PDA

View Full Version : I don't think this....

CadaverDawg
01-09-2020, 11:32 PM
is going to turn out well.

But screw it, might as well be entertained. I'm in. Get a good DC, crack open a cold one, let's air raid.

https://media.giphy.com/media/AwJbkmzGmjdiE/giphy.gif

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 11:35 PM
At least we're trying. It may not work, but at least we are trying to win

Spiderman
01-09-2020, 11:40 PM
At least we're trying. It may not work, but at least we are trying to win

Yep, that's all we can ask.

TrapGame
01-09-2020, 11:47 PM
Okay, I'm gonna go bold here.

I think Mike Leach will become the best coach State has ever had. He will be transformational. Where Mullen could not take us Leach will.

If I'm wrong I'll own it. But I don't think I will be.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2020, 11:49 PM
I'm so torn about this. I really love Leach and his personality, I love watching his teams play and have watched them every time I could but I'm just skeptical it'll work for us . I'm like CD though I'm all in and I'm gonna enjoy listening to his interviews and hopefully lighting up scoreboards. I'm behind him and he's gonna be a lot more entertaining than JoMo and whatever offense that was he attempted to run here. Let's go Coach Leach, get it done!

DogsofAnarchy
01-09-2020, 11:50 PM
It’s gonna work better than Joe Mo and his traveling shit show!!

dawgday166
01-09-2020, 11:51 PM
Okay, I'm gonna go bold here.

I think Mike Leach will become the best coach State has ever had. He will be transformational. Where Mullen could not take us Leach will.

If I'm wrong I'll own it. But I don't think I will be.

I just dunno. But I'm leaning in this direction.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2020, 11:52 PM
It’s gonna work better than Joe Mo and his traveling shit show!!

Of all the crap slung on this board over the last week your statement is 100% truth!

Randolph Dupree
01-09-2020, 11:53 PM
I'm so torn about this. I really love Leach and his personality, I love watching his teams play and have watched them every time I could but I'm just skeptical it'll work for us . I'm like CD though I'm all in and I'm gonna enjoy listening to his interviews and hopefully lighting up scoreboards. I'm behind him and he's gonna be a lot more entertaining than JoMo and whatever offense that was he attempted to run here. Let's go Coach Leach, get it done!

I'm with you and CD. Honestly don't know what to think.

What the hell though, let's ride...err, let's sail.

KOdawg1
01-09-2020, 11:56 PM
I'm terrified.

dawgday166
01-10-2020, 12:06 AM
I'm terrified.

I sorta am too but ... in a good way. My terror may become real but ... hell it might not too.

HoopsDawg
01-10-2020, 12:09 AM
Let's hit that portal for some receivers.

DownwardDawg
01-10-2020, 12:10 AM

But screw it, might as well be entertained. I'm in. Get a good DC, crack open a cold one, let's air raid.

I was just about to PM you the same thing. I think you and I agree on most things. This hire scares me, but I’m all in. He reminds me of JWS with his attitude. Chip on shoulder type dude.

munk_munk92
01-10-2020, 12:10 AM
Well let's see, out of 18 years of head coaching he's been to 16 bowls. Won at schools that quite frankly has a worse history than us. He is taking over a good team and this will be his most talented team to ever work with. I think he's gonna make saban pull his hair out when things get settled in.

munk_munk92
01-10-2020, 12:12 AM
Oh and all this crap about the RB, look at his RB this year. Just as good if not better numbers than Kylin with 40 less touches. 1400 yards of offense with 16 td's. Sure they aren't all rushing yards but he knows how to get his players in space.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 12:13 AM
I'm terrified.

He's been to bowl games 16 of 18 seasons. Who know if he'll win big, but I don't see it as realistically all that risky. He's a damn good coach that knows what he's doing.

trojandawg
01-10-2020, 12:21 AM
I think a lot of people are here. Skeptical it will work here and in this conference. It's not really a Mississippi State identity of a football philosophy buuuut he is a hell of football coach and been successful installing his system at two different power 5 schools that also have budget and talent gaps. He is a tough coach don't take crappy performances from coaches or players. He had that drive and truly is a mad scientist of his offense. I'm not crazy about us getting a full on rebuild but it's where we are and he is entertaining and a great coach too. I'm willing to see where it goes. I hope it goes well and I hope the build doesn't take as long as I think it will.

All that said I think Judge was his guy and that happened. Napier said no for whatever reason so John said I'll get the best coach I can get at this point. He thinks it's a fit because of his ability to win at small schools and he is a tough disciplinarian. And I believe John and his close booster buddies are determined to make us a passing school.

I'll get behind the hire but if doesn't pan out in 4-5 years then John will retire and fall baseball games and the pirate can retire.

I'm cautiously optimistic because he is a great coach and if he can't make us a passing team no one can.
Hoist the colors!

Todd4State
01-10-2020, 12:47 AM
MSU fans really need to get past the "all we can do is run the ball" mantra.

MSU fans also need to realize that by being run heavy we limited our ceiling to 10 wins in a dream season and 6-8 wins a year with a fairly competent coach.

BuckyIsAB****
01-10-2020, 12:51 AM

See you have lost your inner pirate. You gotta find your inner pirate man you could be the luckiest man in the world and never even know it

defiantdog
01-10-2020, 12:59 AM
So..... He's been to 16 bowl games as a head coach. All in 18 years. We've only been to 23 bowl games since we've been a school. Put that into perspective.

DeltaChicagoDog
01-10-2020, 05:20 AM
nm

DeltaChicagoDog
01-10-2020, 05:24 AM
So..... He's been to 16 bowl games as a head coach. All in 18 years. We've only been to 23 bowl games since we've been a school. Put that into perspective.

Boom! I love it. Though I'm skeptical as hell about the hire, this right here is a perspective that gets me pumped.