PDA

View Full Version : Props To John Cohen

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 09:11 AM
I know we give John a bunch of hell around here, some of it fair & some of it unfair, but the truth is that we just all want to win & we care. It's not personal, it's because we all want what is in the best interest of Mississippi State University.

That being said, the more I read about Leach & the more I get further away from his characterization, perception, & weirdness & actually focus on the type of coach he is, how he develops players, how he runs a program, & how he views a football team, I am convinced that John Cohen made the absolute best hire he possibly could have.

Traditionally, Mississippi State isn't supposed to be able to go steal a coach like this. It's just not something that we've ever been capable of.

So props to John Cohen for doing a hell of a job!

If you don't like this hire, that's fine, but I urge you to get away from what you think you know about him or if you think his press conferences are quirky & actually look at the substance. Look at the resume, look at the articles that talk about how he develops players, & look at how much he's won.

I don't know if this will work. The SEC West is an absolute Bear, but luck favors the bold & we went bold here. Exactly like we should have.