PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Shrader

Matt3467
01-09-2020, 03:42 PM
So what happens with him? Heck I'll even lump KT in there. What about them both? Does Leach use them or no?

gtowndawg
01-09-2020, 03:43 PM
My money is on a QB transfer coming in...

HancockCountyDog
01-09-2020, 03:44 PM
KT is assuredly gone.

If I'm Shrader I certainly stick around through Spring to see if I can handle the offense.

I agree with gtown - smart money is a transfer coming in.

Is there anyway Tyler Russell has any eligibility left? I would love to see him in this offense.

Cloak
01-09-2020, 03:45 PM
My money is on a QB transfer coming in...

Felipe Franks wanted to transfer under Leach. Would we want him? Probably not

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 03:45 PM
I think Shrader is about to get a hella of lot better and have a chance of developing into an NFL QB

defiantdog
01-09-2020, 03:46 PM
KT is assuredly gone.

If I'm Shrader I certainly stick around through Spring to see if I can handle the offense.

I agree with gtown - smart money is a transfer coming in.

Is there anyway Tyler Russell has any eligibility left? I would love to see him in this offense.

KT may change positions

gtowndawg
01-09-2020, 03:49 PM
I think Shrader is about to get a hella of lot better and have a chance of developing into an NFL QB

I could be wrong, but I just don't see Shrader as an accurate QB. His form is rough. Hope I'm wrong though, his personality is the type that does well with Leach.

Spiderman
01-09-2020, 03:57 PM
So what happens with him? Heck I'll even lump KT in there. What about them both? Does Leach use them or no?

Well, he;s at the airport right now in a cast and on crutches to meet leach

defiantdog
01-09-2020, 04:00 PM
Well, he;s at the airport right now in a cast and on crutches to meet leach
Because he knows Leach will make him a real qb

DogsofAnarchy
Shrader will do great in this offense.

MoreCowbell

Schrader is really going to have to work on his mechanics and getting the ball out quicker. This offense does not fit what either of them do best. Would not surprise me to see Mayden get a chance.

MoreCowbell
01-09-2020, 04:02 PM
Shrader will do great in this offense.

He very well could be but I dont see it. Leach will have an open competition for all QBs if I had to bet

Commercecomet24
01-09-2020, 04:03 PM
Shrader completed 58% of his passes as a true freshman SEC QB in a crappy offense with a crappy playcaller and a gazillion dropped passes. He's still recovering from shoulder surgery from his senior year so his arm strength and motion will improve. IF he puts in the work with his athleticism and intelligence he could be really good in this offense. Be interesting to see and find out.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2020, 04:04 PM
He very well could be but I dont see it. Leach will have an open competition for all QBs if I had to bet

Agree he should hold open competition for every position but especially qb

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 04:05 PM
Shrader completed 58% of his passes as a true freshman SEC QB in a crappy offense with a crappy playcaller and a gazillion dropped passes. He's still recovering from shoulder surgery from his senior year so his arm strength and motion will improve. IF he puts in the work with his athleticism and intelligence he could be really good in this offense. Be interesting to see and find out.

This.

Also may give Leach his first true dual threat.

I don't think people realize the potential here.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2020, 04:08 PM
This.

That's the positive I see in this is Leach really never has had a true dual threat qb. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Spiderman
01-09-2020, 04:08 PM
This.

I have always said his system with a running QB would be deadly.

Look at Murray and Hurts at Oklahoma. very similar systems. Reily is off the Leach tree

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 04:12 PM

Look at Murray and Hurts at Oklahoma. very similar systems. Reily is off the Leach tree

No doubt. I bet we see a revised version of his offense. May look like Oklahoma's

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 04:13 PM
To fully appreciate Leach, you've have realize the talent level he's been working with

Spiderman
01-09-2020, 04:21 PM
No doubt. I bet we see a revised version of his offense. May look like Oklahoma's

Not really. He pretty much does what he does. He might give the QB a little more freedom to run

Really Clark?
01-09-2020, 04:27 PM

Not that he was a good running QB at all but Kingsbury was TT second leading rusher all 3 seasons and had 100 rushes his last year. Hodges has over 100 rushes as well at QB

OLJWales
01-09-2020, 04:33 PM
Who knows, Leach may have yall loving how "he pounds that thing"

Political Hack
01-09-2020, 04:34 PM
This is great news for Shrader if he wants to be a pro.

Jack Lambert
01-09-2020, 04:35 PM
Leach will change his offense to fit the talent he has. It is going to be fun to watch.

softballfanatic1
01-09-2020, 04:46 PM
Minshew was about 57-58% at ECU then 70.7% under Leach FWIW

Ezsoil
01-09-2020, 04:46 PM
Well he was recruiting Rodgers to WSU...so if he redshirts one year that gives Shrader a year without a ton of competition.....

4suredog
01-09-2020, 04:51 PM
I'm still wondering about Jalen Mayden.....

Saltydog
01-09-2020, 04:51 PM
Very true but the question is will that be similar talent to what he gets here? The knock on him, other than traditionally poor defenses, is his recruiting. Similar talent to what Wazzou had won't work in the SECW, no how no way.

MaroonFlounder
01-09-2020, 04:53 PM
Haven't read the entire thread, but Garrett met Coach Leach at the plane.

As did Kylin and Marcus Murphy and a couple others I couldn't make out.

Lord McBuckethead
01-09-2020, 04:59 PM

Boom. Kylin really needs another year. Work on blocking, catching out of the backfield, and hopefully throw up some sick stats.

dawgs
01-09-2020, 05:00 PM
Very true but the question is will that be similar talent to what he gets here? The knock on him, other than traditionally poor defenses, is his recruiting. Similar talent to what Wazzou had won't work in the SECW, no how no way.

We have more talent in a 5 hour radius of campus than wazzou had in a 15 hour radius. Oregon/Washington (especially east of the cascades), Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, and Cali north of the bay aren't exactly crootin' hot beds. If I'd guess, our crootin stays around what it's been under mullen and joevester, top 20-30 range, with some room to move up if the offense catches on and players get excited. Lot easier to persuade a couple big time croots to turn down LSU and bama when you are 2 hours from home than it is to get them to turn down usc for a rural school 15+ hours from home. Obviously we need some staff members that know the state and region, but that's the case with any hire.

basedog
01-09-2020, 05:08 PM
Show me some receivers.

JoseBrown
01-09-2020, 05:12 PM

Jarrian Jones and Martin Emerson too!

JoseBrown
01-09-2020, 05:13 PM
Show me some receivers.

Leach had an offensive lineman make the NFL as QB, he'll find receivers!!

Doggie_Style
01-09-2020, 05:23 PM

That's my take also....he knows how to develop talent

Dawgface
01-09-2020, 05:51 PM
On a side note.....Tim Brando was really complementary of the Leach hire on the FB show. Called it a homerun hire and said he will have better players at State than he ever had at TT or WSU. Amazed he went that far with it.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 05:53 PM
On a side note.....Tim Brando was really complementary of the Leach hire on the FB show. Called it a homerun hire and said he will have better players at State than he ever had at TT or WSU. Amazed he went that far with it.

Yup & it's absolutely true. By far the best talent & speed he's ever had

NCDawg
01-09-2020, 06:36 PM

I agree Shrader could be really good in Leach's offense. I note that he was on a knee walker at the airport. What's wrong with his leg?

dawgday166
01-09-2020, 06:40 PM

Brando loved it.

Lord McBuckethead
01-09-2020, 07:58 PM
It was rumored during the season, Shrader needed surgery on his foot but was playing through it. I believe he hurt it in the USM game or KSU game. Been playing hurt all year.

Mobile Bay
01-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Schrader has four years left IIRC. He would be crazy not to at least give Leach a year and see what he can do with him. If it doesn't work out, then we wish him the best and root for him at his next stop. I would feel about him much like Bama fans rooted for Jalen when Tua took over.

maroonmania
01-09-2020, 09:56 PM
Schrader has four years left IIRC. He would be crazy not to at least give Leach a year and see what he can do with him. If it doesn't work out, then we wish him the best and root for him at his next stop. I would feel about him much like Bama fans rooted for Jalen when Tua took over.

I thought Shrader played in more than games? Believe he has 3 years of eligibility left.

Hambone
01-09-2020, 10:57 PM
He still has a redshirt year