PDA

View Full Version : Example of Leach's offense making an adjustment

bullygrowl
01-10-2020, 12:17 PM
Oregon had gotten familiar with WSU's offense and thought they had the formula to stop it. Minor halftime adjustment and you see what happened. Also, I saw some posts about SEC defense speed, notice in this video that even on the deep throws the ball is out quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqAYDrn0tyY&feature=youtu.be

Cowbell
01-10-2020, 12:23 PM
If a team drops 8 into coverage against a qb with wheels, it will be game over. We can walk down the field until they adjust.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-10-2020, 12:27 PM
Sjrader may not be a great passer but his ability to gain yards in space when the play breaks down will help the O move the chains till things start to click

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 12:35 PM
My guess is that after 18 years as a head coach, Leach has seen every possible schematic adjustment to stop his offense & he has an adjustment to counter every one of them.

What he hasn't seen is a bunch of 5 star CBs that can cover 1 on 1. Our routes will have to be precise to make this work.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-10-2020, 02:17 PM
My guess is that after 18 years as a head coach, Leach has seen every possible schematic adjustment to stop his offense & he has an adjustment to counter every one of them.

What he hasn't seen is a bunch of 5 star CBs that can cover 1 on 1. Our routes will have to be precise to make this work.

Oh I dont think this O will work at all vs LSU or Bama. Bit I dont think any O here would unless we got better talent in.

I think Leaches O should work just as good as any vs the teams we have a shot at beating to begin with

BrunswickDawg
01-10-2020, 02:21 PM
Oh I dont think this O will work at all vs LSU or Bama. Bit I dont think any O here would unless we got better talent in.

I think Leaches O should work just as good as any vs the teams we have a shot at beating to begin with

Why not? It's not too far off from what Freeze was running - and he was able to beat Bama and LSU. And Leach is a helluva lot better coach then Freeze.

bulldawg28
01-10-2020, 04:57 PM

Yes it will. LSU DB's and Alabama if you notice are great at stopping long passes outside the hashes. This short clip showed crossing routes with picks in it. That's almost impossible to stop. Deion Sanders couldn't/wouldn't consistently stop it. The WR has too many advantages by eliminating the angles that DB's are taught to use.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-10-2020, 07:44 PM
Yes it will. LSU DB's and Alabama if you notice are great at stopping long passes outside the hashes. This short clip showed crossing routes with picks in it. That's almost impossible to stop. Deion Sanders couldn't/wouldn't consistently stop it. The WR has too many advantages by eliminating the angles that DB's are taught to use.

No offense is "virtually impossible to stop", else everyone would run it. Leach doesnt lead the country in scoring every year you know

T13
01-14-2020, 09:58 PM

Leach doesn?t ask for precise routes.....tells receivers to keep running if someone is close to you....if no one near you stop!

msstate7
01-14-2020, 10:02 PM
Why not? It's not too far off from what Freeze was running - and he was able to beat Bama and LSU. And Leach is a helluva lot better coach then Freeze.

Freeze had some really good WRs and the ultimate weapon, engram. If we get skill guys like they had, of course this offense will produce against the best

DownwardDawg
01-14-2020, 10:16 PM
The SEC has stopped playing defense. This offense will be great here. I wouldn?t have said that until the last couple of years.

defiantdog
01-14-2020, 10:16 PM
Freeze had some really good WRs and the ultimate weapon, engram. If we get skill guys like they had, of course this offense will produce against the best

Exactly..... majority of those receivers are playing Sundays. We haven't had a receiver play on sundays since..... yeah...... Fred Brown I guess.

Dawgcap
01-14-2020, 10:20 PM
I loved what I read about him coaching receivers to learn how to catch. He wants speed and good hands. From what I?ve seen and heard he develops hands and trust who he plays. If they don?t catch they ain?t playing

Spiderman
01-14-2020, 10:34 PM

Haha, Leach is the most far from "Precise routes" as a coach can get.

I saw a coach ask him this real technical question about hand and feet position, steps, and the cut.

Leach says. "I don't give a shit how get gets here, but he better be here when the QB throws it"

KB21
01-15-2020, 12:09 AM
Haha, Leach is the most far from "Precise routes" as a coach can get.

I saw a coach ask him this real technical question about hand and feet position, steps, and the cut.

Leach says. "I don't give a shit how get gets here, but he better be here when the QB throws it"

That’s one of the reason’s his QBs in particular haven’t advanced to the next level. Some of the Air Raid iterations have started producing NFL quarterbacks, but outside of Gardner Minshew and Luke Falk for a cup of coffee, Mike’s QBs haven’t punched through. A lot of this has to do with how easy he makes things for them as far as their reads go.

Dawgfan77
01-15-2020, 06:30 AM
That’s one of the reason’s his QBs in particular haven’t advanced to the next level. Some of the Air Raid iterations have started producing NFL quarterbacks, but outside of Gardner Minshew and Luke Falk for a cup of coffee, Mike’s QBs haven’t punched through. A lot of this has to do with how easy he makes things for them as far as their reads go.

Do you watch the NFL?
QBs in the NFL with Air Raid background
Mahomes
Minshew
Murry
Goff
Watson
Mayfield
Griffin III
Keenum
These are just a few and all come from Leach or his coaching tree

missouridawg
01-15-2020, 06:45 AM
Does it terrify y’all that we are going to have to put a minimum of 4 of OUR WR on the field at the same time?

Dawgfan77
01-15-2020, 07:12 AM
Here is my thing with our WR.. SloMo offense requires so much thinking about routes and positions that it?s almost impossible to think about these things and catch the ball. I refuse to believe that these guys won?t improve.

Spiderman
01-15-2020, 08:40 AM
Here is my thing with our WR.. SloMo offense requires so much thinking about routes and positions that it?s almost impossible to think about these things and catch the ball. I refuse to believe that these guys won?t improve.

They will, or they won't play. Either way, there will be better WR's on the field next year