PDA

View Full Version : Severe weather threat for MS about to get real

starkvegasdawg
01-10-2020, 05:51 PM
The storm system has already taken shape over in OK and TX with multiple warnings. It is now starting its march towards MS. Latest guidance shows it should be approaching the river around 3:00-4:00am. Latest trends have also been showing an uptick in the chance of discrete super cells, especially in the delta. If that happens in the highly sheared and unstable environment that will be in place, multiple tornadoes will be possible and some could be strong/violent. Please have multiple ways to get warnings tonight and tomorrow morning.

Current plan is to stage around Leland by 3:00 or so and then move on storms as they mature and cross the river. No live stream during the night, but if things are still hopping in the morning hours I'll fire it up.

RocketDawg
01-10-2020, 07:49 PM
The storm system has already taken shape over in OK and TX with multiple warnings. It is now starting its march towards MS. Latest guidance shows it should be approaching the river around 3:00-4:00am. Latest trends have also been showing an uptick in the chance of discrete super cells, especially in the delta. If that happens in the highly sheared and unstable environment that will be in place, multiple tornadoes will be possible and some could be strong/violent. Please have multiple ways to get warnings tonight and tomorrow morning.

Current plan is to stage around Leland by 3:00 or so and then move on storms as they mature and cross the river. No live stream during the night, but if things are still hopping in the morning hours I'll fire it up.

Could you once again give a link to your live stream?

gravedigger
01-10-2020, 07:55 PM

Appreciate the offer again but I'll be using your reports to guide my drivers in the morning.

First tornado or severe warning and we shut down till it passes

hacker
01-10-2020, 08:02 PM
How we looking for Rankin?

starkvegasdawg
01-10-2020, 08:10 PM
Could you once again give a link to your live stream?

It's @nmscasStan but I probably won't be doing any until morning daylight.

starkvegasdawg
01-10-2020, 08:11 PM
How we looking for Rankin?

Rankin will need to be paying attention from around sunrise to 9:00 or so.

Liverpooldawg
01-10-2020, 08:13 PM
East of the Trace and north of 82?

starkvegasdawg
01-10-2020, 08:20 PM

Right now I'd say exact opposite for the biggest tornado threat. Entire area for damaging wind threat. All that said, the spc updates again about midnight. All eyes on that update.

Skydawg1
01-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Clinton? My bro lives on I-20 in Arlingon, TX and said there were some dicey moments but mainly just raining cats and dogs.

OLJWales
01-10-2020, 08:56 PM
Clinton? My bro lives on I-20 in Arlingon, TX and said there were some dicey moments but mainly just raining cats and dogs.

Damn, is this the same system? I'm in Fort Worth and we had the sirens go off and a tornado was spotted. No damage reported but we are still under a watch for about another hour.

I was thinking that MS would not be seeing this shit for another 24.

Skydawg1
01-10-2020, 09:04 PM
Damn, is this the same system? I'm in Fort Worth and we had the sirens go off and a tornado was spotted. No damage reported but we are still under a watch for about another hour.

I was thinking that MS would not be seeing this shit for another 24.

No, it's not here yet (in MS). I was just asking what we should be expecting in Clinton (Hinds area). Storm is still making its way to MS. I'm sure sirens were going off where he lives too (Kennedale)...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-10-2020, 09:05 PM
What is the timing on Starkville?

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 09:09 PM
Jones county?

OLJWales
01-10-2020, 09:16 PM
Here in Fort Worth, based on tracking and stuff, it seems like it's moving in more of a northerly direction. They always seem to move east to northeast. this one looks like there's more of a northerly direction. hopefully that spares Jackson where my mom still lives.

starkvegasdawg
01-10-2020, 09:16 PM
What is the timing on Starkville?

Starkville looking to be 10:00am-noon time frame.

starkvegasdawg
01-10-2020, 09:21 PM
Jones county?

Definitely under the gun. Basically, Anywhere in MS needs to be weather aware tomorrow. Latest model runs are starting more and more to show possibility of discrete cells maintaining themselves across MS and into AL. If that ends up being the case then tomorrow could be very volatile. SPC updates again at midnight. I'm very impatiently waiting to see what it says about the tornado threat for MS.

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 09:24 PM
Definitely under the gun. Basically, Anywhere in MS needs to be weather aware tomorrow. Latest model runs are starting more and more to show possibility of discrete cells maintaining themselves across MS and into AL. If that ends up being the case then tomorrow could be very volatile. SPC updates again at midnight. I'm very impatiently waiting to see what it says about the tornado threat for MS.

Thanks for the info! Appreciate the updates!

parabrave
01-10-2020, 10:28 PM
Hey Vegas check oiut the GLM FED loop 9:35pmCST/ Dam you could walk from San Antonio to Little Rock on that Lightning.

Liverpooldawg
01-10-2020, 10:32 PM
Delete

Liverpooldawg
01-10-2020, 10:34 PM
Right now I'd say exact opposite for the biggest tornado threat. Entire area for damaging wind threat. All that said, the spc updates again about midnight. All eyes on that update.

Thanks

starkvegasdawg
01-10-2020, 10:38 PM
Been telling this myself all afternoon, but going to try and get a little sleep now before I head out in a few hours. Try to answer any questions that come in before I head out.

LoneStarDawg
01-10-2020, 10:47 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated...Be safe out there!

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 10:50 PM
Be safe out there man!

hopsondawg22
01-10-2020, 10:56 PM
Thoughts on what part of the delta will get hit hardest?

starkvegasdawg
01-11-2020, 12:35 AM
Thoughts on what part of the delta will get hit hardest?

As of right now it's all in play equally.

starkvegasdawg
01-11-2020, 01:14 AM
Latest spc guidance is out and looks to be good news. They did not upgrade to a moderate risk and have dropped the tornado threat down to slight due to current thinking that discrete cells will be limited to non-existent. Future updates later today can always upgrade, but due to the drop in tornado threat, I am delaying my chase until later today when I have a chance to see how this all plays out.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
01-11-2020, 03:06 AM
Starkville looking to be 10:00am-noon time frame.

Do I need to tell my son to come home? He?s on campus right now

parabrave
01-11-2020, 04:41 AM
Shit hitting the fan in the Greenville Cleveland area. Looks like its heading down 82

starkvegasdawg
01-11-2020, 05:49 AM
I'm headed to meet them.

Cowbell
01-11-2020, 06:12 AM
I'm in North TX and I have never seen so much rain so fast. They shut down a major highway last night due to flooding that had never happened. It started around noon and by 6:00 we had 5 inches. Don't know what it is now but every creek near my house is out of its banks.

Dawg_Lover
01-11-2020, 06:53 AM
I am just east of Hernando, & had a tornado headed straight for me earlier. Thank the good Lord, I dodged a bullet. Don’t know yet if anyone hit in the area. No power. Hoping all stay safe.

LoneStarDawg
01-11-2020, 07:26 AM
I am just east of Hernando, & had a tornado headed straight for me earlier. Thank the good Lord, I dodged a bullet. Don?t know yet if anyone hit in the area. No power. Hoping all stay safe.

Glad to hear you are ok...everyone else stay aware today.

notsofarawaydawg
01-11-2020, 08:57 AM
Reports of high winds / tornado in Baldwyn area. Damage at the school according to WTVA.

Bdawg
01-11-2020, 08:59 AM
Got bad in Lake Village, AR. My sister lives there and trees and telephone poles are down. Not sure if it was a tornado or just bad winds but damage is pretty rough. My cousin just drove through to help his in laws with roof damage and said a lot of trees and poles down.

Saltydog
01-11-2020, 09:07 AM
Got rough up around Baldwyn. Part of the roof blown off at BHS and trees down all over town. Apparently straight line winds.

starkvegasdawg
01-11-2020, 09:26 AM
Hearing reports of damage and injuries coming in. Mainly north part of state. Central and southern part may be about to get more active next few hours.

gravedigger
01-11-2020, 09:27 AM

Starkville set to be in the path of the weather about 8:40 to 9.

gravedigger
01-11-2020, 09:29 AM
Hearing reports of damage and injuries coming in. Mainly north part of state. Central and southern part may be about to get more active next few hours.

SMART Buses shut down now according to Doublemap. Will start when storm clears. Should hit at 8:45-9

OLJWales
01-11-2020, 10:33 AM
I'm watching a little snow fall here in fort worth, tornadoes last night, snow in morning. Temps went from 69 to 32 as about as fast as I've ever seen

defiantdog
01-11-2020, 10:36 AM

Lots of damage in Greenville at the old duck camp. Hit around 4:30am.

RocketDawg
01-11-2020, 12:24 PM
Tusk - is the tornado just southwest of Reform near you? Weather Channel says there's been some damage.

parabrave
01-11-2020, 12:30 PM
NWS says confirmed T near Reform. Any damage from that line when it went through the 45 corridor?

defiantdog
01-11-2020, 12:33 PM
Tusk - is the tornado just southwest of Reform near you? Weather Channel says there's been some damage.
I believe Tusk is in northwest Alabama..... reform is near Tuscaloosa

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
01-11-2020, 12:51 PM
Did the campus get hit

Ezsoil
01-11-2020, 12:54 PM
Did the campus get hit

I just checked my camera on my place and it's still there .....

parabrave
01-11-2020, 12:59 PM

It looked like on Radar that most of the activity was south of 82 from a line from Forest to union to Scooba to south of Columbus into reform. Vegas can most probably give you a better analysis of storm tracts. Right now Tuscaloosa is in the crosshairs. Kinda close to their earlier tornadic activity a few years ago/ Where ya at Vegas

starkvegasdawg
01-11-2020, 01:04 PM
Tornado was about 5-10 miles SW of Reform. Just had a report of two deaths near Carrollton, AL.

Confirmed tornado earlier for Bolivar county.

Lots of straight line wind damage.

defiantdog
01-11-2020, 01:06 PM
It looked like on Radar that most of the activity was south of 82 from a line from Forest to union to Scooba to south of Columbus into reform. Vegas can most probably give you a better analysis of storm tracts. Right now Tuscaloosa is in the crosshairs. Kinda close to their earlier tornadic activity a few years ago/ Where ya at Vegas
Tuscaloosa went unharmed..... had straight line winds that were brief. There are two confirmed deaths just northwest of Tuscaloosa though.

parabrave
01-11-2020, 01:07 PM
Tuscaloosa went unharmed..... had straight line winds that were brief. There are two confirmed deaths just northwest of Tuscaloosa though.

Dam. Things were quiet here on the coast. Just lots of rain. Line of Tshas went through here fast.

MetEdDawg
01-11-2020, 01:12 PM
I live in Bham Metro and it's currently 74 degrees outside right now. It's just ripe outside. About to get hammered over here.

RocketDawg
01-11-2020, 01:27 PM
I believe Tusk is in northwest Alabama..... reform is near Tuscaloosa

Maybe, but I thought he was in Pickens County - Reform/Aliceville area. Maybe not.

At any rate, Channel 48 says confirmed 3 fatalities from the Pickens County tornado.

TUSK
01-11-2020, 01:28 PM
We got HAMMERED.... I'd guess 40 MPH gusts and a bunch of water...

Carrollton is about 18 miles SE of me... Reform is about 10 miles East... edit: I am in the NW corner of Pickens County... about 3 miles from the MS/AL line on US82ish...

Power is out and other than my hottub cover blowing off and 2 wet dogs, all is well in Tuskville...

Thanks for askin', fellas!!!

Liverpooldawg
01-11-2020, 01:28 PM
Maybe, but I thought he was in Pickens County - Reform/Aliceville area. Maybe not.

At any rate, Channel 48 says confirmed 3 fatalities from the Pickens County tornado.

I think you are correct.

RocketDawg
01-11-2020, 01:29 PM
I live in Bham Metro and it's currently 74 degrees outside right now. It's just ripe outside. About to get hammered over here.

72 in the Huntsville area. Feels more like stormy April than early-mid January.

Storms are just getting ready to come into this area, and seem to be intensifying.

RocketDawg
01-11-2020, 01:30 PM

Carrollton is about 18 miles SE of me... Reform is about 10 miles East... edit: I am in the NE corner of Pickens County... about 3 miles from the MS/AL line on US82ish...

Power is out and other than my hottub cover blowing off and 2 wet dogs, all is well in Tuskville...

Good to hear. That was too close for comfort. Things are beginning to get ripe in the Huntsville metro.

TUSK
01-11-2020, 01:30 PM
72 in the Huntsville area. Feels more like stormy April than early-mid January.

Storms are just getting ready to come into this area, and seem to be intensifying.

Get your head down,,,, it's a MFer, buddy...

RocketDawg
01-11-2020, 01:32 PM
Get your head down,,,, it's a MFer, buddy...

Will do.

Ch. 48 reporting major damage in Morgan County (Decatur). Power lines and poles down, vehicles trapped. Straight line winds possibly >70mph.

TUSK
01-11-2020, 01:33 PM
Vegas, I've said it several times, and I'll say it again...

Don't chase them 'naders... just sit on my deck with a mason jar of shine and lettem come to you.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2020, 01:35 PM

Carrollton is about 18 miles SE of me... Reform is about 10 miles East... edit: I am in the NW corner of Pickens County... about 3 miles from the MS/AL line on US82ish...

Glad to hear you ok! You holed up in your bunker?

RocketDawg
01-11-2020, 01:37 PM
Tornado warning near Cullman. Might be the same storm from Pickens Cty.

TUSK
01-11-2020, 01:40 PM
Glad to hear you ok! You holed up in your bunker?

How did you know I have a bunker?

parabrave
01-11-2020, 01:47 PM

Think I found your spread on Google earth. Dam how many junk 56 Studebakers and Edsiels do you have in your yard? Looks like the set for deliverance.**

TUSK
01-11-2020, 01:52 PM
Think I found your spread on Google earth. Dam how many junk 56 Studebakers and Edsiels do you have in your yard? Looks like the set for deliverance.**

Dude, those are AA Mini-Guns and an MLRS (or two)... a couple might be whiskey stills... the car bodies are just concealment...

Commercecomet24
01-11-2020, 01:52 PM
How did you know I have a bunker?

Lol I know you!

parabrave
01-11-2020, 01:57 PM
Dude, those are AA Mini-Guns and an MLRS (or two)... a couple might be whiskey stills... the car bodies are just concealment...

So John Malkovich is a Tenant. Get to use the Pig old man.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
01-11-2020, 02:48 PM
Thanks! I owe the board apologies. I called my son and he said everything was fine. Sorry for not bringing that info back here

TUSK
01-11-2020, 03:29 PM
So John Malkovich is a Tenant. Get to use the Pig old man.

"'Old Man', my ass...."

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/eXHdqulNiBs/maxresdefault.jpg

TimberBeast
01-11-2020, 03:34 PM
Dam. Things were quiet here on the coast. Just lots of rain. Line of Tshas went through here fast.

On the coast here too, didn?t even rain that much here, a little bit of thunder.

OLJWales
01-11-2020, 03:53 PM
sad that a few people lost their lives. Everyday is a blessing man.

If y'all just went thru something similar that we here in N. Texas went thru, expect the temps to plummet. I mean fast. We actually had light snow this morning.

I remember living in Memphis and a January tornado came thru and within 24 hours after the storm, we had over 5 inches of snow.

parabrave
01-11-2020, 04:02 PM
"'Old Man', my ass...."

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/eXHdqulNiBs/maxresdefault.jpg

You the Man

Dawg_Lover
01-11-2020, 04:29 PM
I am just east of Hernando, & had a tornado headed straight for me earlier. Thank the good Lord, I dodged a bullet. Don?t know yet if anyone hit in the area. No power. Hoping all stay safe.

Tornado damage in Desoto County. Hit Love Community area, off Hwy 51, just south of Hernando. Then it went over top of me, in the air, and hit Lewisburg & College Park/Bethel Rd areas south of Olive Branch, along Hwy 305. They?re saying 40 homes with heavy damage, and a few injuries. Some roads impassable due to downed trees. I?ve no power since wee hours and Entergy has no idea when will be restored. Cannot complain. I was spared, and thanking God.
Gotta get back off here to conserve cell batteries. Glad to read all on here safe.
Oh before forget, read about 30 train cars being blown off the tracks, in Tallahatchie County, near Sumner. Wow!

Dawg_Lover
01-11-2020, 04:38 PM
Thanks!

starkvegasdawg
01-11-2020, 04:39 PM
And to think I've been reading reports from people saying this system underperformed and busted. That's mainly some chasers that complain it wasn't a high end event dropping wedges all over the place. They forget all those tornadoes they're cheering for are taking peoples homes and lives. I admit I love the rush of the chase and seeing tornadoes, but I never forget what they're capable of. Why my first responsibility is to relay information.

Dawg_Lover
01-11-2020, 04:57 PM
And to think I've been reading reports from people saying this system underperformed and busted. That's mainly some chasers that complain it wasn't a high end event dropping wedges all over the place. They forget all those tornadoes they're cheering for are taking peoples homes and lives. I admit I love the rush of the chase and seeing tornadoes, but I never forget what they're capable of. Why my first responsibility is to relay information.

I am also hearing about damage in areas of Tunica, Sardis, and Marshall County. Not a lot of info on that, but do know a campground, at Sardis, was hit. Reports of campers, RVs, etc, being tossed around.

Liverpooldawg
01-11-2020, 06:36 PM

Exactly.

TimberBeast
01-11-2020, 08:46 PM
My brother is over in Georgia, he said they are getting hammered pretty good right now.

dawgday166
01-11-2020, 08:48 PM

I love underperforming storm systems.