PDA

View Full Version : Did Leach turn Arkansas down?

Jack Lambert
01-10-2020, 04:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOEFasEAd8Q

TrapGame
01-10-2020, 04:33 PM
I believe he turned down Tennessee 2 yrs ago.

dawgday166
01-10-2020, 04:34 PM
I believe he turned down Tennessee 2 yrs ago.

Tennessee AD was gonna hire him but then Fulmer got AD ousted and got himself installed as AD. Then he hired Pruitt.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-10-2020, 04:35 PM
Not a good cut to Tucker Day laughing :49 ...he wasnt saying anything funny.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 04:37 PM

Really dude? Leach is a funny guy. I'm sure these kids are tickled to be coached by him.

Some of you think the discipline has gotten so out of control that we've got to put the team in time out & tell them to sit down & STFU.

Relax

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 04:37 PM
Shirly Arkansas didn't hire Sam Pittman over Leach.

If they did, they are complete & utter dumbasses

smootness
01-10-2020, 04:40 PM
Really dude? Leach is a funny guy. I'm sure these kids are tickled to be coached by him.

Some of you think the discipline has gotten so out of control that we've got to put the team in time out & tell them to sit down & STFU.

Relax

I think he just meant it wasn't a great job by the guy doing the video editing. Clearly wasn't an actual reaction to what was being said at that moment in the video.

OLJWales
01-10-2020, 04:40 PM
I think the tn ad wanted Leach and Leach wanted them. Cost that ad his job, tn cigar boys wanted none of Leach.

Really Clark?
01-10-2020, 04:45 PM
I think the tn ad wanted Leach and Leach wanted them. Cost that ad his job, tn fat boy Phil wanted none of Leach.

FIFY

TrapGame
01-10-2020, 04:48 PM
He would have killed it at Tennessee.

Thank you football gods!

OLJWales
01-10-2020, 04:50 PM
FIFY

Interesting. Fat phil over road the cigar boys? What was phat Phil's role/position back then?

Really Clark?
01-10-2020, 04:52 PM
Interesting. Fat phil over road the cigar boys? What was phat Phil's role/position back then?

Phil was the one who worked to get the AD fired and of course had enough backing to make it happen but he stabbed Currie in the back to help himself get it while supposedly helping Currie with the search.

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 04:55 PM
Phil was the one who worked to get the AD fired and of course had enough backing to make it happen but he stabbed Currie in the back to help himself get it while supposedly helping Currie with the search.

This. It's fat phils MO. He's not a very good human being. If Johnny Majors don't like you then you ain't likable.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-10-2020, 04:56 PM

Relax

Geezus Nancy, sounds like I am not the one who needs to relax? You on edge about something?

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 05:00 PM
Geezus Nancy, sounds like I am not the one who needs to relax? You on edge about something?

Shotgun probably hasn't slept since last week lol. Just messing with you, Gun.

BrunswickDawg
01-10-2020, 05:18 PM
This. It's fat phils MO. He's not a very good human being. If Johnny Majors don't like you then you ain't likable.

Anyone who stabs Johnny Majors in the back like Phat Phil did is not likable either

Schultzy
01-10-2020, 05:20 PM
Was listening to Leach on an interview on radio about a year ago being asked about the Tennessee job; seems like he said he was heavily considering it but the administration was so screwed up there he decided to balk.

R2Dawg
01-10-2020, 09:39 PM
Was listening to Leach on an interview on radio about a year ago being asked about the Tennessee job; seems like he said he was heavily considering it but the administration was so screwed up there he decided to balk.

That is what I remember as well. He is a smart guy. He had knowledge of MSU from UK days, JWS and Polk. He knew what MSU is and what UT is. Smart man.

OLJWales
01-10-2020, 09:44 PM
That is what I remember as well. He is a smart guy. He had knowledge of MSU from UK days, JWS and Polk. He knew what MSU is and what UT is. Smart man.

He wanted the team with the shittyiest visitor's dressing room .

But I'm convinced he took this job because he knows he's gotta nuff talent withing driving distance now to make his dream come true.

WPS
01-10-2020, 11:42 PM
Rumors around here at the time were that we reached out to him but he wanted too much money.

Plus I’m not sure his personality would get along with our BOT for political reasons. And there were questions about him being able to assemble an SEC quality staff which he could still do who knows but with Pittman’s 30+ years of experience at several different SEC stops we knew that he could.

Todd4State
01-11-2020, 12:15 AM
Rumors around here at the time were that we reached out to him but he wanted too much money.

Plus I’m not sure his personality would get along with our BOT for political reasons. And there were questions about him being able to assemble an SEC quality staff which he could still do who knows but with Pittman’s 30+ years of experience at several different SEC stops we knew that he could.

I can't see Leach and Jerry Jones getting along. I'm not 100% sure how much influence Jones has now though since Morris was a complete disaster.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2020, 01:50 AM
Anyone who stabs Johnny Majors in the back like Phat Phil did is not likable either

Yeah he screwed Johnny and I got zero respect for fat phil

Ari Gold
01-11-2020, 08:19 AM
He turned down Oxford every year since freeze was terminated..
and oh boy did and have they wanted him...

hobiedawg
01-11-2020, 08:33 AM
and oh boy did and have wanted him...

Ha! Leach and hypocrisy mix about as well as oil and water, and Ole Miss is pure hypocrisy.

Nutriaitch
01-11-2020, 09:52 AM

Plus I?m not sure his personality would get along with our BOT for political reasons. And there were questions about him being able to assemble an SEC quality staff which he could still do who knows but with Pittman?s 30+ years of experience at several different SEC stops we knew that he could.

how many staffs (of any quality) has Pittman ever assembled in those 30+ years?

Spiderman
01-11-2020, 10:23 AM

That was an edit.

Spiderman
01-11-2020, 10:27 AM
Ha! Leach and hypocrisy mix about as well as oil and water, and Ole Miss is pure hypocrisy.

The only dig that he MIGHT have took at OM was in his answer of why State. He seemed to say because it was a good fit for his mentality, and it wasn't folks "walking around in leisure suits" and trying to be something other than what they were, or something to that effect. I'll have to go back and watch it again.

I know he said folks in leisure suits.

Coursesuper
01-11-2020, 10:37 AM
Yeah he screwed Johnny and I got zero respect for fat phil

You should have heard the story on that from the coach, not very many kind words for Phil.

Coursesuper
01-11-2020, 10:39 AM
The only dig that he MIGHT have took at OM was in his answer of why State. He seemed to say because it was a good fit for his mentality, and it wasn't folks "walking around in leisure suits" and trying to be something other than what they were, or something to that effect. I'll have to go back and watch it again.

I know he said folks in leisure suits.

Linen Siuts when they are relaxing or there about.

defiantdog
01-11-2020, 10:45 AM
One of Leach's attractions to State was that our boosters don't expect a phone call from the coach before every game. I still dont know how Saban does it..... He has boosters call him all the time.

Coursesuper
01-11-2020, 10:49 AM
One of Leach's attractions to State was that our boosters don't expect a phone call from the coach before every game. I still dont know how Saban does it..... He has boosters call him all the time.

They have one family that could buy our entire monied booster base over x 3.

MarketingBully
01-11-2020, 10:57 AM
That 60+ we will put up on Arkansas this year will be fun. Pittman is 7 out of 7 in the SEC West. Arkansas is going to become the Vandy of the West in football.

turkish
01-11-2020, 12:00 PM
They have one family that could buy our entire monied booster base over x 3.
Wow. Who?

Jack Lambert
01-11-2020, 12:08 PM
Wow. Who?

Jerry Jones, Tyson, Waltons probably.

Nutriaitch
01-11-2020, 12:23 PM
That 60+ we will put up on Arkansas this year will be fun. Pittman is 7 out of 7 in the SEC West. Arkansas is going to become the Vandy of the West in football.

that’s an improvement over what they are now.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2020, 02:41 PM

This! They've wanted leach so bad for so long and now we have him and they can't stand it! Leach is not an elitist snob and he would've fit there like oil and water. We are his type people. For as educated as leach is he's an Everyman. He's one of us really.

Coursesuper
01-11-2020, 02:59 PM
Wow. Who?

The Drummonds. Drummond Coal and Oil.

Pennywise
01-11-2020, 03:12 PM

But But NotAFan said that he wanted the Arkansas job a few weeks ago and wanted the Ole Miss job when Freeze was fired.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3orieTLuLv7piizGs8/giphy.gif

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2020, 04:08 PM

Relax

It has gotten out of control. Like I said, if this board knew what they had been getting away with there would be no Moorhead supporters

msbulldog
01-11-2020, 07:25 PM

Also the Reynolds, like Reynold Wrap.

Coursesuper
01-11-2020, 07:28 PM

I'm talking about Alabama not Arkansas.