PDA

View Full Version : RIP Neil Peart

BrunswickDawg
01-10-2020, 05:00 PM
Neil Peart dead at 67 - brain cancer.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/neil-peart-obit-1.5422806

This is a big loss for me. I can tell you exactly where I was and who I was with the first time I heard a Rush song - and they are hands down my favorite band of all time.

OLJWales
01-10-2020, 08:52 PM
Neil Peart dead at 67 - brain cancer.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/neil-peart-obit-1.5422806

This is a big loss for me. I can tell you exactly where I was and who I was with the first time I heard a Rush song - and they are hands down my favorite band of all time.

Damn. Just Damn. seems about a year ago I was in Best Buy watching those guys perform live on a big ass T.V.

Peart was unique and his solos were epic. I'm 57 and I remember when that "2012" album came out. stayed on my turn table for a while.

Peart was also a political conservative who contributed a lot of lyrics to Rush. he was a Big fan of Ayn Rand and if you wanna great example, listen with the lyrics of "Trees".

"Spirit of Radio" was one of my favorites from them that addresses the unfairness of the music business.

"Temples of Syrinks" , "In the Mood" , and Neil's epic solo on "Working Man"

Liverpooldawg
01-13-2020, 10:14 AM
One of my favorite bands.

iPat09
01-16-2020, 04:04 PM
I had already been listening to 2112 and Moving Pictures essentially on repeat for the last few weeks. And then this happens. I will forever regret not having a chance to see them live.

OLJWales
01-16-2020, 07:14 PM
I had already been listening to 2112 and Moving Pictures essentially on repeat for the last few weeks. And then this happens. I will forever regret not having a chance to see them live.

I know I saw them at least once. I know it kicked ass and that's about all I know. Found out on the radio today that his last name is pronounced "Peert" and not "purt" FYI

the aerial view of his drum set was epic. dude had lots of fun toys. One of if not the GOAT.