Ari Gold
01-09-2020, 02:37 PM
First order of business.
Bring this guy back tomorrow.
Its a no brainer.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 02:42 PM
Agree.

If Leach can SEC-IFY his program, this has a chance to be super fun & really really interesting

Really Clark?
01-09-2020, 02:59 PM
Absolutely

StarkVegasSteve
01-09-2020, 03:22 PM
We're gonna need the best recruiters in the country to offset Leach's unwillingness to recruit. So if they were on staff with Dan, BRING THEM BACK.

Ari Gold
01-09-2020, 07:48 PM
Bump..
No reason this guy isn’t a part of the 2020 staff..

BuckyIsAB****
01-09-2020, 09:02 PM
We're gonna need the best recruiters in the country to offset Leach's unwillingness to recruit. So if they were on staff with Dan, BRING THEM BACK.

Another myth. Nobody who plays offense gets an offer without Leach's approval.

But to the OP's point yes we need Pat Austin on staff yesterday

StarkVegasSteve
01-09-2020, 09:06 PM
Another myth. Nobody who plays offense gets an offer without Leach's approval.

But to the OP's point yes we need Pat Austin on staff yesterday

I'm not worried about offensive recruiting. I'm more worried about D and who we could get to come knowing they're going to be on the field a majority of the game.

BuckyIsAB****
01-09-2020, 09:10 PM
I'm not worried about offensive recruiting. I'm more worried about D and who we could get to come knowing they're going to be on the field a majority of the game.

Leach is gonna hire a DC and let him do recruiting for defense. It is what he has done at every stop

Ari Gold
01-09-2020, 09:28 PM
Coach Austin needs to be on the staff no matter who the head guy is...
JC needs to make this happen. ASAP

yjnkdawg
01-09-2020, 09:35 PM

Seems you are just worried or upset because we hired Caoch Leach, even though he has been a winning P5 Coach and nobody in the national or local sports media thought MSU had any chance of achieving that. In fact before his name was floating around, nobody had even thought of a sitting P5 on the coaching list. He had just signed a 5 year $20 mil contract with WSU and said he was happy there unless the right opportunity came open, but we made a bad hire I guess?

StarkVegasSteve
01-09-2020, 09:49 PM
Seems you are just worried or upset because we hired Caoch Leach, even though he has been a winning P5 Coach and nobody in the national or local sports media thought MSU had any chance of achieving that. In fact before his name was floating around, nobody had even thought of a sitting P5 on the coaching list. He had just signed a 5 year $20 mil contract with WSU and said he was happy there unless the right opportunity came open, but we made a bad hire I guess?

Leach is a wildly entertaining character. But I don't think he's going to work here. We were pissed for two years at the last coach because he wouldnt adapt his scheme to the players and we're bringing in a guy who is married to his scheme. Maybe he'll change and prove me wrong. Maybe our WRs will magically turn into catching machines overnight. It's going to be entertaining for sure, I just don't believe it will be successful.

StarkVegasSteve
01-09-2020, 09:56 PM
Ari do you see both Gibson and Peterson staying as well as bringing on Pat? Thought the job they did keeping that 2018 class together was one of the best recruiting jobs we've ever seen

Spiderman
01-09-2020, 10:41 PM
First order of business.
Bring this guy back tomorrow.
Its a no brainer.

Ain't gonna happen, if I'm betting. hell of a recruiter, but would be better suited on Freezus's staff, if you catch my drift. There is a reason he is no longer at State

Percho
01-09-2020, 10:41 PM
Leach is a wildly entertaining character. But I don't think he's going to work here. We were pissed for two years at the last coach because he wouldnt adapt his scheme to the players and we're bringing in a guy who is married to his scheme. Maybe he'll change and prove me wrong. Maybe our WRs will magically turn into catching machines overnight. It's going to be entertaining for sure, I just don't believe it will be successful.

Maybe he will be able to coach them to his scheme.

HoopsDawg
01-09-2020, 11:00 PM
Ain't gonna happen, if I'm betting. hell of a recruiter, but would be better suited on Freezus's staff, if you catch my drift. There is a reason he is no longer at State

might need to hire a real compliance staff while we are cleaning house and upgrading everything else.

StarkVegasSteve
01-09-2020, 11:05 PM
might need to hire a real compliance staff while we are cleaning house and upgrading everything else.

If we can Bracky I'm 1000% behind this hire!!!!

Ari Gold
01-09-2020, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=Spiderman;1218829]Ain't gonna happen, if I'm betting. hell of a recruiter, but would be better suited on Freezus's staff, if you catch my drift. There is a reason he is no longer at State[/

95% of other P5 football programs would have handled the situation totally different ..
there is zero reason we need to part of that 5%...

Bottom line make the hire JC.. you have the stroke.

BHildreth3
01-09-2020, 11:42 PM
Absolutely.

Ari Gold
01-10-2020, 12:47 PM
Ari do you see both Gibson and Peterson staying as well as bringing on Pat? Thought the job they did keeping that 2018 class together was one of the best recruiting jobs we've ever seen

Rod and Peterson I would guess will be here.. and wouldn’t be shocked if Peterson gets a OM the field position
Coach Austin is extremely good at his job.. It’s been over 2 years it’s time to move on ...
best for business is Coach Austin at MSU

RezDog7
01-10-2020, 12:58 PM
Coach Austin needs to be on the staff no matter who the head guy is...
JC needs to make this happen. ASAP

Are you Pat Austin?

Ari Gold
01-10-2020, 01:50 PM
Are you Pat Austin?

Nice job not understanding the importance of this thread..
Other stupid shit like this will get deleted..

Coursesuper
01-10-2020, 02:02 PM

What is his current situation? Are we going to be in a position for it attractive for him to come back?

RezDog7
01-10-2020, 02:25 PM

Dude, it was meant as a joke that you apparently missed. I have no idea who you are nor do I care. Just curious why constantly saying Pat Austin needs to be hired on an unaffiliated MSU message board is so important. Does Cohen and Leach read this board for hiring advice or something?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-10-2020, 03:38 PM
Rod and Peterson I would guess will be here.. and wouldn?t be shocked if Peterson gets a OM the field position
Coach Austin is extremely good at his job.. It?s been over 2 years it?s time to move on ...
best for business is Coach Austin at MSU

But we have two more years of probation.

StarkVegasSteve
01-10-2020, 03:46 PM
Dude, it was meant as a joke that you apparently missed. I have no idea who you are nor do I care. Just curious why constantly saying Pat Austin needs to be hired on an unaffiliated MSU message board is so important. Does Cohen and Leach read this board for hiring advice or something?

He says it cause Pat Austin was/could be a hell of a recruiter for us. Pat, Rod, and Brad are the reason we've kept up in recruiting. Mullen hiring them as recruiting analysts was one of the smartest things he ever did.

RezDog7
01-10-2020, 03:52 PM
He says it cause Pat Austin was/could be a hell of a recruiter for us. Pat, Rod, and Brad are the reason we've kept up in recruiting. Mullen hiring them as recruiting analysts was one of the smartest things he ever did.

Yeah, I get that. Hope it works out for Pat. If it's good for MSU then I want it to happen.

Johnson85
01-10-2020, 04:18 PM
We were pissed at the last coach for doing a shitty coaching job. Had we just improved on offense in year 2 and not regressed at every other single phase of the game, he'd still be our coach.

Leach may or may not successfully adapt his system to our players in year one, but I feel pretty confident we won't get worse at his offense in year 2.

Ari Gold
01-10-2020, 04:49 PM
But we have two more years of probation.

Nothing to do with that situation.