PDA

View Full Version : Reset in the search?

OSCAR
01-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Anyone else hearing that Cohen is resetting the field a bit and this thing is basically starting over with some of the newer candidate names as well as a few new ones? Just passing along what someone just told me.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 10:22 AM
Anyone else hearing that Cohen is resetting the field a bit and this thing is basically starting over with some of the newer candidate names as well as a few new ones? Just passing along what someone just told me.

That's fine with me. No rush.

Just get the right guy.

I truly believe the RIGHT and PERFECT fit for MSU is out there. Any day you save now is minuscule compared to getting the RIGHT guy.

Find Him. He exists on this planet.

DownwardDawg
01-09-2020, 10:24 AM
My best guess, Napier was offered last night or will be today. He will accept the job later today or tomorrow.

Duckdog
01-09-2020, 10:25 AM
No thats just silly

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2020, 10:26 AM
My best guess, Napier was offered last night or will be today. He will accept the job later today or tomorrow.

He is the right fit.

Also, Cohen may have slowed down the process so that Napier could see if Baylor wanted him. As it becomes more evident that they don't, it may become more likely he takes the job.

I truthfully believe Napier is the right guy and fit. We've just got to get Billy to see that and want to do that.

Okrastar1
Hell at this point what else can you do? I'm terrified at this rate this search is going, Cohen may look to EliteDawgs and see who has the most VCash and hire them if they "blow him away" with the interview***

ShotgunDawg
No thats just silly

Why?

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2020, 10:27 AM
It ought to be very clear by now that nobody who is talking knows anything.

Duckdog
01-09-2020, 10:30 AM

AMEN

Tbonewannabe
01-09-2020, 10:34 AM

I wonder if when Cohen said don't believe anything unless it comes from me that he really meant it. Maybe Cohen is feeding false info just so no one knows what is going on. Who knows if Chris Petersen would have truly taken the job back then if it hadn't broke on the internet.

Dawgology
01-09-2020, 10:37 AM
He is the right fit.

Also, Cohen may have slowed down the process so that Napier could see if Baylor wanted him. As it becomes more evident that they don't, it may become more likely he takes the job.

I truthfully believe Napier is the right guy and fit. We've just got to get Billy to see that and want to do that.

Did Napier ever say he wanted to coach at Baylor? Why Baylor? He has no history there.

StoneDawg
01-09-2020, 10:40 AM

Amen 🙏

MedDawg
01-09-2020, 10:44 AM

Alright! We get to repeat the last 2-3 days again.**

Tbonewannabe
01-09-2020, 10:55 AM
Did Napier ever say he wanted to coach at Baylor? Why Baylor? He has no history there.

Probably just wanted to weigh all of his options and possibly use it for leverage. It would all come down to who works the best in negotiations. Does Napier use Baylor to get more out of MSU or does Cohen use his interest in Baylor to open up to more interviews? At that point, who blinks first. Does Napier run the risk of having a bad year next year or does he get a bigger job and/or money? Pretty ballsy to leave $3 Mil on the table for just next year and run the risk of leaving another $9-10 Mil on the table over the next 4 years if he doesn't get a P5 job.

Napier can either make $16ish Mil over the next 4 years with all of the SEC perks that goes with the contract or he can stay at ULL and make $4ish Mil with no hope at playing for a National Championship even if he goes undefeated.

preachermatt83
01-09-2020, 10:59 AM
I don’t think an offer has been extended to anyone yet. I think Cohen is going to complete all interviews before making a decision

fader2103
01-09-2020, 11:00 AM
I don't have a problem with the search taking this long (not really that long). We have to get the right man for the job. I am just surprised that Hud has not been given an interview that we know of.

BiscuitEater
01-09-2020, 11:03 AM

No. BUT it is WAY easier to win in the B12 than in the SEC West!

OSCAR
01-09-2020, 11:06 AM
I wonder if when Cohen said don't believe anything unless it comes from me that he really meant it. Maybe Cohen is feeding false info just so no one knows what is going on. Who knows if Chris Petersen would have truly taken the job back then if it hadn't broke on the internet.

It seems more likely that we have too many people in the AD office with buddies they feed info to. It feels more like too much info leaking than just false info filling a vacuum.