PDA

View Full Version : Can We Be Patient?

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-09-2020, 02:45 PM
Can we, fans and elitedawgs, be patient? It?s not going to be pretty for a couple of years. The roster must be flipped. Can we be patient?

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 02:50 PM
Not true.

He'll win much sooner than you think

We just won 6 games with Joe 17ing Moorhead's offense?

Do you really think that Leach's offense won't be better than Joe's offense with the current roster? Really?

It may take a few years for him to really get going to have an 8-9 win team but we'll immediately better & this is the most talent he's ever coached.

He'll go to Dallas & Houston & find few more WRs.

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-09-2020, 02:57 PM
I hope you are right , Gun. I guess good timing to have a deep WR class in the state next year. And Will Rogers will light it up in this offense

HancockCountyDog
01-09-2020, 03:02 PM
I'm very interested to see how we adjust to a non running QB. My biggest complaint of CJM was that he refused to run the ball with the QB.

Well, Leach doesn't run the ball with the QB and he is not changing his offense.

This is really good news for Will Rogers in my opinion who I would think loves this move, it fits his skill set.

The last two years WSU really got away from running the ball, I do hope that changes because of some of our skill players.

Look - Leach was not my first choice - he is going to come in and switch to a completely different system. That really can't be argued. I guess it could, but it would be a dumb argument. I really wish we hadn't signed most of our recruiting class already I would love to give him a chance to find some guys that really fit what he wants to do. Luckily, I think we signed the perfect QB.

As for WR's and OL - I think we are a ways off from fitting this system. Remember he went 3-9, 6-7 and 3-9 in his first three years at WSU while putting in his players and his system. He is not going to adjust his offense to the talent. We are running his offense, and it can be awesome, but I'm not sure it will be awesome right away.