PDA

View Full Version : Pirate staff?

BorneDawg
01-09-2020, 02:27 PM
Any guesses on who they will be? Anyone he will bring from Wash State?

BulldogBear
01-09-2020, 03:06 PM
We better be dropping some never before heard of $$$ on a DC or this won't work. It just won't. Sorry.

That sounds like I don't like the hire. I do. A lot.

But I'm saying that even with Leach we are not going to get to the next level by outscoring other SEC opponents. Stop thinking damned nonsense. This will succeed, but only with a slobber knocking, nasty, physical, scary defense to pair with it like the perfect wine or perfect beer depending on your menu.

ETA: Pirates have a crew not a staff!

gtowndawg
01-09-2020, 03:13 PM
Recruiting staff will be important but man, would you not put State in your top 5 just for the sake of getting to meet Coach Leach? He's a legend that everyone loves. Imagine the recruiting weekends.

bulldawg28
01-09-2020, 03:27 PM
Recruiting staff will be important but man, would you not put State in your top 5 just for the sake of getting to meet Coach Leach? He's a legend that everyone loves. Imagine the recruiting weekends.

Kids don't know Leach, fans do.

starkvegasdawg
01-09-2020, 03:32 PM
Don't you mean his crew?

gtowndawg
01-09-2020, 03:35 PM

I don't know about that. My 12 year old texted me from school. He and his Memphis buddy were already talking about it.

GreenheadDawg
01-09-2020, 03:36 PM

Bullshit. Plenty of kids know who he is

StarkVegasSteve
01-09-2020, 04:08 PM
Kids know who he is, but that's not going to sway their decision to come play for us. His name gets you in the door, but he's got to still be able to recruit

defiantdog
01-09-2020, 04:10 PM

You really wanted Sark huh

coachnorm
01-09-2020, 04:38 PM

Consider googling the past Washington State roster and take notice of the Southerners and Texans on that team? It sure looks like Leach and company know how to put on the miles to get prospects to play at the end of the earth in Eastern Washington? Take notice that Steve Spurrier's son is on that staff and killing it out West? Leach's staff might find it easier to recruit without being isolated in Pullman?

coachnorm
01-09-2020, 05:19 PM

I know for a fact that Southern California kids would love to play ball at Mississippi State. I know for a fact that Washington State recruited heavily in San Diego because I am a JUCO coach and have personally seen them myself. I know for a fact that Joe Moorehead instructed his assistants not to use recruiting resources out West. I know for a fact that this recruiting in Southern California was being done by non Californians. I know for a fact that Mississippi State Football footprint has profoundly increased because these recruiters will retain their abilities regardless of where they are based. There will be no difference in recruiting a San Diego prospect to Mississippi State or Washington State, recruiters get on the plane and commute. If you look at the WSU roster you will know for a fact that the recruiters have brought Southern Prospects to Pullman? Sure looks like they can recruit the South also? Just something for fellow Elitdoggers to ponder

gtowndawg
01-09-2020, 05:22 PM
I know for a fact that Southern California kids would love to play ball at Mississippi State. I know for a fact that Washington State recruited heavily in San Diego because I am a JUCO coach and have personally seen them myself. I know for a fact that Joe Moorehead instructed his assistants not to use recruiting resources out West. I know for a fact that this recruiting in Southern California was being done by non Californians. I know for a fact that Mississippi State Football footprint has profoundly increased because these recruiters will retain their abilities regardless of where they are based. There will be no difference in recruiting a San Diego prospect to Mississippi State that Washington State, recruiters get on the plane and commute. If you look at the WSU roster you will know for a fact that the recruiters have brought Southern Prospects to Pullman? Sure looks like they can recruit the South also? Just something for fellow Elitdoggers to ponder

I remember you posting before coach. Welcome back and keep posting.

dawgday166
01-09-2020, 05:31 PM
We better be dropping some never before heard of $$$ on a DC or this won't work. It just won't. Sorry.

That sounds like I don't like the hire. I do. A lot.

But I'm saying that even with Leach we are not going to get to the next level by outscoring other SEC opponents. Stop thinking damned nonsense. This will succeed, but only with a slobber knocking, nasty, physical, scary defense to pair with it like the perfect wine or perfect beer depending on your menu.

ETA: Pirates have a crew not a staff!

Need more consistency but ... in 2017 WSU was 17th in total D nationally. Probably had a couple of higher end Dlinemen.

Coursesuper
01-09-2020, 05:52 PM
I hope there is at least a 5 mil asst pool and massive increases in recruiting staff and budget.

BiscuitEater
01-09-2020, 06:25 PM

Ahhh.. HS passing QBs and WRs KNOW Leach.

DogsofAnarchy
01-09-2020, 06:27 PM

This is a damn lie. In my classroom today, the kids informed me and they were all pretty lit over this hire!! They knew exactly who he is!!