PDA

View Full Version : Y'all Rember When You Were Kids

Spiderman
01-09-2020, 10:06 PM
and you played backyard football?

Did you get in the I and run it up the middle every play?

Probably not. I bet you spread it out and threw it every play because it was fun.

I'm an old dude that played HS in the 80's when everybody was I, Wishbone , or Wing T.

We still spread it out a chunked it when we played in the yard because it was fun.

The offensive players are gonna love this because it's fun. As Leach told a group once, "Hey, it's a game. Games are supposed to be fun."

I'm also old enough to remember the old NFL films with John Facenda. One of his best lines was " When grown men play a little boys game."

The other greatest line to me was the one State put out today about the badasses of Oakland in the 70's " The autumn wind is a pirate."

Relax, let's have some damn fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6E4Cks1W4

dawgday166
01-09-2020, 10:14 PM
I'm signed up and ready to go dude. Not sure how this will turn out and it may crash and burn but ... we fixing to find out.

Spiderman
01-09-2020, 10:19 PM
I'm signed up and ready to go dude. Not sure how this will turn out and it may crash and burn but ... we fixing to find out.

yep, but it shouldn't be boring

Nutriaitch
01-09-2020, 10:20 PM
and you played backyard football?

Did you get in the I and run it up the middle every play?

Probably not. I bet you spread it out and threw it every play because it was fun.

I'm an old dude that played HS in the 80's when everybody was I, Wishbone , or Wing T.

We still spread it out a chunked it when we played in the yard because it was fun.

The offensive players are gonna love this because it's fun. As Leach told a group once, "Hey, it's a game. Games are supposed to be fun."

I'm also old enough to remember the old NFL films with John Facenda. One of his best lines was " When grown men play a little boys game."

The other greatest line to me was the one State put out today about the badasses of Oakland in the 70's " The autumn wind is a pirate."

Relax, let's have some damn fun.

ran the wing t my freshman year in HS in early 90s.
i transferred to a pass happy (for the time) Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills style offense.

my son goes to same High School i went to as a freshman.
they’re STILL running th Wing T.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-09-2020, 10:21 PM
I remember little 10 year old me playing in the yard with my 1t year old brother. Hed jam me at the line and was faster. My dad was the passer and he couldnt hit th free broad side of a barn so even if I did get passed him the ball wouldn't be where it should be. Not that it mattered because I was 10. My mom would watch

I think my mom is going to have a strange sense of dejavu this fall, because our WRs going against SEC DBs as Shrader throws it to them and they have to catch it sounds familiar.

Bit yes, it will be fin and in here for it lol

Spiderman
01-09-2020, 10:36 PM
I remember little 10 year old me playing in the yard with my 1t year old brother. Hed jam me at the line and was faster. My dad was the passer and he couldnt hit th free broad side of a barn so even if I did get passed him the ball wouldn't be where it should be. Not that it mattered because I was 10. My mom would watch

I think my mom is going to have a strange sense of dejavu this fall, because our WRs going against SEC DBs as Shrader throws it to them and they have to catch it sounds familiar.

Bit yes, it will be fin and in here for it lol

JackBadDawg, is that you?

Spiderman
01-10-2020, 08:37 AM
ran the wing t my freshman year in HS in early 90s.
i transferred to a pass happy (for the time) Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills style offense.

my son goes to same High School i went to as a freshman.
they’re STILL running th Wing T.

If executed, the Wing T is as deadly an offense as there is.

Stood the test of time.

FISHDAWG
01-10-2020, 08:48 AM
Glad we didn't settle for another coordinator because it's about time we hired a HC with HC'ing experience .... I was kinda hoping Leach last time. We may crash and burn - who knows, but this way we are ourselves invested to a point that a LOT of folks never got to with JM with their support.
I'm totally on board

smootness
01-10-2020, 09:39 AM
If executed, the Wing T is as deadly an offense as there is.

Stood the test of time.

Leach has figured out one thing for sure - doesn't really matter what offense you run so long as you can execute it well. It comes down to talent and execution at that point. Leach sometimes struggles to get top talent (also largely a result of where he has coached), but he makes sure his offenses are well executed by simplifying them.

If you ran the Wing T with Bama athletes, you'd dominate. It's just that running the Wing T often keeps you from getting those athletes. That's the gamble GT is making - move away from the option, go to what is probably a less well-executed offense...but hope that you more than make up for it in recruiting.