PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Texas vs Texas Tech Video

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 09:14 PM
Eat your heart out boys... IT's COMING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd0QT6cZqlw

BuckyIsAB****
01-09-2020, 09:16 PM
Thank you Shotgun. Notice the TEs on the goaline and how when the numbers dictate it is inside zone or stretch.

Simple. Texas is trying to play nickel and dime but they cant fit inside zone and its easy money. Notice how good TTU was at the scramble drill and how in sync the OL is. Nobody gets turned loose, hat on a hat and not many penalties. Its the product of simplicity

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 09:17 PM
Look at the splits on the OL

BuckyIsAB****
01-09-2020, 09:19 PM
Look at the splits on the OL

I was just about to post that.

It is to create wider running lanes on inside zone and it creates a bigger pocket for the QB. They vertical set 95 percent of the time and everyone knows their job and the job of the guy besides them.

Hevesy wishes he could get his OL to do that on every play

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 09:21 PM
3:30 in... Herby says "Leach why are you running the ball more?"

"because we have 2 good backs & a big OL"

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 09:24 PM
It's a good thing we signed Charles Cross. He's perfect for this

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 09:51 PM

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-09-2020, 09:57 PM
One thing that's apparent is that Harrell had a good feel for the pocket, and he and his receivers had good chemistry on those scramble plays. That will take time here to develop. Our WRs haven't ever really been coached well on scramble plays.

It's weird seeing the OL block like that. They were so wide spread out it's like they're all OTs with how much space there is between them. Will be interesting to see how our OLs handle it.

What I imagine is the OL giving up pressure from the inside, shrader/Roger's gets flushed, SEC level QB spy closes on him fast, our shitty WRs dont work back in time, and we take a loss. Next play we throw a quick slant that should gain 15 but our shitty ass WRs drop it. Next play we drop back but Hill misses his assignment (even though it's an increadibly easy blocking scheme) and we take the sack. On the sideline Willie Gay -angered at his undrafted status- rushes from the stands to the sideline and punches all our QBs just cause. Leach sees it, draws a sword, and slices Gay to bits in front of 55K. We have to fire him, but Cohen hired the cheapest lawyer he could find ti draw up the contract and theres no clause for such situations so we have to pay the full buyout. At this point we can only afford 3M for staff, so Cohen cancels the FB team and asks his buddy LT what to spend it on. Plot twist, we pocket it instead. SEC gets upset that we dont, you know, have a football team, and kicks us out to be replaced by USM. Cohen builds a statue of LT. Sells Davis Wade for only $1M, which we pocket. Lemones gets an offer to coach at Ole miss, which he takes since they're SEC. Cohen is finally fired. Replaced by Joe Judge. He reinstates football, cuts all other programs to fund it, makes hires recently released from jail Mike Leach to be HC, who wears a sword to every game and stares at opponents. No opposing player is willing to hit our QB, we go 12-0. NCAA finds out a single player in 1 class was allowed to turn in their HW late when no other student was allowed the same, rules that lack of institutional control and vacates everything and gives us the death penalty. OM hires leach and wins 8 straight Nattys. Stingray becomes a State fan again and posts videos. Joe Judge becomes a Bama fan. The board is still arguing whether Cohen or LT is the worst. Our university's academics continue to fall under Keenum.

But you can really tell it's a simple O, they make decisions fast and know what they're doing

Westdawg
01-10-2020, 12:24 AM
That sure ain't the air raid! That's legit offensive play calling in that 1st quarter. And his O had a lot of looks with multiple personnel being utilized.
And he was calling some great run plays. I could honestly see what I saw in that 1st quarter not only working here but us being great at it. We do need to find a Crabtree type WR but we can do well with that.

Westdawg
01-10-2020, 01:11 AM
Just finished the whole game. His WRs played with physicality - from attacking their routes, fighting off defenders inside the 5 yd cushion from LOS and especially run blocking and blocking on screens. It was great. I guess I just never really paid a lot of attention to their offense. But this may actually be a great fit.

trojandawg
01-10-2020, 08:19 AM
I watched a good bit of it. His receivers catch very well and Harrell is a hell of qb. Basically reminds me of watching football in the backyard where everyone is a receiver and you can rush the qb. One thing I notice I didn't like is against a mush amp defense in the big 12 the wb was running for his life on almost every play. I image how that's gonna go against better defensive fronts. Got to have quick plays with quick release when they bring the house. But he ran for his life most of the game.