PDA

View Full Version : I am not saying it's a done deal, I am saying....

Behrdawg
01-08-2020, 05:41 PM
That if Cohen knows what he's doing, then Mike Leach will be named our new HC.

I am not saying it's a done deal...but I do know that Mike Leach loves MS.

If it doesn't happen, then Cohen screwed up negotiations.

We will see.

chef dixon
01-08-2020, 05:43 PM
I just have a hard time believing Cohen can sit down with Leach and think that's the guy he wants to hire

hacker
01-08-2020, 05:44 PM
I ****ing hope not

DownwardDawg
01-08-2020, 05:46 PM
I may be sick

MrKotter
01-08-2020, 05:46 PM

This is so tired. None of you know what's going on so stop with the "Cohen screwed up" crap. It makes you sound like a brat.

preachermatt83
01-08-2020, 05:48 PM
I’d love it. I say right now.. I would double my contribution when we hire him

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 05:49 PM
If he hires Him then we know Cohen needs to go. So would Keenum and anyonelse who had anything else to do with it. It would be proof that we are not serious about trying to compete. All it would be is a circus for 4 years and then we would really be faced with an extremely long road back.

ScoobaDawg
01-08-2020, 05:50 PM
https://www.leftovercurrency.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/2-american-dollars-banknote-obverse-1.jpg

dantheman4248
01-08-2020, 05:51 PM
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to ScoobaDawg again.

LoneStarDawg
01-08-2020, 05:52 PM
https://www.leftovercurrency.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/2-american-dollars-banknote-obverse-1.jpg
I laughed a little too much at this!

OLJWales
01-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Leach fell in love with the way Vick Ballard "really pounds that thing " one night helping out covering our game on TV. Leach is smart enough to know not to mis use inherited talent.

Bothrops
01-08-2020, 05:56 PM
Sounds like Cohen wants to go out in style.

Quaoarsking
01-08-2020, 05:58 PM
If he hires Him then we know Cohen needs to go. So would Keenum and anyonelse who had anything else to do with it. It would be proof that we are not serious about trying to compete. All it would be is a circus for 4 years and then we would really be faced with an extremely long road back.

Leach hasn't turned any other program into a circus, quite the opposite. Texas Tech reverted back to being a circus after he left, and Washington State probably will too.

People are just being willfully ignorant on Leach. His defenses have usually been in the top half of his conference, and he does run the ball when that gives him the best chance of winning. Just look at the numbers.

msstate7
01-08-2020, 05:58 PM
I'm certainly not a leach guy, but if you look at his 2 stops at programs (TT and Wash st) that haven't won much, it's pretty impressive...

11-win season at each school once, won division same year at each

9-wins: 3 at TT, 2 at WSU

8-wins: 4 at TT, 1 at WSU

So 8 wins or more 12 times in his 18 years. Never had a losing season at TT, and he made a bowl every year there. 4 losing seasons at wash st, but 3 of those were in his first 3 seasons; 2 of his losing seasons were 6-7 with the bowl loss making it 7 losses. He's made a bowl 6 of his 8 years at WSU with 5 in a row. Bowls in 16 of his 18 seasons.

Career record = 139-90 (.61)

Quaoarsking
01-08-2020, 06:01 PM
I'm certainly not a leach guy, but if you look at his 2 stops at programs (TT and Wash st) that haven't won much, it's pretty impressive...

So 8 wins or more 12 times in his 18 years. Never had a losing season at TT, and he made a bowl every year there. 4 losing seasons at wash st, but 3 of those were in his first 3 seasons; 2 of his losing seasons were 6-7 with the bowl loss making it 7 losses. He's made a bowl 6 of his 8 years at WSU with 5 in a row. Bowls in 16 of his 18 seasons.

And dont forget his WSU predecessor literally won 6 FBS games in 4 years, so he started in an unimaginably deep hole. It was a miracle that he got them into a bowl in year 2. He missed a bowl in year 3 after his starting senior QB had catastrophic injury.

Behrdawg
01-08-2020, 06:01 PM
This is so tired. None of you know what's going on so stop with the "Cohen screwed up" crap. It makes you sound like a brat.

I don't and never have posted any kind of rumor or info unless it comes from one of our solid sources.

MrKotter
01-08-2020, 06:02 PM
I don't and never have posted any kind of rumor or info unless it comes from one of our solid sources.

Yawn

RougeDawg
01-08-2020, 06:02 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha. Just wait until someone is hired and the truth comes out. I?m not posting anything negative until the ink is dry.

Let?s just put it in baseball terms. JC is trying to Sac Bunt, down 6, with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th. That bad. We can no longer laugh at Tennessee for their debacle of a coaching search.

Tbonewannabe
01-08-2020, 06:05 PM
Not sure he would recruit well enough to survive in the SEC West.

Tbonewannabe
01-08-2020, 06:06 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha. Just wait until someone is hired and the truth comes out. I?m not posting anything negative until the ink is dry.

Let?s just put it in baseball terms. JC is trying to Sac Bunt, down 6, with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th. That bad. We can no longer laugh at Tennessee for their debacle of a coaching search.

Once we get a coach please post what went down.

dawgday166
01-08-2020, 06:07 PM

I was just now getting time to do my research on him. And I'm thinking hey, this looks pretty good actually. Wonder what he could do in our league with top-notch Dlineman??

I'm figuring we'd never have a season where we scored 16 total pts in our 4 regular season losses.

I think I'm kinda intrigued with this hire somewhat, whereas initially I was against it.

CadaverDawg
01-08-2020, 06:10 PM
Holy shit this is going to be a train wreck if we hire Leach. What a disaster.

lastmajordog
01-08-2020, 06:10 PM
wonderful.....if memory serves om beat the crap out of Leach and Gundy in those cotton bowls.......

dawgs
01-08-2020, 06:11 PM

We have more talent within 100 miles of campus than Washington st has within 500 miles. Pay shoop to stay on as DC with a lot of autonomy on that side of the ball and let leach handle his thing and I'm on board. Certainly seems like a better chance of success than most of the names I've seen mentioned. He's also not getting the call by a blue blood or the NFL between being kinda weird and being 58, and no mid-tier P5 program will really be able to pry him away with the new sec tv deals upping out budgets, so seems like he could be around for awhile if he's successful too.

Nutriaitch
01-08-2020, 06:12 PM
Leach hasn't turned any other program into a circus, quite the opposite. Texas Tech reverted back to being a circus after he left, and Washington State probably will too.

People are just being willfully ignorant on Leach. His defenses have usually been in the top half of his conference, and he does run the ball when that gives him the best chance of winning. Just look at the numbers.

i just looked at his numbers.

in 10 seasons at Wash St, the most rushing attempts he’s had in a season was 362 (2016).
only one SEC team had a season with fewer than that (348 by Vandy in ‘17).

so no, Leach doesn’t run the ball.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-08-2020, 06:13 PM

I dont know. By virtue of being in the SEC well recruit way better than Leach has at TTU or Wazzou, and Leach greatly overperforms his rosters talent level so it would be mitigated somewhat

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 06:13 PM

Every program he has been the HC has been a traveling circus while he was there.

HailStateSZN19
01-08-2020, 06:14 PM
i just looked at his numbers.

in 10 seasons at Wash St, the most rushing attempts he’s had in a season was 362 (2016).
only one SEC team had a season with fewer than that (348 by Vandy in ‘17).

so no, Leach doesn’t run the ball.

With our WR's, what could possibly go wrong?!?

Speaking of, can we borrow a few of your WR's if this happens?******

vv83
01-08-2020, 06:15 PM

i'm appalled by the support on here for it. The last thing we need after the Moorhead wreck

Fans: we hate JMo, he got us away from our identity, we're to finesse lets get back to hard nose, run it down your throat, punch you in the mouth, MSU footbal!1!!1!
also Fans: lets hire Mike Leach and his B12/P12 air raid offense which will surely be a huge success in the SEC and with all our WR talent we consistently get to campus :-))

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2020, 06:16 PM

Haven't you said that about Napier and Sark?

codeDawg
01-08-2020, 06:16 PM
Last time I thought, screw it. Hire Kiffin. At least it will be an entertaining disaster. Isn't that what we're here for, entertainment?

I'm on the same train this time. Pirate versus Joey Freshwater. Let's do this!

Cowbell
01-08-2020, 06:17 PM
You guys that are against Leach are crazy. Lubbock is the biggest hole in the wall college town there is and he turned them into something special. He recruited well to there. Heck he is already recruiting this area if you will pay attention. He and Shoop together would make a serious title run. Mark my words. He would shake things up. He's not coming here to be a bottom feeder. He would come here to get a shot at a title again.

Plus we would have entertaining press conferences again.

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 06:19 PM

Yeah, in two weak conferences that played absolutely zero defense during his time there.

Bert Stare
01-08-2020, 06:19 PM

This is a pretty good picture of the call last night with Napier

Bass Chaser
01-08-2020, 06:25 PM
Is it Cohen or the boosters who aren't willing to spend what's required to upgrade the program? Does this have anything to do with why Stricklin and Byrne left?

As said previously we're not serious.

Behrdawg
01-08-2020, 06:29 PM
Is it Cohen or the boosters who aren't willing to spend what's required to upgrade the program? Does this have anything to do with why Stricklin and Byrne left?

As said previously we're not serious.

Money isn't a problem.

Really Clark?
01-08-2020, 06:32 PM

Well now I have to disagree about running the ball. He has been dead last every year except one when he was 11th in PAC-12 in rushing yards, rushing attempts and avg yards per attempt at WSU. He averages 70% passing or greater per game and 30% or less running per game.

He had 3 ok scoring defenses at TT his first 2 seasons and his last. One really good but the other 6 years were meh to horrid. I will say his defenses at WSU from 2015-2018 were top half of the league giving up around 26-30 PPG in conference play. The rest were bad. To compare to the SEC, if you give up 27 PPG in conference games which put them in the top half of the PAC - 12, then you are ranked about 8th to 10th in our league for the same years of 2012-2019. So his best years in the PAC 12 would but him consistently in the bottom half of the SEC.

Dawgface
01-08-2020, 06:32 PM
We are a frigging joke.

dawgday166
01-08-2020, 06:33 PM

My initial reaction too. I dunno ... I'm trying to be positive and give whoever we hire a chance (and now I'm expecting almost anyone on the whole coaching landscape). The first part of next year at a minimum is gonna be tough, regardless of who the next coach is. Our fans may be wanting to fire whoever we hire within 1st 6 games of next year.

yjnkdawg
01-08-2020, 06:33 PM
I?d love it. I say right now.. I would double my contribution when we hire him

You said yesterday afternoon the meeting between Cohen and Napier was over and that we would be happy! So is this a delayed happiness or what? After you said that I heard it was an almost definite that Sark would be announced today. then I heard Sark had signed a $3.5 mil a year deal, then I heard Sark may not still be in but there is a possibility that Napier and Cohen may be meeting "again" and then throw in the pirate and so some way we should be all happy. lol. Wow! what a circus on this coaching search.

RougeDawg
01-08-2020, 06:34 PM
Once we get a coach please post what went down.

Fret not. It will happen.

For all of our sakes, let?s hope Keenum knows what went on. I suppose he does.

preachermatt83
01-08-2020, 06:35 PM
Haven't you said that about Napier and Sark?

Ummm no but I would like either of them... but the only one I?d give more of my personal change to get is leach.

DLGDawg
01-08-2020, 06:38 PM

IF this is the case, SOMONE has GOT to step in and take over this hiring. My goodness...we can not hire Mike frickin Leach.

yjnkdawg
01-08-2020, 06:39 PM
With our WR's, what could possibly go wrong?!?

Speaking of, can we borrow a few of your WR's if this happens?******

Yeah we had better have some really good wr's because we will be back like OM on the running back situation, when they couldn't run the ball or get any good running backs.

Negative Waves
01-08-2020, 06:41 PM
This is a pretty good picture of the call last night with Napier

For those saying money?s not a problem, what?s the hold up? Is Cohen putting conditions (aka micro-managing) that are untenable to the prospective hire?

HoopsDawg
Leach with a great dcoordinator would be a homerun.

Commercecomet24
Money isn't a problem.

This! The financial support and backing has been there since the get go! Of all the things going around that's the one thing that is 100% accurate. Money isn't the problem .

dawgday166
For those saying money?s not a problem, what?s the hold up? Is Cohen putting conditions (aka micro-managing) that are untenable to the prospective hire?

Ego.

Turfdawg67
01-08-2020, 06:46 PM

Just because we have the money doesn't mean we need to way overpay. It is just Billy Napier after all.

Coursesuper
01-08-2020, 06:48 PM
This! The financial support and backing has been there since the get go! Of all the things going around that's the one thing that is 100% accurate. Money isn't the problem .

Holy Shit.

DeviousDawg
01-08-2020, 06:50 PM
I read the first few replys and skipped to the end because I saw some ignorance, and I'm sick of seeing ignorance. Do I have to write a Saga explaining why the Pirate would be a Homerun hire for some of you impossible to please 17's? This would be a huge hire and would give us credibility and would be a definite "splash"(and yes splash matters, no that doesn't make us OM, it makes us a 21st century social media conscious athletic program. Maybe I need to write a saga explaining why making a splash is good for our program and doesn't make us Ole Miss). As for the ignorance around Leach(for example, "please no";"bad hire"' "please tell me this is just a bad dream", aka, anything along those lines, aka negativity towards a potentially huge hire, aka ignorance) I really don't wanna write out what you can easily find on Google, he would be a YUGGEEEE hire, and yes splash matters. We will instantly be the talk of college football, and everyone's Darkhorse SECW candidate for the foreseeable future. No, these things don't make a difference in whether Osirus Mitchell will catch a deep ball placed in his hands, but it does help recruiting, kids like splash, just the world we live in, and recruiting at a higher level will give us real P5 athletes that won't drop balls that are stuck to their gloves.

I try to stay off the boards at times like these, it's incredible how many State fans have no clue. I'm just ready for a name to be official at this point.

DeviousDawg
01-08-2020, 06:54 PM
Just because we have the money doesn't mean we need to way overpay. It is just Billy Napier after all.

It's not about overpaying, it's about paying what other SEC teams pay for legitimate P5 coaches. We paid JoMo less than $3,000,000 a year to start, that's not being thrifty, that's dropping a $100 down the drain to save a falling penny. Imagine if we had paid up and got a real coach 2 years ago, we wouldn't be here. It's ok to get things wrong, it's not ok to get the same thing wrong twice.

Dawgology
01-08-2020, 06:55 PM
I read the first few replys and skipped to the end because I saw some ignorance, and I'm sick of seeing ignorance. Do I have to write a Saga explaining why the Pirate would be a Homerun hire for some of you impossible to please 17's? This would be a huge hire and would give us credibility and would be a definite "splash"(and yes splash matters, no that doesn't make us OM, it makes us a 21st century social media conscious athletic program. Maybe I need to write a saga explaining why making a splash is good for our program and doesn't make us Ole Miss). As for the ignorance around Leach(for example, "please no";"bad hire"' "please tell me this is just a bad dream", aka, anything along those lines, aka negativity towards a potentially huge hire, aka ignorance) I really don't wanna write out what you can easily find on Google, he would be a YUGGEEEE hire, and yes splash matters. We will instantly be the talk of college football, and everyone's Darkhorse SECW candidate for the foreseeable future. No, these things don't make a difference in whether Osirus Mitchell will catch a deep ball placed in his hands, but it does help recruiting, kids like splash, just the world we live in, and recruiting at a higher level will give us real P5 athletes that won't drop balls that are stuck to their gloves.

I try to stay off the boards at times like these, it's incredible how many State fans have no clue. I'm just ready for a name to be official at this point.

You may have started convincing me on Leach. How do you think he would work on the recruiting trail with Mississippi and Alabama moms and dads?

Commercecomet24
01-08-2020, 06:56 PM
It's not about overpaying, it's about paying what other SEC teams pay for legitimate P5 coaches. We paid JoMo less than $3,000,000 a year to start, that's not being thrifty, that's dropping a $100 down the drain to save a falling penny. Imagine if we had paid up and got a real coach 2 years ago, we wouldn't be here. It's ok to get things wrong, it's not ok to get the same thing wrong twice.

Yes yes yes! this is an arms am race and if you want to run in the tall weeds with the big dogs it's gonna cost you.

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2020, 07:57 PM

18 years 16 bowls.

Took over the triple option Texas Tech team and they won.

Took over a 1-11ish WSU program and won.

He is a winner and no matter what else you want to say about him, you have to admit that or you are the one that needs to go

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2020, 08:07 PM
Every program he has been the HC has been a traveling circus while he was there.

Washington State is a traveling circus? If it doesnt snow in the Washington game year before last they are in the playoff as Pac 12 champs.

It doesnt matter who we hire some of yall will find something wrong with him. Leach has won. There are risks but every single candidate has risks. I'd rather have a risky proven winner than a risky unproven coach

Mobile Bay
01-08-2020, 08:08 PM
To hell with it, I'm in. Some friends of mine at State had a saying. Nuts in hand and go for the rail. No risk, no reward. It's basically the offensive version of the Joe Lee Dunn defense.

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 08:09 PM
18 years 16 bowls.

Took over the triple option Texas Tech team and they won.

Took over a 1-11ish WSU program and won.

He is a winner and no matter what else you want to say about him, you have to admit that or you are the one that needs to go

He is a circus side show. He has won in weak leagues that don't play defense. It won't fly in the SEC.

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2020, 08:09 PM
If anyone in the country was a traveling circus it was Mississippi State and Joe Moorhead.

I dont remember Graham Harrell or Minshew getting their face broken. I dont remember Leach putting up 16 points and about 4 pts per game in conference play.

I dont remember Leach having half the team suspended or hurt. I dont remember Leach talking about heismans or nattys and then pointing the finger at WSU fans for expecting better.

Get over yalls selves. Who tf do yall want? Vince Lombardi?

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 08:12 PM
Washington State is a traveling circus? If it doesnt snow in the Washington game year before last they are in the playoff as Pac 12 champs.

It doesnt matter who we hire some of yall will find something wrong with him. Leach has won. There are risks but every single candidate has risks. I'd rather have a risky proven winner than a risky unproven coach

They didn't win. Leech MAY win, and he VERY WELL, may not in the SEC. He would be the SAFE hire, not the one that would try to actually compete for on a regular basis. If Mullen type winning is your goal then he is your man, the safe bet. If you want to try to do something better, he is a circus. I thought trying to do better is why we fired Moorhead.

defiantdog
01-08-2020, 08:13 PM
He is a circus side show. He has won in weak leagues that don't play defense. It won't fly in the SEC.
At least it would be a fun ride

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 08:14 PM
If anyone in the country was a traveling circus it was Mississippi State and Joe Moorhead.

I dont remember Graham Harrell or Minshew getting their face broken. I dont remember Leach putting up 16 points and about 4 pts per game in conference play.

I dont remember Leach having half the team suspended or hurt. I dont remember Leach talking about heismans or nattys and then pointing the finger at WSU fans for expecting better.

A coach that has a punchers chance to take us to the next level who isn't something of a court jester nationally. THAT is what Leech is.

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 08:15 PM

Same was said when he and Mumme went to Kentucky. They set all kind of records

DownwardDawg

No. We want a hard nosed coach that plays defense, ST, and runs a running spread similar to Mullen/Malzahn. Extreme attention to strength and conditioning.

dawgday166
They didn't win. Leech MAY win, and he VERY WELL, may not in the SEC. He would be the SAFE hire, not the one that would try to actually compete for on a regular basis. If Mullen type winning is your goal then he is your man, the safe bet. If you want to try to do something better, he is a circus. I thought trying to do better is why we fired Moorhead.

We got rid of Moorhead cause there was no way he'd ever achieve Mullen type winning at MSU. Or anywhere else that's not a blue blood either IMO.

Liverpooldawg
At least it would be a fun ride

I seriously doubt that. Getting the score run up on you regularly and then cracking jokes isn't that funny, at least to me.

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 08:16 PM

They didn't last very long and it didn't end well either.

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 08:17 PM
We got rid of Moorhead cause there was no way he'd ever achieve Mullen type winning at MSU. Or anywhere else that's not a blue blood either IMO.

Moorhead turned in two very Mullen like seasons. I know it's not allowed to say that here but it's the truth.

CadaverDawg
01-08-2020, 08:17 PM
I can't even picture Cohen having a conversation with Leach, much less hiring that goofy bastard. I 1000% dont see Leach happening. I bet Cohen thinks he's a dope

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 08:19 PM
No. We want a hard nosed coach that plays defense, ST, and runs a running spread similar to Mullen/Malzahn. Extreme attention to strength and conditioning.

Leach is a big S&C guy. Read Swing Your Sword. It details it

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 08:20 PM

Leach left and went to Oklahoma, set more records and then went to TT

dawgday166
01-08-2020, 08:20 PM
Moorhead turned in two very Mullen like seasons. I know it's not allowed to say that here but it's the truth.

Bull ... Mullen wins 2 more games at a minimum in each of the last 2 years. In 2018 he wins minimum 10 games regular season and LSU is one of those. KY might've gotten him early and caught him off guard tho. If not, he probably wins 11 regular season.

Not gonna argue with you on it all damn night long. Just keep believing what you'd like to.

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 08:21 PM
We just fired Joe in part because he tried to throw the ball WAY too much at times. Now y'all want to go full air raid. Insanity.

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 08:22 PM
Bull ... Mullen wins 2 more games at a minimum in each of the last 2 years. In 2018 he wins minimum 10 games regular season and LSU is one of those. KY might've gotten him early and caught him off guard tho. If not, he probably wins 11 regular season.

Not gonna argue with you on it all damn night long. Just keep believing what you'd like to.

Maybe, maybe not. The records were both very Mullen like. You CAN'T argue with me on that.

Commercecomet24
01-08-2020, 08:23 PM

Yep. Best record they had at uk was 7-5. They went 7-5 and 6-6 with Leach as oc there so they didn't win big just average. And I like Leach just not for us.

Turfdawg67
01-08-2020, 08:24 PM

Except win-losses.

ETA... Bring on the 55-58 games! Yee Haw!

dawgday166
01-08-2020, 08:26 PM
Maybe, maybe not. The records were both very Mullen like. You CAN'T argue with me on that.

Aight ... I'll agree to the records. But I'll also add that Mullen developed the talent for most part. Not sure Moorhead can develop talent or not and as of now ... I'm guessing not.

shrimp
01-08-2020, 08:27 PM

Great book.

gravedigger
01-08-2020, 08:29 PM

You also don't pay 40000 for a used car because you want to say you drive an expensive car.

OLJWales
01-08-2020, 08:29 PM

He doesn't tolerate "fat little girlfriends"

Quaoarsking
01-08-2020, 08:30 PM
We just fired Joe in part because he tried to throw the ball WAY too much at times. Now y'all want to go full air raid. Insanity.

No we didn't, we fired him because our teams had no discipline and off the field issues. If not for those, he would still be our coach, even with the same 14-12 record and Run/Pass ratio.

Turfdawg67

Dumbest post ever. Our teams looked pathetic, sans 2-3 games, every time we took the field for 2 years. I'd take Mullen's 5-7 (2009) year over 2018 & 2019. Every day...

Quaoarsking
Great book.

Same. I would love to read a sequel about his time at Wazzu and a threequel about how he led Mississippi State to a national title.

DeviousDawg
01-08-2020, 08:31 PM

Dude, you are so wrong. Not even worth explaining.

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 08:33 PM
No we didn't, we fired him because our teams had no discipline and off the field issues. If not for those, he would still be our coach, even with the same 14-12 record and Run/Pass ratio.

Yep, and the difference is under Leach we wouldn't try to hold the ball for 5 seconds every play making reads. The beauty of what Leach does is it's simplicity.

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 08:35 PM
Except win-losses.

ETA... Bring on the 55-58 games! Yee Haw!

They won at Kentucky with players recruited to play in the damn I bone. For Kentucky, the wins were big. You don't remeber how bad Ky football was when they got there?

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 08:37 PM
Same. I would love to read a sequel about his time at Wazzu and a threequel about how he led Mississippi State to a national title.

Read Perfect Pass. It's the story of Mumme and Leach and how they did what they did. One of the best football books ever

Commercecomet24
01-08-2020, 08:38 PM
Yep, and the difference is under Leach we wouldn't try to hold the ball for 5 seconds every play making reads. The beauty of what Leach does is it's simplicity.

I do love this part about his offense. Quick and decisive, very few plays to learn just same plays over and over and over run out of different formations and execution.

Santiago
01-08-2020, 08:48 PM

or in 4 years we start building our own coaching tree off of him, developing assistants that learn it, and tweak it and we start developing our own type of coaches for our system.

Santiago
01-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Well now I have to disagree about running the ball. He has been dead last every year except one when he was 11th in PAC-12 in rushing yards, rushing attempts and avg yards per attempt at WSU. He averages 70% passing or greater per game and 30% or less running per game.

He had 3 ok scoring defenses at TT his first 2 seasons and his last. One really good but the other 6 years were meh to horrid. I will say his defenses at WSU from 2015-2018 were top half of the league giving up around 26-30 PPG in conference play. The rest were bad. To compare to the SEC, if you give up 27 PPG in conference games which put them in the top half of the PAC - 12, then you are ranked about 8th to 10th in our league for the same years of 2012-2019. So his best years in the PAC 12 would but him consistently in the bottom half of the SEC.

These stats do tell the truth - but for me ...now look at where the schools he coached were located on a google map, and the proximity to any decent recruiting base. It was a few hours to get to the metroplex - the closest area - where those recruits have TCU, SMU, Baylor, Oklahoma, UT, A&M just as close or in the backyard. He put these stats at schools that were nothing before he was there or after.

Quaoarsking
01-08-2020, 09:05 PM
He did run the ball some at Texas Tech when it made sense with his personnel though:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Batch

My point is not that "oh, Leach actually does like to run after all," it's "Leach will run the ball if that's what the talent on the team suggests is the best way to win." That hasn't been the case at Washington State, but it was some at Texas Tech. If Leach and Kylin Hill are both here next year, Leach will utilize him (both in runs and catching passes) if our WRs aren't ready to catch yet.

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2020, 09:36 PM
A coach that has a punchers chance to take us to the next level who isn't something of a court jester nationally. THAT is what Leech is.

Dude I cant even comprehend that.

You are so wrong I aint even about to waste my time arguing with you. On one hand you are the biggest excuse maker on the board, then the other you wont hire a guy bc you personally, dont like him.

You have given 0 reason why he is a court jester you are just arguing just to argue. Leach is a winner. I will take a winning court jester over a losing excuse maker every single time

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2020, 09:38 PM

Who didnt win? Washington State?

Are you high?

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2020, 09:41 PM

Ok so you want Dan Mullen. He aint coming.

Leach has never had the problems Moorhead had in his 18 years of being a HC. Leach won a whole hell of a lot more than him and I'd say his percentage is better or pretty close to Dan Mullen.

Yall are just mad bc you dont like Leach. I love MS and the south as much or more than anyone but just bc he aint from down here dont mean he wont win. Leach is the most proven HC we can get right now. He is a sitting P5 winning HC. Yall are moving goalposts faster than Bert Stare

Commercecomet24
01-08-2020, 09:45 PM
If it's Leach I Sure am glad Guidry is gone. I hated his 3-4 drops a game In JoMo offense if he played in leachs offense it would be 8-10 a game lol!

Mjoelner34
01-08-2020, 09:45 PM
Leach >>> Sark

Behrdawg
01-09-2020, 02:17 PM
Time for you boys to accept it and get on board. This is going to be a lot of fun and I think many of you will be surprised with what Coach Leach achieves.

gtowndawg
01-09-2020, 02:30 PM
Mike Leach huh?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/PNjRQH2xSrBNC/giphy.gif

gtowndawg
01-09-2020, 02:31 PM
double post from slow server. Sorry.

PMDawg
01-09-2020, 02:45 PM
I can't even picture Cohen having a conversation with Leach, much less hiring that goofy bastard. I 1000% dont see Leach happening. I bet Cohen thinks he's a dope

Sorry C, this was too funny not to bump it.

Political Hack
01-09-2020, 03:14 PM
2020 Head Coaching Search
Final Score:
Elitedawgs - 1
Bert Stare - 0

bulldawg28
01-09-2020, 03:17 PM
2020 Head Coaching Search
Final Score:
Elitedawgs - 1
Bert Stare - 0

Lol..elite strikes again.

Behrdawg
01-09-2020, 03:27 PM
Lol..elite strikes again.

Again, none of us will ever post anything that we aren’t confident in posting. I’m not saying we will always be right, but I am saying that we will be right more often than not.

MrKotter
01-09-2020, 03:44 PM
That if Cohen knows what he's doing, then Mike Leach will be named our new HC.

I am not saying it's a done deal...but I do know that Mike Leach loves MS.

We will see.

Never thought it would be Leach but you called it. Well done