PDA

View Full Version : Leach Gives Us The Best Chance To Beat Bama

Matt3467
01-09-2020, 03:58 PM
Prove me wrong. We were never going to beat them by running the ball and besides one year with Dak we never got close to beating Bama with our best teams under Mullen. If you're going to beat Bama you're going to have to throw the ball. It's feast or famine and I believe Leach gives us hope going into these games with the juggernaut that is Bama.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 04:03 PM
Yup.

We're about to be that "unique" team in Conference that runs an offense no one else does and thus causes preparation issues.

Matt3467
01-09-2020, 05:32 PM
The conference has been evolving to a more pass friendly offense the last few years and it's about time we join ship with the Pirate! Gonna be fun times ahead!

dawgday166
01-09-2020, 05:37 PM
One thing I think about Leach is he will be unlike Mullen in one major way and that is ... he don't give a crap. He won't crap the bed just because Saban or Smart are on the other sideline.

DanDority
01-09-2020, 05:48 PM
Prove me wrong. We were never going to beat them by running the ball and besides one year with Dak we never got close to beating Bama with our best teams under Mullen. If you're going to beat Bama you're going to have to throw the ball. It's feast or famine and I believe Leach gives us hope going into these games with the juggernaut that is Bama.
Bama, sure as hell had trouble stopping the run this year!

Dawg_Lover
01-09-2020, 07:33 PM
Agree. And I think the following twitter statement, from Justin Ferguson, speaks to the bravado needed to get it done.

Mississippi State was reportedly linked to both Steve Sarkisian and Todd Grantham before hiring Mike Leach.

That?s like trying to decide between two different kinds of vanilla ice cream and then buying a grenade launcher.