PDA

View Full Version : Billy Napier is the Biggest Recruit Of John Cohen's Career

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 12:09 PM
Rosebowl confirmed this morning that the Napier situation has truly been an on again, off again deal & he doesn't even understand it all.

However, It's my belief & likely John Cohen's belief that Napier the RIGHT man & FIT for Mississippi State University.

So, IMO this has boiled down to John Cohen turning into a coach again & fighting tooth & nail to win this recruiting battle.

I realize people will say "if he doesn't want to be here then screw him", but I don't think Billy Napier knows MSU well enough to say that & I think him & his family would love it in Starkville. Napier is from Chatsworth, GA at town of 4,200 people. He gets it & understands what small town life is about.

Come on John! Figure out a way to close this recruit out & bring the right coach for Mississippi State home to Starkville.

It's a perfect fit for everyone involved, even though Napier hasn't likely ever woke up dreaming of being the Mississippi State head coach.

Spiderman
01-09-2020, 12:15 PM
Rosebowl confirmed this morning that the Napier situation has truly been an on again, off again deal & he doesn't even understand it all.

However, It's my belief & likely John Cohen's belief that Napier the RIGHT man & FIT for Mississippi State University.

So, IMO this has boiled down to John Cohen turning into a coach again & fighting tooth & nail to win this recruiting battle.

I realize people will say "if he doesn't want to be here then screw him", but I don't think Billy Napier knows MSU well enough to say that & I think him & his family would love it in Starkville. Napier is from Chatsworth, GA at town of 4,200 people. He gets it & understands what small town life is about.

Come on John! Figure out a way to close this recruit out & bring the right coach for Mississippi State home to Starkville.

It's a perfect fit for everyone involved, even though Napier hasn't likely ever woke up dreaming of being the Mississippi State head coach.

That's the deal trying to hire a coach. Sometimes you are selling, other times the candidate is trying to sell you.

Sark, Grantham, Judge etc had to sell themselves. A Napier or a Leach has to be sold to

StarkVegasSteve
01-09-2020, 12:20 PM
Then Cohen better be selling us like he's recruiting a 5 tool 3rd baseman. However, I don't think that's happening. Really hope I'm wrong though.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 12:26 PM
Then Cohen better be selling us like he's recruiting a 5 tool 3rd baseman. However, I don't think that's happening. Really hope I'm wrong though.

One of the main benefits of hiring an AD that went to school at MSU & wore the maroon & white is that they should possess a passion within them to sell the university & Starkville in a way that an outsider can't.

It's time for Cohen to summon that passion & sell the shit out of this program, state, town, ceiling, & tradition to Napier & get this done.

DapperDanMan
01-09-2020, 12:28 PM
I feel like some people, in the sense that Cohen wants to make sure he does it right this time. Not just because his job may be on the line, but because he cares about the university. Maybe he is into micromanaging too much, but the thing with most micro-managers is if they find someone they can trust that will do things the right way, they usually sit back and let them go. Too much he said, she said going on right now. I'm sticking to what Cohen said in taking what you hear or see with a grain of salt. It's fun daydreaming about who will lead the Dawgs, but just gotta let it play out and trust the right decision will be made.

gtowndawg
01-09-2020, 12:36 PM
It's been on, off, on again, off again to radio silence. See you on the other side bulldog brethren, good night and good luck.

Bert Stare
01-09-2020, 12:42 PM
It's been on, off, on again, off again to radio silence. See you on the other side bulldog brethren, good night and good luck.

It's silent for a reason. Dont go to bed yet.

vv83
01-09-2020, 12:46 PM

What's your latest update?

defiantdog
01-09-2020, 12:48 PM

Damnit man! Your stressing more than C34 in his SPS days

defiantdog
01-09-2020, 12:49 PM

Damnit man! Your stressing more than C34 in his SPS days

Gutter Cobreh
01-09-2020, 12:49 PM

Remember that college baseball coaches only recruit players from 6th - 8th grade, so having to recruit someone above the age of 15 is going to be a challenge for him...***

Dawgology
01-09-2020, 01:26 PM

Hope it's not a silent fart.