PDA

View Full Version : Over/under on Will Rogers career passing yards: 19,218

Quaoarsking
01-08-2020, 08:44 PM
OVER if we hire Mike Leach. According to his book, Leach has always had to hold back a little bit thanks to meddlesome boosters forcing him to call plays that don't give them the best chance to win, all because of how they ignorantly think football is "supposed" to be played.

At Mississippi State, he'll go balls to the wall 100% of the time, finally unleashing the real Mike Leach he's always wanted to be. Will Rogers is the QB he wanted badly, and may be the reason he's interested in us - he knows he can smash records with him.

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2020, 09:01 PM
Rogers is a whole hell of a lot like Minshew. Stronger arm IMO. Minshew was special. That is mighty big shoes to fill but Rogers has some big feet.

Bobby Ricigliano
01-08-2020, 09:01 PM
Does that include dropped passes?

Santiago
01-08-2020, 09:11 PM
and then the record gets raised by Ty Keyes, and hopefully Simpson
I was impressed at Tx Tech sometimes he would have a 5th year senior finally get to play 1 year and then the guy would sling it . Saying this because you are right, he really never has coached a team with talent across the board.

parabrave
01-08-2020, 09:38 PM
Have to have someone who can catch first. Oh and BTW we this isn't the big 12 of Pac 10, we do play defense here.

StarkVegasSteve
01-08-2020, 09:46 PM
Under. WAY UNDER. Rogers would throw for a lot of yds in a Leach offense, no doubt about that, but that's averaging almost 5K yards a year. SEC defenses are able to adjust unlike Pac 12 and Big 12 D's

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2020, 09:51 PM
Under. WAY UNDER. Rogers would throw for a lot of yds in a Leach offense, no doubt about that, but that's averaging almost 5K yards a year. SEC defenses are able to adjust unlike Pac 12 and Big 12 D's

Im still waiting on them to adjust to LSU's offense and Alabama's. Where do yall think they are getting their passing concepts from? Its not pure air raid but its mighty close.

StarkVegasSteve
01-08-2020, 09:54 PM
Im still waiting on them to adjust to LSU's offense and Alabama's. Where do yall think they are getting their passing concepts from? Its not pure air raid but its mighty close.

They also have 5 star receivers and national recruiting base......I must've missed when we got that or when Leach became a national recruiter. Again, Rogers would throw for a lot of yards, but he wouldn't throw for 19,000.

Coach34
01-08-2020, 09:58 PM
If we make the right hire Rogers wont ever start a game for us

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2020, 10:06 PM
They also have 5 star receivers and national recruiting base......I must've missed when we got that or when Leach became a national recruiter. Again, Rogers would throw for a lot of yards, but he wouldn't throw for 19,000.

Leach wont recruit that way and he still has won more games than anybody else that has been considered on this board

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2020, 10:07 PM

Hes the best passing QB on the campus. If he never starts a game at State its bc he transfers. Hate to tell you but you are off on this one. I know you are the ruling authority on football for some reason but I promise you would have killed to have him start for you the past few years

Coach34
01-08-2020, 10:10 PM
I'm not saying he wont be a decent college QB. I just hope he never starts a game at State. We need a Spread Option coach and a mobile QB. I dont care how well he can throw. Stevens could throw well also- couldnt move the football when needed.

StarkVegasSteve
01-08-2020, 10:11 PM
Leach wont recruit that way and he still has won more games than anybody else that has been considered on this board

He's also been coaching 20 years longer than most people we're mentioning.

CadaverDawg
01-08-2020, 10:11 PM

Amen.

Rogers doesn't fit Napier's scheme

CadaverDawg
01-08-2020, 10:12 PM
I'm not saying he wont be a decent college QB. I just hope he never starts a game at State. We need a Spread Option coach and a mobile QB. I dont care how well he can throw. Stevens could throw well also- couldnt move the football when needed.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with Coach this much

Coach34
01-08-2020, 10:12 PM
I know you are the ruling authority on football for some reason

Well you spent alot of time 2 years ago telling us how good Moorhead was going to be on offense in the SEC. So there's that

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2020, 10:16 PM
Well you spent alot of time 2 years ago telling us how good Moorhead was going to be on offense in the SEC. So there's that

I also didnt know he was a total pud either so. I could make this bad but I actually agree with most of what you post so I'll keep it civil.

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2020, 10:17 PM
Amen.

Rogers doesn't fit Napier's scheme

Napier ran the hated Air Raid at ASU. Hate to tell yall. His QB was Mike Bercovici and they slang the shit out of it.

Edited to say it wasnt Bercovici it was Manny Wilkins and he threw it 393 times. That is not the Mullen/Malzahn spread option

CadaverDawg
01-08-2020, 10:21 PM
Napier ran the hated Air Raid at ASU. Hate to tell yall. His QB was Mike Bercovici and they slang the shit out of it.

Napier wouldn't run the air raid at State.

StarkVegasSteve
01-08-2020, 10:22 PM

But Napier has shown he can adapt his offense to his players. Leach, like Moorhead, is married to the system. Its kind of like Paul Westhead and The System, it's a blessing and a curse because it's the only way he knows.

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2020, 10:22 PM
But Napier has shown he can adapt his offense to his players. Leach, like Moorhead, is married to the system. Its kind of like Paul Westhead and The System, it's a blessing and a curse because it's the only way he knows.

He has absolutely shown he will do that and that is what good coaches do

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-08-2020, 10:31 PM
Has coach offered his thoughts on Sark? Haven't seen it anywhere.

Quaoarsking
01-09-2020, 01:16 AM
Remember that a year ago Leach took a QB who couldn't cut it at East Carolina and went 11-2 while he passed for 4700 yards.

Hambone
01-09-2020, 08:45 AM
Pump the brakes.... have y?all not seen our receivers over the last two years? IF we can get reliable receivers I could him getting 12,000 for his career. If the receivers stay at the status quo then he will end up with 8,000....

Also, I don?t think Will Rogers will be a 4 year starter. IF we get Ty Keyes or Like Altmeyer

basedog
01-09-2020, 09:30 AM
From me watching Rogers play, seems he will need a few years in the weight room, seems to be a good leader on the field but I think he will be like most QB's a work in progress.

Quaoarsking
10-17-2020, 06:14 PM
I'm going to bump this now that he's maybe (?) going to be the starter going forward this year.

Let's assume he plays 6 more games this year, and 52 over the next 4 years. All he needs is around 330 passing yards per game to get the career record. The only reason a Leach QB doesn't have it is that he likes playing upperclassmen at QB. If Rogers is our QB through 2024 (a big if, for sure), he'll almost certainly go over 19,218.

Homedawg
10-17-2020, 08:31 PM
OVER if we hire Mike Leach. According to his book, Leach has always had to hold back a little bit thanks to meddlesome boosters forcing him to call plays that don't give them the best chance to win, all because of how they ignorantly think football is "supposed" to be played.

At Mississippi State, he'll go balls to the wall 100% of the time, finally unleashing the real Mike Leach he's always wanted to be. Will Rogers is the QB he wanted badly, and may be the reason he's interested in us - he knows he can smash records with him.

Not even close ...under

msstate7
10-17-2020, 10:10 PM

Edited to say it wasnt Bercovici it was Manny Wilkins and he threw it 393 times. That is not the Mullen/Malzahn spread option

A coach that adapts. Wow, that's a novel idea

msu15
10-17-2020, 10:13 PM
Not even close ...under

What a shit bump

msstate7
10-17-2020, 10:16 PM
What a shit bump

He didn't bump it