PDA

View Full Version : Air raid with running qb

Cowbell
01-10-2020, 12:28 PM
I'm no DC, but it would scare me to face an air raid with a running qb. That's basically what A&M was with Manziel. Teams will have to spy him and can't drop as many into coverage or rush as many. You need a qb that is comfortable throwing on the run and it is almost unstoppable. Watch some of leeches teams where the qb doesn't leave the pocket and you will see tons of space to run outside the pocket with a mobile qb.

Cowbell
01-10-2020, 12:29 PM
C34 I have same concerns as you but I think this can work with decent receivers. Your opinion?

parabrave
01-10-2020, 12:36 PM
One thing that most everyone is missing about Leach is his ability to TEACH the players. Moorheads biggest fault was not being able to communicate what he wanted to do from a PHD level to an 8th grade level. The kids didn't understand what to do and how to carry out their responsibilities. Leach can communicate to the kids without "talking over their heads". Leach can make the lights go on in their heads.

BrunswickDawg
01-10-2020, 12:51 PM
If you can find any clips on the internet - look up Valdosta State's football highlights over the past few years. Their QB this year - Rogan Wells - had 700 yards rushing, 2600 yards passing, to go with 900 yard and 700 yard RB. The back up QB had another 300 yards rushing.
Their HC Gary Goff was QB for VSU under Leach. I went to a couple of games there this year and it is an exciting brand of football. He is not quite as wide open as Leach, and it's DII, but you can see some possibilities. Their defense was pretty stout too.

Leroy Jenkins
01-10-2020, 02:01 PM
We may end up looking a lot like OU did with Hurts.