PDA

View Full Version : Another coaching search

Okrastar1
01-08-2020, 10:23 PM
Another coaching search starts in March. This basketball team is a shitshow, I mean it?s like Moorehead was fired from football now he is OC for basketball? What the hell gives

Commercecomet24
01-08-2020, 10:26 PM
Lol me and my sons were having the same conversation. Said it was just like watching the football team. With the talent on this basketball team we should be way better than this. I'm gonna let the season play out but Cohen may have a busy year

LoneStarDawg
01-08-2020, 10:27 PM
Hard to argue with that at the moment!

Cowbell
01-08-2020, 10:30 PM
This is nothing different than last year. They will win a couple decent games midway through league play and everyone will get excited again just to see them melt away once march gets close.

msstate7
01-08-2020, 10:54 PM
I snapped in the last 2 game threads, but I'm breathing deeply now and telling myself to be patient. Hopefully this team will improve as the season goes on

gtowndawg
01-08-2020, 10:59 PM
Their awful. Dang.

Okrastar1
01-09-2020, 12:06 AM
I mean they are horrendous! 4/5 stars lining the floor and we look like the JV team playing. Great we can play defense but we can’t win with our lack of scoring and our 3pt shooting is a damn joke! Who in the hell recruits a team with no shooters?

Dannyripms
01-09-2020, 07:21 AM
Absolutely horrendous shot selection. If Vic was coaching this team he would pull everyone and put the entire bench in. They need to learn to pass around until the higher percentage shot comes open. Drive to the basket and get fouled, or an easy layup. This is ridiculous.

MarketingBully
01-09-2020, 07:53 AM
Meh, Howland is past his prime and he is an old fuddy duddy but I do not want Cohen picking the next coach with how his coaching searches have gone. The two football and baseball coaching searches went off the rails. Hell, this football coaching search is so whack we have no idea who the coach will be. I have no idea. Every day it seems like a new hot candidate emerges and then cools by the afternoon. It’s not there yet but optics of this one remind me of the TN search and the AD was fired in that one.

msstate7
01-09-2020, 08:03 AM
In no way am I predicting this type of turnaround, but auburn started sec play 2-4 last year including a blow out loss at OM. We just got nick back, and we're trying to work in some new guys. Hopefully we start looking better soon. I think I'd give carter 1 more game to find his shot before I start reducing his mins considerably

msugolf
01-09-2020, 08:25 AM
In no way am I predicting this type of turnaround, but auburn started sec play 2-4 last year including a blow out loss at OM. We just got nick back, and we're trying to work in some new guys. Hopefully we start looking better soon. I think I'd give carter 1 more game to find his shot before I start reducing his mins considerably

The only thing similar in these 2 teams is that they both wear uniforms and have humans. In no way shape or form does our team resemble Auburn of last year. No shooters, lack of an offensive system, undisciplined shot selection and defense, slow paced vs fast and most importantly coaching.

Maroonthirteen
01-09-2020, 08:30 AM
We need a big athletic shooting guard. That can shoot and defend. We don't have that.

msstate7
01-09-2020, 08:31 AM
The only thing similar in these 2 teams is that they both wear uniforms and have humans. In no way shape or form does our team resemble Auburn of last year. No shooters, lack of an offensive system, undisciplined shot selection and defense, slow paced vs fast and most importantly coaching.

Auburn wasn't good this time of year last season is the only point I was making. Settle down, I even said I wasn't predicting that type of turnaround. Teams start bad in sec play all the time and get better, and lots of times, they start bad and stay bad. I'm trying to remain hopeful.

msstate7
01-09-2020, 08:34 AM
We need a big athletic shooting guard. That can shoot and defend. We don't have that.

DJ Stewart can be that guy (6'6", 11/27 (.404) from 3)

trob115
01-09-2020, 09:36 AM
DJ Stewart can be that guy (6'6", 11/27 (.404) from 3)

The thing with Tyson is, if he shots aren't falling, he's a huge liability on the floor. He consistently gets beat on defense.

DJ needs to play more minutes.

Molinar is super talented and is a natural scorer. He just needs to quit turning the ball over.

timotheus
01-09-2020, 09:57 AM
The other 4 guys moving during an actual offensive set is what Iverson needs most or he'll just be a one on one guy like spoon and perry.