PDA

View Full Version : $4.7 Mil for Assistants salary pool

Tbonewannabe
01-10-2020, 01:10 PM
Seems like that is close to the average especially since Leach is OC.

MaroonFlounder
01-10-2020, 01:13 PM
$2 Mil of that should be offered to T. Grantham

smootness
01-10-2020, 01:16 PM
Yeah, no OC helps that significantly. It basically means the pool is closer to if another school had $5.7 million available.

Homedawg
01-10-2020, 01:17 PM
$2 Mil of that should be offered to T. Grantham

You really think he's gonna be a dc at a place that has turned him down to be head coach twice?? Smdh. My gosh.

bostondawg
01-10-2020, 01:32 PM
How does 4.7 mil compare to the rest of the SEC?

DEDawg
01-10-2020, 01:35 PM

Not very good. A&M and Bama are 7mil + even ole miss is at 5.5mil. I get Leach is gonna be the OC so that helps but this isn't nearly as close as what I was hoping for. Arkansas is 4.9 according to that article so it still puts us last in the SECw

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

smootness
01-10-2020, 01:35 PM

It's definitely near the bottom. But if you add in the $1 million + that we save by not having to hire an OC or QB coach and it moves up that list.

smootness
01-10-2020, 01:36 PM
Not very good. A&M and Bama are 7mil + even ole miss is at 5.5mil. I get Leach is gonna be the OC so that helps but this isn't nearly as close as what I was hoping for.

We had to pay more to get Leach, so there's not quite as much for assistants.

But it's plenty. Take away the need for an OC, and we're basically paying what OM is.

Coursesuper
01-10-2020, 01:54 PM
Probably wont have S&C staff in that number either.

yjnkdawg
01-10-2020, 03:08 PM
Not very good. A&M and Bama are 7mil + even ole miss is at 5.5mil. I get Leach is gonna be the OC so that helps but this isn't nearly as close as what I was hoping for. Arkansas is 4.9 according to that article so it still puts us last in the SECw

If Leach couldn't get the money to hire the people that he wants and needs to hire, then he would probably still be back at WSU and we would still be in a coaching search. He loved it at WSU, and he had said only if the right opportunity and the money was there would he consider another job.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-10-2020, 03:12 PM
Assuming that's not including S&C staff it should be fine. I was hoping for 5M but 300k over 10 assistants isnt that much less.

If we keep shoop I imagine we will be able to pay normal SEC rates for the other 9 assistants

Really Clark?
01-10-2020, 03:14 PM
Assuming that's not including S&C staff it should be fine. I was hoping for 5M but 300k over 10 assistants isnt that much less.

If we keep shoop I imagine we will be able to pay normal SEC rates for the other 9 assistants

That number is strictly for the 10 on the field assistants

DLGDawg
01-10-2020, 03:23 PM

If you throw in 1.3m for an OC that we don't have to have....that's 6m. That's pretty dang good.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-10-2020, 03:26 PM
Yeah we effectively have more money than Arkansas kr OM is playing with due to the OC taking more than a normal assistant would

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 03:59 PM
That number is strictly for the 10 on the field assistants

Correct.

DEDawg
01-10-2020, 04:09 PM
If Leach couldn't get the money to hire the people that he wants and needs to hire, then he would probably still be back at WSU and we would still be in a coaching search. He loved it at WSU, and he had said only if the right opportunity and the money was there would he consider another job.

That's odd. Everything i've heard from WSU fans said he's been looking for the past 3 years

Coursesuper
01-10-2020, 04:18 PM
Correct.

Would you think that pretty much confirms that Feld will be coming on board? I seem to think it's leaning that way.

Tbonewannabe
01-10-2020, 04:25 PM
That's odd. Everything i've heard from WSU fans said he's been looking for the past 3 years

I think he was looking at the SEC the last few years. He was interested in the UT, Ark, and UM position also.

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 04:26 PM
Would you think that pretty much confirms that Feld will be coming on board? I seem to think it's leaning that way.

I think it's leaning toward Feld too. The way things have been going lately though I wouldn't guarantee anything lol. Leach is familiar with Feld though and he knows how good and well respected Feld is. Feld is extremely legit and I think Leach would welcome him.

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 04:27 PM
I think he was looking at the SEC the last few years. He was interested in the UT, Ark, and UM position also.

I think UT could've had him but Fat phil stepped in.

Really Clark?
01-10-2020, 04:29 PM

That’s right. Currie was in the process of doing just that when he was told to head back to Knoxville and was fired

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 04:30 PM
That’s right. Currie was in the process of doing just that when he was told to head back to Knoxville and was fired

Yep got interecepted. Of course Pruitt may work out well for them but fat boy makes ut look like fools most of the time.

Really Clark?
01-10-2020, 04:35 PM
Yep got interecepted. Of course Pruitt may work out well for them but fat boy makes ut look like fools most of the time.

His career has been built on backstabbing others to get ahead. Put him, Peterino and Feeze on the same staff...that would have been a bloody staff

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 04:37 PM
His career has been built on backstabbing others to get ahead. Put him, Peterino and Feeze on the same staff...that would have been a bloody staff

Yep absolutley zero respect for fat phil or the others you mentioned. Zero character and zero remorse for anything they've done. I don't know which of the 3 is the worst.

MaroonFlounder
01-10-2020, 08:19 PM
You really think he's gonna be a dc at a place that has turned him down to be head coach twice?? Smdh. My gosh.

Not far-fetched since his son is a Diamond Dawg.

Homedawg
01-10-2020, 08:49 PM
Not far-fetched since his son is a Diamond Dawg.

It's really far fetched....

OLJWales
01-10-2020, 09:09 PM

Phat Phil is really not a very nice guy it appears. What was that crap that sprung up between him and Bama regarding recruiting stuff? trying to remember.

I lived in Memphis 12 years during Phil's reign and I used to hear about some big time whoppers regarding their cheating back then.

Really Clark?
01-10-2020, 09:28 PM
Phat Phil is really not a very nice guy it appears. What was that crap that sprung up between him and Bama regarding recruiting stuff? trying to remember.

I lived in Memphis 12 years during Phil's reign and I used to hear about some big time whoppers regarding their cheating back then.

Your talking about the Albert Means saga

TUSK
01-10-2020, 10:51 PM
Your talking about the Albert Means saga

Yup.... Fulmer and UT were given "immunity" (for tryin' to buy Means) to "testify" vs Bammer (for successfully buyin' Means)... Recruitin' guru Tom Culpepper was a "secret witness", as well.... In addition to UT and Bammer; Arkie, UK and OM also had bids in for AM...

Johanningmeier had a smoooooth hard on to "bury Bama", and was pretty effective and justifiable...

Contrary to revisionist history, Kramer sided with UT and the NCAA.