PDA

View Full Version : Press Conference

BrunswickDawg
01-10-2020, 01:08 PM
Cohen shots fired - "We hired coach Leach because he is a disciplinarian."

BOOM!

smootness
01-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Name-dropped Sherrill and Polk. He's no dummy.

BrunswickDawg
01-10-2020, 01:17 PM
Shout out to Shelton - mentions Patriots and "this offense winning most of the Superbowls over the past 18 years"

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 01:25 PM
He's already on his first tangent. I'm going to love this guy

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 01:26 PM
I think this guy will be able to recruit.

He's way more personable & social that I expected

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 01:28 PM
Damn I love this guy.

He get's it & has done it.

I believe every word he is saying. His credibility is incredible

lefty96
01-10-2020, 01:31 PM
This is gold.

I live up in Arkansas and there's alot of jealousy in the office right now, let me tell you.

gtowndawg
01-10-2020, 01:31 PM
He just got asked about the guest locker room. I laughed out loud. He said it's gone now and that was sacred ground as far as he's concerned. Said it had "malicious intent" and he hates that it's gone.

gtowndawg
01-10-2020, 01:33 PM
He has a license to say whatever he feels like. Literally anything.

BrunswickDawg
01-10-2020, 01:34 PM
Assessment of bulldogs - "Their built for combat"

And a Lewis Grizzard reference with "that dog will bite youuuu" - love it

bluelightstar
01-10-2020, 01:34 PM
I appreciate his comment about the other coaches in this league. Always bothered me how the previous HC seemed too awed to be coaching against like Saban.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 01:35 PM

It's going to be fantastic

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 01:36 PM
I appreciate his comment about the other coaches in this league. Always bothered me how the previous HC seemed too awed to be coaching against like Saban.

If there is one thing we can absolute count on it's that Leach gives ZERO shits.

he's going to make Saban pull his hair out before this is over

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 01:38 PM
This guy ooozzzes confidence & his team will play the same.

He gives ZERO shits

dantheman4248
01-10-2020, 01:40 PM
LMAO at that dig at Kiffin. For one thing, this season will be entertaining. Regardless of outcome.

BrunswickDawg
01-10-2020, 01:45 PM
I can see this guy spending afternoons in the Lounge during baseball season - holding court like Jerry Clower would in the old prime RV spots where the Junction is now.

The more I see and read the more I like this hire.

smootness
01-10-2020, 01:45 PM
LMAO at that dig at Kiffin. For one thing, this season will be entertaining. Regardless of outcome.

What was the dig? I didn't catch it.

99jc
01-10-2020, 01:46 PM

This man has more character and football IQ in his left nut than Morehead ever had. He comes across as a joker but I can tell he is a very intelligent man. He mentioned Polk I know Ron and he is a bit eccentric and so is Leach....I love love love this hire Cohen is off the hot seat in my book. Hail damn State!

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 01:47 PM
Dude keeps talking about recruiting.

Sounds like he's committed to that to the enth degree.

If he's committed to recruiting, we're going to win big.

deadheaddawg
01-10-2020, 01:48 PM
I'm at work with spotty reception.....is there anywhere I can download the presser after it's over so I can watch offline?

smootness
I'm at work with spotty reception.....is there anywhere I can download the presser after it's over so I can watch offline?

I'm sure it will be plenty of places.

ShotgunDawg
I'm in.

Credibility, credibility, credibility.

He's ready & this is going to be fun

DEDawg
01-10-2020, 01:49 PM

i'm sure hailstate.com will post it

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 01:49 PM

Just search it on twitter

Matt3467
01-10-2020, 01:50 PM
where can I watch the press conference?

BeardoMSU
01-10-2020, 01:51 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/1215694321787142146

RocketDawg
01-10-2020, 01:52 PM
I think this guy will be able to recruit.

He's way more personable & social that I expected

I like his sense of humor. And he seems pretty down to earth.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 01:53 PM

He's going to be a celebrity jumping around to different high schools

Jack Lambert
01-10-2020, 01:54 PM

When he was asked about the current roster he said he felt like he was 10 when he shook hands.

RocketDawg
01-10-2020, 01:57 PM
This is gold.

I live up in Arkansas and there's alot of jealousy in the office right now, let me tell you.

Yeah, that's believable. I can't even remember who Arkansas hired. I suppose he'll become a household name eventually.

DLGDawg
01-10-2020, 01:57 PM
Assessment of bulldogs - "Their built for combat"

And a Lewis Grizzard reference with "that dog will bite youuuu" - love it

The joke he's referring to is(as I was told): Two old men were sitting on a park bench. A dog was sitting nearby and was licking his balz. One of the old men said, I wish I could do that! The other old man said "that dog will bite youuuu". LOL

I was very skeptical about this hire. I was skeptical because I didn't think he was the leader that we needed at this point in time. I admit gladly that I was wayyyyyy wrong. Coach Leach is an old school strong disciplinarian and old school values. That is exactly what we need right now. I also didn't know his thoughts on S & C. Well, that's at the very top of his plan.

I'll leave all the arguing about whether his offense will work here or if he'll adapt or not to the folks who know about those things.

BorneDawg
01-10-2020, 02:03 PM
The joke he's referring to is(as I was told): Two old men were sitting on a park bench. A dog was sitting nearby and was licking his balz. One of the old men said, I wish I could do that! The other old man said "that dog will bite youuuu". LOL

I was very skeptical about this hire. I was skeptical because I didn't think he was the leader that we needed at this point in time. I admit gladly that I was wayyyyyy wrong. Coach Leach is an old school strong disciplinarian and old school values. That is exactly what we need right now. I also didn't know his thoughts on S & C. Well, that's at the very top of his plan.

I'll leave all the arguing about whether his offense will work here or if he'll adapt or not to the folks who know about those things.

Jerry Clower tells a version about being at a Georgia football game

Ari Gold
01-10-2020, 02:07 PM
What other college football program has a coach of this caliber who is also more qualified than the active compliance guy...?

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 02:10 PM
What other college football program has a coach of this caliber who is also more qualified than the active compliance guy...?

Leach's first encounter with Bracky could be ughhhhhh .... interesting.

Leach may tell him to 17 off

gtowndawg
01-10-2020, 02:13 PM
Jerry Clower tells a version about being at a Georgia football game

It's not Jerry Clower it's some fake named Lewis Grizzard? Who was this guy? How dare he try and sound like the great Jerry Clower. If he was alive today I'd punch him right in the mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooJvKARiums

yjnkdawg
01-10-2020, 02:14 PM
I liked his answer to the question about our rivalry with OM. When he said he knew Kiffin, but he also knew Saban, Jimbo, and others, and that in the next few years he wanted those other teams to consider us as their rivals. His goal is not to just beat Kiffin and OM and call it a day. He wants to go after the Bama's and LSU's. :)

BrunswickDawg
01-10-2020, 02:17 PM
It's not Jerry Clower it's some fake named Lewis Grizzard? Who was this guy? How dare he try and sound like the great Jerry Clower. If he was alive today I'd punch him right in the mouth.

How do not know who Lewis Grizzard was?

Captain Falcon
01-10-2020, 02:34 PM
My favorite line:

“If you want guys to go to class, you have to make not going to class inconvenient.”

deadheaddawg
01-10-2020, 02:40 PM
I'm sure it will be plenty of places.

i'm sure hailstate.com will post it

Just search it on twitter

Can you download and watch offline from there? All I am seeing is streaming (I can't stream because I have no cell signal in my office. I need to go outside, download the video to my phone, so I can watch it).

I guess I can wait till I get home, but damnit I'm excited

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 02:42 PM
How do not know who Lewis Grizzard was?

Yeah I love me some Lewis Grizzard, one of the best ever!

deadheaddawg
01-10-2020, 02:44 PM

lol

Lewis Gizzard is a southern treasure. He's amazing.

I am shocked someone from the south isn't familiar with him

LC Dawg
01-10-2020, 02:44 PM

What!!?? Lewis Grizzard was a damn southern treasure.

NCDawg
01-10-2020, 02:46 PM
He wanted a change because we'll all be dead in 100 years anyway.

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 02:47 PM
Lewis and Jerry the iconic Southern comedians!

TrapGame
01-10-2020, 02:50 PM
lol

I remember when LG was the goofy older brother to the Sugarbaker sisters on Designing Women. Those couple of episodes were hilarious.

BrunswickDawg
01-10-2020, 02:53 PM
Lewis and Jerry the iconic Southern comedians!

"The only way that I could figure they could improve upon Coca-Cola, one of life's most delightful elixirs, which studies prove will heal the sick and occasionally raise the dead, is to put bourbon in it."

OLJWales
01-10-2020, 02:54 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/1215694321787142146

Is anybody having trouble with the Twitter link? Keeps konking out on me. Too much traffic maybe?

gravedigger
01-10-2020, 03:06 PM

Well....he knows his limits too. He held off on the Lewis Grizzard joke with the punchline of "That dog will bite you".

I think he gets aggressive in post game interviews when he has stuff on his mind and it's a bit more informal. I think he is down to earth.

Just speculating, but I get the sense he plays who gives the effort regardless of reputation, stars or whatever. I imagine if some kid from the farm came out and 'hit and ran' harder than his 5 star counterpart, and got the job done, he wouldnt hesitate to bench the primadona.

gtowndawg
01-10-2020, 03:09 PM
Yeah I love me some Lewis Grizzard, one of the best ever!

In all honesty, I've never heard of him. Who was first, he or Jerry Clower? Because somebody was ripping off another somebody. I would have called an IP attorney!

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 03:10 PM
"The only way that I could figure they could improve upon Coca-Cola, one of life's most delightful elixirs, which studies prove will heal the sick and occasionally raise the dead, is to put bourbon in it."

Awesome! Great Stuff!

Remember this one:

"Dang brother I don't believe I'd told that!"

or

"Hopalong Goldstein at your service!"

gtowndawg
01-10-2020, 03:12 PM
lol

Gosh, sorry guys, I had no idea. Lewis obviously didn't hit the church circuit like Jerry Clower.

Spiderman
01-10-2020, 03:17 PM

You never heard of Lewis Grizzard???

gtowndawg
01-10-2020, 03:20 PM
You never heard of Lewis Grizzard???

I consider myself well versed and well read. I've seen alot and done alot. But somehow, someway, I've never heard of this man in my life.

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 03:25 PM
I consider myself well versed and well read. I've seen alot and done alot. But somehow, someway, I've never heard of this man in my life.

Gtown you must be one of our younger Dawgs.

gtowndawg
01-10-2020, 03:31 PM
Gtown you must be one of our younger Dawgs.

Without doxxing myself, I'm 44. Not that young!

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 03:35 PM

Lol don't worry I'm an anti-doxxer! You're semi young, I'm 55.

BrunswickDawg
01-10-2020, 03:37 PM

Do yourself a favor and read "They tore my heart out and stomped that sucker flat" or "shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland ponies", or any of his books really.

Grizzard was a writer for the AJC and was very in the mode of Mark Twain. He was basically UGA's Clower, but a little younger.

BrunswickDawg
01-10-2020, 03:38 PM

I'm 46 - but grew up in GA reading his AJC articles every week.

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 03:38 PM
Do yourself a favor and read "They tore my heart out and stomped that sucker flat" or "shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland ponies", or any of his books really.

Grizzard was a writer for the AJC and was very in the mode of Mark Twain. He was basically UGA's Clower, but a little younger.

Those are great reads.

ETA Jeff Foxworthy's idol

gtowndawg
01-10-2020, 03:46 PM

I will do that. Good suggestion.

Spiderman
01-10-2020, 03:49 PM

He was a newspaper columnist in Atlanta. He wrote a ton of books. Put out a couple of tapes. I saw him live at Lee Hall at State when I was there. He died young of heart problems

Treemydawg
01-10-2020, 06:54 PM
Awesome! Great Stuff!

Remember this one:

"Dang brother I don't believe I'd told that!"

or

"Hopalong Goldstein at your service!"
Hopalong Ginsburg