PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Mike Leach Info From Cohen and Steve

TrapGame
01-10-2020, 09:23 AM
Yesterday Steve told Jake Wim we first talked to Leach this past Tuesday. It snowballed from there. He became THE guy in about 24 hours.

Today on OOB Cohen said he talked to Leach about adapting to his players. Leach told him if I have the players to pass a hundred times that's what I'll do but if my players are for a run first offense then we are running the ball first. Cohen said he is very adaptable to his situation.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 09:25 AM
The guy has won 139 games in his career. He knows what he's doing & obviously knows how to adjust.

You can't win that many games in power 5 football by being a one trick pony

Maroonthirteen
01-10-2020, 09:50 AM
We had T-shirts ready to go. Bo Bounds was stumping for Leach yesterday morning. Looks like the decision was made Wednesday for sure.

Anonymous
01-10-2020, 10:05 AM
Yep, Cohen and Crew never left Key West. Were there getting this done for 2 days.

Which obviously is why all our insiders were essentially radio silent from Tuesday on.

Coursesuper
01-10-2020, 10:18 AM
Yep, Cohen and Crew never left Key West. Were there getting this done for 2 days.

Which obviously is why all our insiders were essentially radio silent from Tuesday on.

Catch a sunset at the State Park or Mallory Square enjoy the Hogfish at Cafe Sole', chill a while also not bad.

Mjoelner34
01-10-2020, 10:37 AM
Catch a sunset at the State Park or Mallory Square enjoy the Hogfish at Cafe Sole', chill a while also not bad.

Or go enjoy an adult beverage at Captain Tony's where Leach has his own personalized bar stool.

Coursesuper
01-10-2020, 10:42 AM
Or go enjoy an adult beverage at Captain Tony's where Leach has his own personalized bar stool.

That he does, and its way better in there than Sloppy Joes. ETA, we traded Capt.Tony's for Sloppy Joes its a win win.

LibraryDawg
01-10-2020, 11:50 AM
I saw that Charlie Winfield was with them. Do we hire him/his firm out rather than using the University's legal council for contract negotiations/writing?

Homedawg
01-10-2020, 11:59 AM
I saw that Charlie Winfield was with them. Do we hire him/his firm out rather than using the University's legal council for contract negotiations/writing?

I think you answered your own question.

Johnson85
01-10-2020, 12:04 PM

We are not using in house counsel for a specialized contract like that. Need somebody that knows the market, or they will get worked by the agent that does.

LibraryDawg
01-10-2020, 12:08 PM
I think you answered your own question.

Not necessarily, it seems like a waste of resources when we have lawyers that are paid by the university for things such as that.

LibraryDawg
01-10-2020, 12:08 PM
We are not using in house counsel for a specialized contract like that. Need somebody that knows the market, or they will get worked by the agent that does.

Now, that makes sense. Thank you

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-10-2020, 12:46 PM

Under those circumstances, I would be taking my time too. Especially in January.