PDA

View Full Version : Cohen Please Hire Leach

Matt3467
01-09-2020, 11:30 AM
He's the man we need but not the man we deserve.

Since we have a main thread with the title saying Leach would be a disaster I'd like to make one for those that read our board that do have pull that would show there are those who actually would love the hire.

I've joked about bringing Leach over the years mostly because I thought it would never happen but now that we have a shot I'm all in. He's the most proven coach on our list and has consistently done more with less. We need that here.

DapperDanMan
01-09-2020, 11:32 AM
I like Leach. His offense would definitely be exciting to watch. We tend to recruit solid RB's as people have mentioned before. I would be excited to see who he would bring in from the Defensive side as well as how he would handle the build up of his staff and what the university is willing to give him. Press conferences would be a lot of fun to watch!!!!

Santiago
01-09-2020, 11:32 AM
I would give an extra donation to MSU just for the hire.

deadheaddawg
01-09-2020, 11:34 AM
He's the best long term hire of the big 3 (napier and Sark).

Let's get him here

Mobile Bay
01-09-2020, 11:40 AM
Hire Leech and beg him to keep Shoup. That would mean little change in coaching on that side of the ball which is fine. But a completely revamped offense.

This is the way.

preachermatt83
01-09-2020, 11:48 AM
I would give an extra donation to MSU just for the hire.

Me tol

MoreCowbell
01-09-2020, 11:53 AM
Would be entertaining but I do not think that hire would be in the best interest of our program. It is a complete change in our philosophy/identity and we have been bitching for months how we are built to run the football and play defense. It would take a couple of years to turn the roster over and if it did not work out would set us back further with the next coach who came in. Could it work? Yeah it might could but I think it is too big a risk. His style works in the Pac and Big 12, SEC is a different animal.

boot
01-09-2020, 11:56 AM
We might win 5 games next year if we?re throwing the ball 80% of the time. We aren?t setup for it

Mobile Bay
01-09-2020, 11:59 AM
We might win 5 games next year if we?re throwing the ball 80% of the time. We aren?t setup for it

Yes, with Leach next year is not going to be good. I think we would still get to six since Arkansas and TSUN won't have as good a coach to work with and we have 4 ooc games. But you don't hire a coach for one year.

Matt3467
01-09-2020, 12:11 PM
Yes, with Leach next year is not going to be good. I think we would still get to six since Arkansas and TSUN won't have as good a coach to work with and we have 4 ooc games. But you don't hire a coach for one year.

I think our fan base would have more patience for a coach like Leach that's proven and has won everywhere he's been. It was obvious Moorhead was going nowhere but down.