PDA

View Full Version : Gotta say I was not sure about this when first announced

R2Dawg
01-10-2020, 09:26 PM
but after seeing some stuff the past 24 hrs and having just watched his press conference, I am super impressed that we may have hit a home run.

Cohen and Keenum seemed to have managed this well to boot. Leach says the right stuff (yes he says much of it funny but that doesn't really matter). He is a serious coach that is street smart and book smart. He is an 18 yr successful power 5 coach in two different conferences who has ties to SEC and has already dominated on O in the SEC at a school that at the time was not very good - UK.

I am really starting to think he may do some really good stuff here. Today was big for MSU. We made a statement today on a national stage. Yes built a little at a time by JWS, Mullen and now Leach will build on that. Tradition and respect take time and folks not paying attention over the past 4 decades, MSU is becoming a national brand. I work with a guy who is from up north (just moved here a few years ago). He is looking for an SEC team to call his own. He told me today MSU is his team. He could have picked anyone else, he picked MSU. He went to egg bowl this past year and got baptized into the rivalry and now we have moved the needle once again.

MSU is on the move folks. Hail State!!

OLJWales
01-10-2020, 10:06 PM
We are needing an answer to lock down MS and that means dominating Ole Miss. Let them continue to pay $1/2M a year for out of state talent till they piss the blue bloods off agan into a 2 year death penalty.

Leach is great in beating teams with higher crootin' rankings. Nobody does that better. Locking a state down like MS would be powerful and it is untested as no one team's ever been able to do that. Leach is the king of beating you with his while also being able to beat you with yours.

That in and of itself is why there is NO better coach for us. I'm syked.

bobtail bob
01-10-2020, 10:36 PM
There is something about the man that makes you hang on every word and follow him. Some have it and some don't . He definitely has IT
I'm sold

https://images.app.goo.gl/oNddxBNy5Vr2Vwm47

bobtail bob
01-10-2020, 10:55 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/be/24/03/be240376d967ec4a5b6734d8631bf6ec--black-faced-sheep-baa-baa-black-sheep.jpg

Tbonewannabe
01-11-2020, 09:52 AM
We are needing an answer to lock down MS and that means dominating Ole Miss. Let them continue to pay $1/2M a year for out of state talent till they piss the blue bloods off agan into a 2 year death penalty.

Leach is great in beating teams with higher crootin' rankings. Nobody does that better. Locking a state down like MS would be powerful and it is untested as no one team's ever been able to do that. Leach is the king of beating you with his while also being able to beat you with yours.

Also beating Ole Miss with mostly MS kids. MSU is the people's university so it should also be the people's football team. Ole Miss prides itself on getting a lot of students, not just football players, outside of MS. We need to market the hell out of that similar to the Our State marketing campaign.

timotheus
01-11-2020, 09:59 AM
Bottom line if Leach can win 7 to 8 annually and then gain an additional win or 2 in some years, he'll stay a long time. The main thing will be how composed and prepared will the team be in the games which nobody expects MSU to win. Leach has thrived at times in these type situations but I think he craves the challenge and he dang sure has his shot in the SEC west now.

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 10:08 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/be/24/03/be240376d967ec4a5b6734d8631bf6ec--black-faced-sheep-baa-baa-black-sheep.jpg

Dude ... I'm way more wooly than I like to be before an upcoming football season. I don't mind some wool but when I get too wooly the season almost always crashes and burns LOL.

Spiderman
01-11-2020, 10:19 AM
Dude ... I'm way more wooly than I like to be before an upcoming football season. I don't mind some wool but when I get too wooly the season almost always crashes and burns LOL.

It's an exciting hire. I like it.

But whoever we had hired was gonna have some issues this year. Gonna have to be realistic. 6-7 wins this coming year should make everybody happy, looking at it logically. Any thing else will be gravy.

A 5-7 won't be the end of the world. Disappointing, but not shocking.

OLJWales
01-11-2020, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=Tbonewannabe;1219729]Also beating Ole Miss with mostly MS kids. MSU is the people's university so it should also be the people's football team. Ole Miss prides itself on getting a lot of students, not just football pl

Thankfully we escaped with back to back egg bowl wins during the JOMO disaster. Winning the egg bowl is important to our fans and for crootin'. Since we finally fired JOMO, I'm now actually starting to re-enjoy our egg bowl victory as having him to continually hang around afterwards was an egg bowl victory buzz kill.

In order for us to take the next step, killing ole miss is imperative. Mississippi does not have the capacity or resources like Alabama to have 2 power SEC teams in one state. We have to dog cuss their confederate asses ad nauseam to croots just like they dog cuss us. Beat their ass every year and ask a guy on the fence why he's considering confederate losers as his choice. Until we understand football war, we will not get to the next tier. Taking down ole miss the way Vaught defeated State is how you do things. It's time for us to have our "Vaught run" on their asses the way they did us. Racism has being stomped to hell and back and it's old. Let's run with it, pump our chests with it and work our asses off and make it happen. Power to the People's U. (STATE)

Todd4State
01-11-2020, 05:09 PM

Also beating Ole Miss with mostly MS kids. MSU is the people's university so it should also be the people's football team. Ole Miss prides itself on getting a lot of students, not just football players, outside of MS. We need to market the hell out of that similar to the Our State marketing campaign.

These guys get it.

Leach is our biggest football hire since Jackie and may be bigger honestly.

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2020, 05:24 PM

But whoever we had hired was gonna have some issues this year. Gonna have to be realistic. 6-7 wins this coming year should make everybody happy, looking at it logically. Any thing else will be gravy.

I'm perfectly fine with 6-7 wins next year if I see improvement & see the vision of where we're going. I think most would agree with that.

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2020, 05:30 PM
Getting Leach really has ceiling for us, but somethings have to go right.

1. There can't be a let down on in-state recruiting. If he can maintain in-state recruiting like we've always done, then that's going to give him at least a similar foundation as every other MSU coach has had, particularly on defense

2. Has to maintain the model of getting JUCO guys.

3. Has to demand physicality on the defensive side.

4. Hopefully he can get us into Dallas, Houston, & East Texas for some skill players. Texas HS kids, particularly the skill guys are more polished than deep South kids. To many Texas kids, Leach is a legend of the past that they never got to play for because he left. Will they drive a few more hours to play for him now? This could really change MSU for the good.

That about it, if Leach can just maintain what we've always done while reaching into Texas for some polished skill players, this could be a special special time for MSU. I could see us fielding a team that is similar to something slightly lesser than Oklahoma offensively while being better than them on defense.

OLJWales
01-11-2020, 05:33 PM
I'm perfectly fine with 6-7 wins next year if I see improvement & see the vision of where we're going. I think most would agree with that.

I'm optimistic. 8 games, maybe 9. We've arrived. We are gonna see toughness again. Final 4 in 3 more years. Leach finally has the talent he's been waiting on.

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2020, 05:36 PM
I'm optimistic. 8 games, maybe 9. We've arrived. We are gonna see toughness again. Final 4 in 3 more years. Leach finally has the talent he's been waiting on.

It's tough to say until we see what our QBs & WRs look like in this offense

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2020, 05:38 PM
I can't wait to see the chemistry the offensive guys gain once this offense gains some rhythm.

It just looks so much fun to play in & we know it works

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 05:42 PM

I agree on record for sure. I've told some others need to chill on that ... even if Mullen were here. But ... just hope we kinda look like progress is being made and like there's a real good chance this will work.

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 05:44 PM
These guys get it.

Leach is our biggest football hire since Jackie and may be bigger honestly.

LOL ... You do remember Jackie won Natty at Pitt don't you? Not saying Leach ain't big but ...

Noxdog
01-11-2020, 05:51 PM
LOL ... You do remember Jackie won Natty at Pitt don't you? Not saying Leach ain't big but ...

Yes, KJWS did recruit the majority of the players but Majors was HBC.

Yes, JWS was on staff.

Yes, majors would not have a NC if it were not for KJWS.

TrapGame
01-11-2020, 05:52 PM

If Leach comes in year one and goes 9-3 he will be up for COTY. I think we win 7 go and to a decent bowl.

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 05:53 PM
Yes, KJWS did recruit the majority of the players but Majors was HBC.

Yes, JWS was on staff.

Yes, majors would not have a NC if it were not for KJWS.

Yea ... that's right. Got mixed up on that one.

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 05:55 PM
If Leach comes in year one and goes 9-3 he will be up for COTY. I think we win 7 go and to a decent bowl.

Ole Josey .. he got him some high aspirations in short time don't he haha. Doesn't quite take after his namesake.

TrapGame
01-11-2020, 06:29 PM
Ole Josey .. he got him some high aspirations in short time don't he haha. Doesn't quite take after his namesake.

Yeah, everybody sprouting some thick wool lately. I'm gonna keep mine short.

OLJWales
01-12-2020, 08:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yid-CW-O9Qw