PDA

View Full Version : Sark, Napier, or Leach?

trojandawg
01-09-2020, 01:05 PM
who would you go with and why?

Napier would be my first choice because i think he is the best fit with young in his career and more upside. runs a good fit offense for us. experience at several D1 P5 schools including under Saban. won 11 games at ULL which is no easy task. good recruiter player development.

Sark would be second because of his experience and what he has done at USC, UW, and Bama. he has fire in his eyes to win. some self discipline issues, but he can chew into some players. very smart footbal IQ. Built the foundation of Washington from nothing. recruiting and player development

Leach would be third for me. he has a lot of similarities as the other two as far as a coach goes. he is quirky and fun. tough discipline guy. I put him third mainly for my concern of installing the air raid and the amount of time that would take and if he could do it successfully at MSU. to me it's the biggest risk offensively and defensively for us as we just went through that with Moorhead.

Bothrops
01-09-2020, 01:08 PM
Napier closely followed be Sarkisian.

Bert Stare
01-09-2020, 01:10 PM
Napier, Leach, then Sark. That is the order of official offers today. Time will tell.

parabrave
01-09-2020, 01:11 PM
Sark. Experience, recruiting footprint outside the state of MS and probably a drive to stick it to everyone who put him down. Only concern is will he be another job seeking *******?

defiantdog
Napier is the go to...... leach is the fun hire..... sark is the boring hire that will leave in a year or two

Tbonewannabe
who would you go with and why?

Napier would be my first choice because i think he is the best fit with young in his career and more upside. runs a good fit offense for us. experience at several D1 P5 schools including under Saban. won 11 games at ULL which is no easy task. good recruiter player development.

Sark would be second because of his experience and what he has done at USC, UW, and Bama. he has fire in his eyes to win. some self discipline issues, but he can chew into some players. very smart footbal IQ. Built the foundation of Washington from nothing. recruiting and player development

Leach would be third for me. he has a lot of similarities as the other two as far as a coach goes. he is quirky and fun. tough discipline guy. I put him third mainly for my concern of installing the air raid and the amount of time that would take and if he could do it successfully at MSU. to me it's the biggest risk offensively and defensively for us as we just went through that with Moorhead.

This is pretty much my preferences. I would add Grantham at #4. I think he would bring an OC that would run the same type of Mullen's offense so it would fit us well. We also know that Grantham likes Starkville so there might be more incentive to stay. He would already know how well he gets along with Cohen so that would also be a plus.

Okrastar1
01-09-2020, 01:13 PM
Napier, Offense was built for MSU. sitting head coach who is young and fiery, and also coached under the 2 top college football coaches in the nation. The offense is what i love the most. I know coaches can change what they run to fulfill a skill set that's there, but his works now and is perfect for our recruiting footprint. And DAMN its really nice to have a coach who isn't trying to overthink/overcomplicate the damn process and just wants to punch people in the mouth physically offensively

Indndawg
Bert...........can you give insight about Hud in this search?

Tbonewannabe
Napier, Leach, then Sark. That is the order of official offers today. Time will tell.

Whether you know something or not, do you think we get a decision today or early tomorrow so it is announced on Friday going into the weekend or just hold it until Monday? I would think we would want it talked about during the National Title game but releasing it on Monday might seem last minute to me.

trojandawg
01-09-2020, 01:14 PM
that would probably be my 4th also with Hud being 5th at that point.

Indndawg
01-09-2020, 01:14 PM
I agree w/Tbone adding Grantham, heck I might pull Grantham past The Pirate.

trojandawg
01-09-2020, 01:16 PM
i think it will be today or tomorrow. get the coach in here this weekend unless it really ends up being someone that is coaching in that game. don't want to release it on monday because it will be over run by the NC in media.

deadheaddawg
1) Leach
2) Napier
3) Sark

Id love any of them though

Political Hack

Am I the only one that's tried to win a staring contest with Bert?

Any of the three would be great, but based in the debacle involving Louisiana agents, his underwhelming interviews during the game last Monday, and his potential (POTENTIAL) lack of interest when the job first opened, in less enthused about Napier.

I like Leach a lot. For the entertainment value alone it would be epic. As a fan base, I feel like we deserve a little fun and he'd certainly bring that. Exciting offense. Yep. Develop QBs? Yep. Can he win with less talented teams against more talented teams? Yep. He fits so many needs at State imo.

Sark would be great too, but I think he'd be likely bolt before either of the other two.

msbulldog
01-09-2020, 01:17 PM
If Napier wanted this job, he would already be here. Sark!

JohnHenryBonham
Sark then Leach. We have to be able to throw the ball to reach the next level of playing for championships. A spread power running attack will have a ceiling of 8-9 wins(regular season).

msstate7

You've said your info wasn't from the state side. How in the world would you know this then?

Really Clark?
01-09-2020, 01:23 PM
Napier then a coin flip with the remaining. Kind of basing it on what Cohen likes in a coach. Smart, innovative, big in recruiting and understands and embraces the area and what MSU is about. Napier seems closer to fitting all that the closest.

parabrave
01-09-2020, 01:29 PM
Everybody on the Leach train ecplain why would he even want to come here? It would be a lateral move for him!

GT3F8
01-09-2020, 01:31 PM
McMurphy just tweeted....that it is Leach....