PDA

View Full Version : Leach and qb

msstate7
01-09-2020, 01:34 PM
Can anyone tell me if leach has rolled with a dual threat qb and if it was successful? Shrader is a dual guy, and I'm not sure we wanna use him in a pure pocket passing role.

3rdGen
01-09-2020, 01:40 PM
Can anyone tell me if leach has rolled with a dual threat qb and if it was successful? Shrader is a dual guy, and I'm not sure we wanna use him in a pure pocket passing role.

can he coach a qb?....ask Minshew.

dawgday166
01-09-2020, 01:43 PM
Spiderman sold me on Leach last night and his ability to adapt. I kinda like this hire with just one caveat.

I'd almost be willing to bet Leach won out over Napier and Sark primarily because he didn't require staffing up and paying the staff more along the lines of Bama and the other 3 or 4 top programs in the SEC. Napier and Sark would require more somewhat (albeit probably not at Bama or UGA levels) financial resources for recruiting, QC, and analysts positions.

I hope someone on this board will convince me I'm wrong on that assumption.

vv83
01-09-2020, 01:50 PM
Spiderman sold me on Leach last night and his ability to adapt. I kinda like this hire with just one caveat.

I'd almost be willing to bet Leach won out over Napier and Sark primarily because he didn't require staffing up and paying the staff more along the lines of Bama and the other 3 or 4 top programs in the SEC. Napier and Sark would require more somewhat (albeit probably not at Bama or UGA levels) financial resources for recruiting, QC, and analysts positions.

I hope someone on this board will convince me I'm wrong on that assumption.

If that's true... my god we deserve what we get. We had the opportunity to reset the staff and bring our staff and recruiting up to SEC standards. Isn't this the clown who said recruiting isn't a priority for him? This is an absolute shit show

War Machine Dawg
01-09-2020, 02:09 PM
If that's true... my god we deserve what we get. We had the opportunity to reset the staff and bring our staff and recruiting up to SEC standards. Isn't this the clown who said recruiting isn't a priority for him? This is an absolute shit show

Nailed it. If you thought Mullen & Co were Country Clubbing it in recruiting, wait until you see the Pirate inaction. What a total cluster17. Cohen & Keenum both need to be fired immediately, the deal with Leach cancelled, an interim HC for 2020 named, then hire a new outsider AD with both business and sports experience to hire the next coach. We. Are. Em. State. Can't get out of our own way and never learn.

AmiteDog
01-09-2020, 02:10 PM

I would prepare yourself for 4 years of Will Rogers. I just have a feeling that it's coming. Not that that's a bad thing.

StarkVegasSteve
01-09-2020, 02:16 PM
Will Rogers will start from Day 1

chainedup_Dawg
01-09-2020, 02:35 PM
Adapt? When has he ever adapted? He ran the ball what 350 something times sure but hell, we had 529 and should have run it a lot more.

Bothrops
01-09-2020, 02:55 PM

We don't, and won't have the personnel to operate Leach's offense for at least 2 years. Not sure what this will look like in the meantime.

Dawgface
01-09-2020, 03:14 PM

I'm all for whoever is best for the Pirate's offense. Time will tell.

HancockCountyDog
01-09-2020, 03:16 PM

I agree with you.

Well - actually my money is that he starts game 4.

MoreCowbell
01-09-2020, 03:18 PM
don’t count out Mayden. Really quick release and gets it out fast. This offense will not fit Schrader unfortunately IMO

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 03:20 PM
Leach is a literal genius.

He'll figure it out

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 03:22 PM
We don't, and won't have the personnel to operate Leach's offense for at least 2 years. Not sure what this will look like in the meantime.

This is not true

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 03:25 PM
Nailed it. If you thought Mullen & Co were Country Clubbing it in recruiting, wait until you see the Pirate inaction. What a total cluster17. Cohen & Keenum both need to be fired immediately, the deal with Leach cancelled, an interim HC for 2020 named, then hire a new outsider AD with both business and sports experience to hire the next coach. We. Are. Em. State. Can't get out of our own way and never learn.

Relax. Have fun with it.

He may not do it they way you would, but he's going to win. Again, he is going to win.

This is BY FAR the best recruiting ground he's ever had. Let's see what happens

StarkVegasSteve
01-09-2020, 03:26 PM

We will look a bad Air Raid offense. Me and others have been trying to make people understand this, Leach ain't changing the system. Air Raid is the only think he knows.

MarketingBully
01-09-2020, 03:52 PM
My God you guys are insufferable pricks. Who would you have been good with? Unproven coaches like Sark and Napier? Seriously? Leach is a homerun hire if I’ve ever seen one. You don’t even know who his staff is. I think he took this job because he wanted to prove himself in the best conference in the country. We could be getting a hungry Leach who wants to win right away and if that’s the case SEC watch out. The guy is a football genius. Surround him with a badass staff and see what happens.

MabenMaroon
01-09-2020, 05:33 PM
My God you guys are insufferable pricks. Who would you have been good with? Unproven coaches like Sark and Napier? Seriously? Leach is a homerun hire if I’ve ever seen one. You don’t even know who his staff is. I think he took this job because he wanted to prove himself in the best conference in the country. We could be getting a hungry Leach who wants to win right away and if that’s the case SEC watch out. The guy is a football genius. Surround him with a badass staff and see what happens.

THIS!^^^^

StateDawg44
01-09-2020, 06:14 PM

No we have to run him down and talk about how ****ed we are to look forward to for the foreseeable future.***

There is nothing we could've done to please some. Let them complain and be miserable.

Johnson85
01-10-2020, 09:33 AM
We will look a bad Air Raid offense. Me and others have been trying to make people understand this, Leach ain't changing the system. Air Raid is the only think he knows.

We will look like the first year of Moorhead's system. Pretty good against weak teams and pretty awful against good teams. We probably won't look that good because despite the lack of WRs, Moorhead was left a lot of offensive firepower to work.

But that will be good enough to keep us decent while he has a chance to recruit his type players.

bostondawg
01-10-2020, 09:37 AM
BTW looks like 5 mil a year for Leach.

gravedigger
01-10-2020, 09:41 AM

The qb after Minchew had only thrown 5 passes in a game before leading the nation in passing. Now that doesnt definitively answer your question, but it leads us to understand he recruiting.

According to the 60 minutes interview, he recruited based on the fact he couldnt beat out Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and Nebraska for kids. So he went out and found the kids with the 'measureables' and the accuracy and he showed them how.

So to answer: I think he can use Shrader. I think he can use Mayden. I think he will groom the kid from Brandon. But I dont think he really uses a qb for his running ability.

preachermatt83
01-10-2020, 09:49 AM

lol. The fact that you really believe this is telling

preachermatt83
01-10-2020, 09:58 AM
My God you guys are insufferable pricks. Who would you have been good with? Unproven coaches like Sark and Napier? Seriously? Leach is a homerun hire if I?ve ever seen one. You don?t even know who his staff is. I think he took this job because he wanted to prove himself in the best conference in the country. We could be getting a hungry Leach who wants to win right away and if that?s the case SEC watch out. The guy is a football genius. Surround him with a badass staff and see what happens.

Yes! Post of the day.

OLJWales
01-10-2020, 10:23 AM

Bullshit.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 10:28 AM
Check out this stat on Leach. Holy smokes

OLJWales
01-10-2020, 10:35 AM
Check out this stat on Leach. Holy smokes

So this means Leach is real good at beating teams with higher ranked crootin classes, no?

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2020, 10:37 AM
So this means Leach is real good at beating teams with higher ranked crootin classes, no?

Correct

msugolf
01-10-2020, 10:53 AM
We will look like the first year of Moorhead's system. Pretty good against weak teams and pretty awful against good teams. We probably won't look that good because despite the lack of WRs, Moorhead was left a lot of offensive firepower to work.

But that will be good enough to keep us decent while he has a chance to recruit his type players.

That's not true simply for the fact that this offense won't be having to think as much. It's a whole lot simpler to understand and let's the athletes be athletes. While we may not have the personnel needed yet I'm willing to bet that his offense looks better against the elite teams than Moorhead's did.

Johnson85
01-10-2020, 12:12 PM
That's not true simply for the fact that this offense won't be having to think as much. It's a whole lot simpler to understand and let's the athletes be athletes. While we may not have the personnel needed yet I'm willing to bet that his offense looks better against the elite teams than Moorhead's did.

I think that's probably right in the sense that we won't look completely lost. But I'm not sure the results will be that different as far as being good enough to actually compete. I know he has a history of doing more with less, but I don't think he's going to be able to take our WRs and move the ball against good SEC defenses.

OLJWales
01-10-2020, 12:42 PM
I think that's probably right in the sense that we won't look completely lost. But I'm not sure the results will be that different as far as being good enough to actually compete. I know he has a history of doing more with less, but I don't think he's going to be able to take our WRs and move the ball against good SEC defenses.

Then we'll just hafta "Pound that thing"

Johnson85
01-10-2020, 12:54 PM
Then we'll just hafta "Pound that thing"

It's going to be interesting to me to see how he uses Kylin if he comes back. Kylin didn'nt get to run all that much this year when the d couldn't stack the box. Be interesting to see what he would look like with a minimally competent passing offense to keep defenses honest