PDA

View Full Version : Boy, it sure is taking Bert and Rouge

PMDawg
01-10-2020, 12:32 PM
A loooooong time to make up, er tell, the stories they just couldn't wait to share. Lol

defiantdog
01-10-2020, 12:47 PM
rouge will end up telling his story..... not sure about Bert

Bert Stare
01-10-2020, 12:53 PM
I have decided it is best to let sleeping dogs lay. I am happy with the hire, and it is great to see the fanbase united again.

Dawgology
01-10-2020, 12:56 PM
I think your coach overvalued himself Bert. Hope South Carolina works out for him.

PMDawg
01-10-2020, 12:58 PM
I have decided it is best to let sleeping dogs lay. I am happy with the hire, and it is great to see the fanbase united again.

LOL

dantheman4248
01-10-2020, 01:00 PM

Well... Bye

Tbonewannabe
01-10-2020, 01:05 PM
I think your coach overvalued himself Bert. Hope South Carolina works out for him.

My opinion with no insider knowledge, I think he viewed MSU as a stepping stone and wanted the ability to jump to SCe or a blue blood within a couple of years. Leach is more of a long term hire so maybe Cohen decided it was better for MSU in the long term. Leach genuinely wanted to be here whereas Napier would be here for the money and try to spin it into another job.

deadheaddawg
01-10-2020, 01:07 PM
LOLz

DLGDawg
01-10-2020, 01:08 PM

IMO you owe us at least a short version of what this was all about.
SMH...no one wants accountability these days.

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 01:20 PM
My opinion with no insider knowledge, I think he viewed MSU as a stepping stone and wanted the ability to jump to SCe or a blue blood within a couple of years. Leach is more of a long term hire so maybe Cohen decided it was better for MSU in the long term. Leach genuinely wanted to be here whereas Napier would be here for the money and try to spin it into another job.

I think that's a very good assessment.

Gutter Cobreh
01-10-2020, 01:26 PM

If Bert chooses to let it lay, then I'm good with that as he provided entertainment and diversion.

What I'm truly interested in reading is Rouge's version of why he calls Napier an "odd duck". Leach is entertaining and odd, all wrapped up into one so what did Napier present to be more odd than Leach.

I'm pumped about the hire! I think Leach is a perfect fit for Starkville and vice versa. Outstanding job by our folks, aka Cohen, to get him leading our program!

PGHBulldogBG
01-10-2020, 01:31 PM
Napier was never that appealing to me. I would’ve been fine with the hire, but I like Hud and Clawson more. Napier wasn’t even the best coach in the sun belt last year. Drinkwitz was and Missouri got him

Tbonewannabe
01-10-2020, 01:35 PM
If Bert chooses to let it lay, then I'm good with that as he provided entertainment and diversion.

What I'm truly interested in reading is Rouge's version of why he calls Napier an "odd duck". Leach is entertaining and odd, all wrapped up into one so what did Napier present to be more odd than Leach.

I'm pumped about the hire! I think Leach is a perfect fit for Starkville and vice versa. Outstanding job by our folks, aka Cohen, to get him leading our program!

My dad worked as a recruiter for Engineers for a short time. He was telling me about this guy he placed that kept asking for more demands. The company kept meeting his demands until he finally wanted to start work at 9 am even though they had a 8 am mandatory meeting every day. They had literally gave him all the additional salary, vacation, and fully paid health benefits. The company finally came back to my dad and just said, the guy obviously just doesn't want to work for us.

I wonder if Napier had the similar issues. He really didn't want to take the job but kind of hated to miss the opportunity. At the end of the day, staying at ULL is a gamble but he is more comfortable with the gamble than getting locked in at MSU for 3-4 years.

DeltaChicagoDog
01-10-2020, 01:45 PM
Napier is 40 and has limited experience as a D1 HC. It's possible he still as a lot to learn about how the "game" is played off the field.

Duckdog
01-10-2020, 01:47 PM

Bert that's a bunch of bullcrap! You lead us on and on we believed in you and that's what you drop on us???? BOOOOOOOOO THIS MUPPET

Commercecomet24
01-10-2020, 01:55 PM
My dad worked as a recruiter for Engineers for a short time. He was telling me about this guy he placed that kept asking for more demands. The company kept meeting his demands until he finally wanted to start work at 9 am even though they had a 8 am mandatory meeting every day. They had literally gave him all the additional salary, vacation, and fully paid health benefits. The company finally came back to my dad and just said, the guy obviously just doesn't want to work for us.

I wonder if Napier had the similar issues. He really didn't want to take the job but kind of hated to miss the opportunity. At the end of the day, staying at ULL is a gamble but he is more comfortable with the gamble than getting locked in at MSU for 3-4 years.

I had a guy I tried to hire years ago who was just like that. Kept asking for more and more concessions and I finally just told him he needed to explore his other options.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-10-2020, 01:57 PM
I hope South Carolina works out for him.

I don’t.

msu15
01-10-2020, 01:58 PM
If our mods had any balls this would be a permanent ban on the spot.

JoseBrown
01-10-2020, 02:14 PM

You just described Dan Mullen, and everyone knew he didn't want to be here early in his tenure. The money and lack of better offers is what we have to thank for keeping him 9 years. I'm glad Cohen didn't go the cheap route again this time. I was hoping to get Napier for a few years, but Cohen did the right thing for us and I'm very excited... Cohen is off the hot seat for me, and I applaud his hire!!

chef dixon
01-10-2020, 03:18 PM
Very clear to me that Napier didn't really want to be here and was thinking 5 years ahead. Judge would have probably always had an itch for being an NFL head coach, especially if he did well here. HUD was honestly looking like the best fit for us. But the way Leach came out of left field and his comments so far sound like he really is excited to try and make some noise here.

PMDawg
01-10-2020, 03:35 PM
I'm baffled over the Hud love. I have never heard his name related to a P5 job outside of our fans. There's a reason for that.

Tbonewannabe
01-10-2020, 03:37 PM
I'm baffled over the Hud love. I have never heard his name related to a P5 job outside of our fans. There's a reason for that.

He is going to have to work his way back up after how his ULL tenure ended. He very well could be a good coach for us a few years down the line. He has done well everywhere he has been outside of his last few seasons at ULL.