that are no better than what his quarterbacks faced on a yearly basis in the big 12 or in the pac. We have elite defenses in the SEC at the top but once you get past that our conference is like everyone else's. Arkansas, NC State, Missouri, and Ole Miss are not anything Leach doesn't face every single year. A&M was a team he faced every year and dominated while in the big 12. Then we have the 3 non conference cupcakes. Alabama, LSU, and Auburn will be tough defenses above what his teams have faced. That's it.

Rex54
01-11-2020, 03:19 PM
I understand you don’t like the hire and it may or may not work out but you don’t have to start throwing out every excuse in the book.

Yeah that is going to get very stale very quick.

gtowndawg
01-11-2020, 03:20 PM

In all fairness, I watched as he got off the plane live. It was my impression and understanding they were giving Leach a hard time because he had Nike's on. Sort of like "hey, we don't wear Nike here" just in fun of course. I could be totally wrong but that was my understanding.

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 03:22 PM
Brady Manning and Brees playing strong into the 40's.. Rivers and Eli still around.

Remember this will be his best OL talent as well..

Good points. I'm on board with Leach tho. I do think he might be a little challenged and have to make some adjustments for our league tho. But I think he'll tweak his system, whether it's linemen's splits or whatever, to take into account the speed of SEC Dline & Backers.

Mobile Bay
01-11-2020, 03:23 PM

I agree, Leach would have either told him to pack or ran him till he got the message. This is going to be a lot like Saban's first year where a bunch of "players" got processed.

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 03:26 PM
I agree, Leach would have either told him to pack or ran him till he got the message. This is going to be a lot like Saban's first year where a bunch of "players" got processed.

So I read Bear's autobiography and Leach's. There a a lot of similarities relative to their ideas on discipline, toughness, and how to motivate individual players. Leach understands that psychology, just like Bryant did.

Pennywise
01-11-2020, 03:27 PM
Leach likes wide splits for Olinemen. Interesting to see how that works down here. QBs still get the ball out quick tho but ... we'll see. I figure he may struggle against the top 3 or 4 Ds in our league tho.

Uh, hasn't every team we've had struggled against the top 3/4 SEC Defenses in the past?

I expect to upset someone and also be upset pretty much each season.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2020, 03:28 PM
Hill will be back or he will be playing at Jackson State. KT will probably play WR. Yes there are many that will leave bc they were used to the gravy train. If this board knew how out of hand it had gotten there would be no Moorhead supporters

Mobile Bay
01-11-2020, 03:30 PM
Uh, hasn't every team we've had struggled against the top 3/4 SEC Defenses in the past?

I fully expect in the next 4-5 years we will have a season where we beat Alabama, beat LSU, and lose to somebody like Western Kentucky or La Tech the same season. High risk and high reward can do very well. But there will be days when the stars just are not right.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2020, 03:30 PM

Well Leach bet OM and Eli. Leach beat us with Couch. I understand your concerns but the air raid is being ran in many different forms at just about every team we see.

shoeless joe
01-11-2020, 03:32 PM
Hill will be back or he will be playing at Jackson State. KT will probably play WR. Yes there are many that will leave bc they were used to the gravy train. If this board knew how out of hand it had gotten there would be no Moorhead supporters

Amen.

I personally don’t see how anybody couldn’t tell it just by watching everything on game day.

Percho
01-11-2020, 03:34 PM
Work out of punt formation and make the defense work further. Should or should I not ***?

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 03:36 PM

Absolutely agree. We gonna struggle against those teams most years if we run a power spread.

Pennywise
01-11-2020, 03:37 PM
If this board knew how out of hand it had gotten there would be no Moorhead supporters

C'mon. The man is gone. Sill those beans.

https://i.imgur.com/AZkVIAY.gif

maroonmania
01-11-2020, 03:38 PM
Boy if this was known, we kept Joe way too long; and I really don't understand the crawfish after eggbowl. That is about the body language I read watching the video with team.

Agree, Leach needs to cut the cancers out quickly so we can move on.

Anyone that thought that tutorgate wasn't tied in with our decaying culture just had their head in the sand. Still can't believe all the folks that wanted to give Moorhead an absolute free pass on that.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2020, 03:39 PM

Yeah unfortunately the discipline issues were beyond repair with joe

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 03:40 PM
Anyone that thought that tutorgate wasn't tied in with our decaying culture just had their head in the sand. Still can't believe all the folks that wanted to give Moorhead an absolute free pass on that.

Me neither. Never did understand that.

maroonmania
01-11-2020, 03:43 PM

You are way overplaying this. Yea, may be some issues in the first year with our OL that is not built for just pass protecting, but in the long term a guy like Minshew played the entire 2018 season for Leach without getting hurt. Gordon played the entire 2019 without getting hurt. Meanwhile other PAC 12 teams like USC, went through multiple QBs this year. I actually think Mullen's system puts a QB more in harm's way than Leach's system.

Jarius
01-11-2020, 04:23 PM
You are way overplaying this. Yea, may be some issues in the first year with our OL that is not built for just pass protecting, but in the long term a guy like Minshew played the entire 2018 season for Leach without getting hurt. Gordon played the entire 2019 without getting hurt. Meanwhile other PAC 12 teams like USC, went through multiple QBs this year. I actually think Mullen's system puts a QB more in harm's way than Leach's system.

Moorhead has been recruiting for a pass first offense for the past 2 years. We are not going from a bunch of players recruited to run the triple option to the air raid. The biggest problem we have had is Joe Moorhead. Leach will have more talent on offense this year than he has ever had at any previous head coaching position in his life. We will be competitive because we have a head coach that actually knows how to run a program and have discipline and foster a winning culture.

KOdawg1
01-11-2020, 04:35 PM
To answer the OP, some of our players probably aren't too thrilled that Leach told them this would be one of the most demanding offseasons they've had. They're realizing that half assing it won't cut it anymore. They'll either toughen up or get the hell out.

Todd4State
01-11-2020, 04:38 PM
Yeah unfortunately the discipline issues were beyond repair with joe

That was always my biggest concern about Joe and fixing the problems we had. Hiring a new ST coach and S&C guy was only going to fix so much.

Ezsoil
01-12-2020, 12:47 AM

Those splits may have been fine for the the PAC 12 as that conference had eight, count them eight defensive players drafted last year....

bulldawg28
01-12-2020, 05:16 AM

They need a welcoming back to college football.

HRTFXR
01-12-2020, 08:50 AM
I don't think WG would be happy with the discipline Leach is going to bring to this team.

dawgday166
01-12-2020, 10:30 AM
I don't think WG would be happy with the discipline Leach is going to bring to this team.

Actually ... On WG I kinda think you're wrong. I think he hates Moorhead's soft culture.

I think Kylin gonna have to tighten up. The pats on the back are most likely going away for a while.

dawgday166
01-12-2020, 10:31 AM
Those splits may have been fine for the the PAC 12 as that conference had eight, count them eight defensive players drafted last year....

I watched the 2013 WSU vs AU game. I'm thinking now we gonna be alright with the wide splits.

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2020, 10:33 AM
Actually ... On WG I kinda think you're wrong. I think he hates Moorhead's soft culture.

I think Kylin gonna have to tighten up. The pats on the back are most likely going away for a while.

I find it very odd that WG hired an agent before the new coach was announced.

It's like some agent got in his ear & influenced him into an awful decision.

That or Willie wasn't going to be academically eligible & he had no choice but to go pro.

gravedigger
01-12-2020, 10:36 AM

The qb controls whether the rb stays in and blocks or goes to the flat in this offense. IF the qb gets hurt due to a hit on a blitz, it's due to a poor read or not getting rid of it.

Very few plays where the rb is the primary out of the backfield, but many opportunities for the rb's to catch the ball because the tendency is to let him slide.

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2020, 10:36 AM
I watched the 2013 WSU vs AU game. I'm thinking now we gonna be alright with the wide splits.

This.

In Leach's interview with Michael Lewis, Leach addresses this. Fast forward to the 23:30 & listen for about 1 minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU2YDfkkXRo&t=1799s

Coursesuper
01-12-2020, 10:42 AM
The qb controls whether the rb stays in and blocks or goes to the flat in this offense. IF the qb gets hurt due to a hit on a blitz, it's due to a poor read or not getting rid of it.

Very few plays where the rb is the primary out of the backfield, but many opportunities for the rb's to catch the ball because the tendency is to let him slide.

Thanks "Coach".

Turfdawg67
01-12-2020, 10:45 AM
Thanks "Coach".

Coach or not, he was absolutely correct.

Coursesuper
01-12-2020, 10:56 AM
Coach or not, he was absolutely correct.

Played or coached in that system have you? Our are you well YouTube versed in how it works? And before you come at me, I've spent hours and hours discussing this type of offense with coaches that won a state championship using the exact same principles of what we will be seeing. What was posted is a gross simplification of how this works. And no I'm not going into it on here I'm not T4S, don't have that kind of endurance.

Turfdawg67
01-12-2020, 11:04 AM
Played or coached in that system have you? Our are you well YouTube versed in how it works? And before you come at me, I've spent hours and hours discussing this type of offense with coaches that won a state championship using the exact same principles of what we will be seeing. What was posted is a gross simplification of how this works. And no I'm not going into it on here I'm not T4S, don't have that kind of endurance.

My bad. Guess that qualifies you as a "coach". Know your place gravedigger!

Coursesuper
01-12-2020, 11:14 AM
My bad. Guess that qualifies you as a "coach". Know your place gravedigger!

Whatever. Not worth the effort anymore.

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2020, 12:11 PM
C'mon. The man is gone. Sill those beans.

https://i.imgur.com/AZkVIAY.gif

I posted a longass paragraph after the kick rocks presser and some said I had moorhead derangement syndrome. That must be another word for truth

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2020, 12:14 PM

Mullen has never had a year since I've been watching him where his QB stayed healthy the entire year. Maybe his first year at State. Dak was hurt, Fitz was hurt, Russell was hurt, Relf got hurt, Franks got hurt and Trask was hurt vs Auburn.