https://youtu.be/gC4sAMbUuYQ

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 12:31 PM
Good stuff.

Spiderman
01-10-2020, 03:29 PM
This was interesting....

https://youtu.be/gC4sAMbUuYQ

Leach is about the only guy still running mesh. Most coaches say they can't run it. Leach at times has called it 20 or more times a game.

If you want to learn the concepts, Coach Mckie's Youtube channel that you linked is all you need.

Mesh

4 verticals or "6'

Y- Cross, Sail, Stick, and Corner

Shallow Cross

Curl/Wheel

Smash

Then inside zone and a few screens and you have the whole offense pretty much

Tbonewannabe
01-10-2020, 03:33 PM
Interesting how much of Leach's passing game is employed in the NFL. Brady has 6 Superbowls off of Leach's Air Raid play design.

Spiderman
01-10-2020, 03:51 PM
Interesting how much of Leach's passing game is employed in the NFL. Brady has 6 Superbowls off of Leach's Air Raid play design.

Yep, Gronk became Gronk because of Y-cross and the option routes off it

Johnson85
01-10-2020, 04:19 PM
Leach is about the only guy still running mesh. Most coaches say they can't run it. Leach at times has called it 20 or more times a game.

If you want to learn the concepts, Coach Mckie's Youtube channel that you linked is all you need.

Mesh

4 verticals or "6'

Y- Cross, Sail, Stick, and Corner

Shallow Cross

Curl/Wheel

Smash

Then inside zone and a few screens and you have the whole offense pretty much

Say they can't run it why? B/c they can't execute it? Because defenses know how to stop it?

Spiderman
01-10-2020, 07:50 PM
Say they can't run it why? B/c they can't execute it? Because defenses know how to stop it?

Sonny Dykes says because they won't commit the time to practice it. Leach does. Again, it's his philosophy to practice a few plays over and over and over. As I said the other day, he told me at a clinic... "If you practice a lot of plays you aren't practicing a lot."

The above named plays in my earlier post in this thread are about it. It's just what he does.

Like Mckie says in that video on mesh, it's the Bruce Lee maxim, "Don't fear the man who practices a thousand kicks, fear the man that practices one kick a thousand times."

cujo
01-10-2020, 09:37 PM
Sonny Dykes says because they won't commit the time to practice it. Leach does. Again, it's his philosophy to practice a few plays over and over and over. As I said the other day, he told me at a clinic... "If you practice a lot of plays you aren't practicing a lot."

The above named plays in my earlier post in this thread are about it. It's just what he does.

Like Mckie says in that video on mesh, it's the Bruce Lee maxim, "Don't fear the man who practices a thousand kicks, fear the man that practices one kick a thousand times."

Yes it?s about Mumme, but Leach is all through it. Leach was Mumme?s offensive line coach on his first staff at Iowa Wesleyan. Fascinating stuff.
I could go on and on but I won?t. Read the book. I?m reading it for the third time.
We got a damn genius.