PDA

View Full Version : Johnson to Mizzu

parabrave
01-10-2020, 03:47 PM
Marcus Johnson to Mizzou per Thamels. Whats your thoughts?

Really Clark?
01-10-2020, 03:51 PM
Good move for him and he had been working on a landing spot. Leach has already told our coaches that he is bringing his own guys in and nobody will be automatically retained, right now. Hughes has the best shot of staying though

Irondawg
01-10-2020, 03:51 PM
that was quick is my first though. Maybe Leach had already told certain guys they would not be retained.

Seemed to be a good recruiter, tough to say if some of the OL issues were him or Joe's scheme.

Spiderman
01-10-2020, 03:53 PM
Marcus Johnson to Mizzou per Thamels. Whats your thoughts?

He wasn't gonna be retained. Leach will want a guy who has experience with his line sets. He is maybe the only guy coaching Oline that way.

I bet he bring in his own WR coaches. He usually has 2. And QB coach

Really Clark?
01-10-2020, 03:53 PM
that was quick is my first though. Maybe Leach had already told certain guys they would not be retained.

They all have been told that. But the door is open for Hughes, possibly. Possibly

Cowbell
01-10-2020, 03:55 PM
so no shoop?

Commercecomet24
They all have been told that. But the door is open for Hughes, possibly. Possibly

I really wish we could find a way to keep Hughes.

Really Clark?
so no shoop?

No Shoop

Really Clark?
01-10-2020, 03:57 PM
I really wish we could find a way to keep Hughes.

Yeah I hope so as well and this is just me saying this but I think it may be a situation where he will have his guys he needs/wants on offense but he is giving the DC a lot of say on that side and maybe that’s where it will get worked out on.

parabrave
01-10-2020, 03:58 PM
Dam glad he is bringing in his own Off Coaches. We haven't had a good WR coach since ?.

KB21
01-10-2020, 03:58 PM
Like Dave Bartoo said today, your offensive line coach doesn?t need to be a great recruiter, but he needs to have a great eye for talent and develop that talent. Marcus had a great reputation as a recruiter, but I felt the development of our linemen was lacking over the past two years.

MaroonFlounder
01-10-2020, 04:58 PM
If you look at games down the stretch, and especially the bowl game, the OL was struggling mightily.

OxfordDog
01-10-2020, 05:27 PM
He's GOTTA find a way to keep Hughes IMHO. Relationships, recruiting, he's impossible to replace.

dawgday166
01-10-2020, 05:29 PM
If you look at games down the stretch, and especially the bowl game, the OL was struggling mightily.

Our Oline sucked the whole time Joe was here. In 2018 it wasn't cause they were outta shape either.

KB21
01-10-2020, 05:49 PM
Our Oline sucked the whole time Joe was here. In 2018 it wasn't cause they were outta shape either.

It wasn’t a lack of talent either. It’s possible that 4 of those 5 starters from 2018 will be playing in the NFL next year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-10-2020, 07:12 PM
It was probably an overly complicated scheme. I dont blame Johnson one bit for the OL woes. We never had holding problems which is a sign of bad OL coaching.

I agree development wasnt there. Hopefully Dolla bill and Cross can reach their potential under the new coach

Coach34
01-10-2020, 08:05 PM
Marcus is a poor black kid from a small town in Mississippi that was gifted. Played college and NFL football, and ended up coaching kids at Duke. He wasnt the problem with relating to our OL- it was scheme. Maybe he needed to chew a little more ass- but he knew what he was doing and could relate to the guys

War Machine Dawg
01-11-2020, 02:20 AM
Good riddance. Never liked the idea of bringing in a Northern Miss guy and our OL regressed under him. He's probably a good coach and the issues were likely due to Jughead's scheme, but I was never impressed. Hopefully he can rebound at Mizzou.

3rdGen
01-11-2020, 08:10 AM
Good riddance. Never liked the idea of bringing in a Northern Miss guy and our OL regressed under him. He's probably a good coach and the issues were likely due to Jughead's scheme, but I was never impressed. Hopefully he can rebound at Mizzou.

Finally somebody said exactly what I thought when he was hired. Can people do a good job even if they are from NM... sure....just don’t care for them to do it here. Hope his career goes well in Missouri.....but he is still a shitshark......and I am sure leach has a replacement ready to go that will know more about his scheme.

MafiaDawg
01-11-2020, 08:55 AM
Anyone complicit in that soft, unorganized, pathetic offense can go as far as I am concerned.