01-08-2020, 04:23 PM
I?d give my pinky finger if this were true

Dawgface
01-08-2020, 04:25 PM
BS.

DeputyDawg94
01-08-2020, 04:25 PM
Where are the ****** at?

If true then holy shit!! We?d be better off with oh I don?t know, anybody else.

fader2103
01-08-2020, 04:30 PM
well here comes Top 50 recruiting classes

mparkerfd20
01-08-2020, 04:32 PM
Bullshit

PMDawg
01-08-2020, 04:33 PM
He's just following Dellinger. Will never happen.

Commercecomet24
01-08-2020, 04:38 PM
Mike Leach is extremely entertaining and I love how he just does his own thing. That being said what QBs and WRs on our roster are capable of running his offense? Will Rogers is more of pro style than anyone we have right now but he'll be a true freshman and we still don't have the type WRs that Leach needs and top that off with the fact that his teams never really play defense and it's a recipe for disaster. He would make a splash and be entertaining but he's not a fit for us just like the one we just fired.

Santiago
01-08-2020, 04:39 PM
He has Rogers here, the QB he wanted at Wazzou, and I would bet we pull a needed receiver in the final Feb class with this. Not to mention the possible coaching tree if an OC comes and learns off it as possible replacement coach.
He coaches at outposts where there are no players even remotely in 100 miles of the schools. Put him in MS with this system, a good DC and we are much better off long term.

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 04:41 PM
I seriously doubt it. If it's true, we MIGHT win 4 games next year, if we are lucky. It will be a disaster on an Arkansas scale.

Quaoarsking
01-08-2020, 04:42 PM
So Leach is simultaneously unable to recruit, but also relies on high caliber QBs and WRs to run his offense. 🤔🤔

Pick a criticism, it can't be both or he wouldn't be so consistently successful.

Santiago
01-08-2020, 04:43 PM
It does not take long to get rolling in his system. I followed him for years at Tech. And recruits will come fast on the Offense. Get a good DC to keep the defense rolling.
He recruited Rogers hard to Wazzou.
Tech has never been close to the teams he had there. Wazzou is in nowhere, and he got players to come there based on reputation.

Mjoelner34
01-08-2020, 04:43 PM
We may not win on Saturdays but we would most assuredly win on Mondays when it was press conference time. Unfortunately out of the 57 bowls we have now, there is no Press Conference Bowl.

preachermatt83
01-08-2020, 04:45 PM
So Leach is simultaneously unable to recruit, but also relies on high caliber QBs and WRs to run his offense. 🤔🤔

Pick a criticism, it can't be both or he wouldn't be so consistently successful.

Haha!! Exactly!!

Commercecomet24
01-08-2020, 04:50 PM
He's been successful in the Big 12 and the Pac 12 not in the SEC, big difference there. He would be going up against totally different defenses here in the SEC. I love Leach and he's a brilliant offensive coach but imo it's not a fit for us.

Dawgology
NM

What a terrible idea that would be. Can you see Leach sitting in a home is Mississippi trying to talk to momma and daddy. I mean....hahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahah

Although I would love to sit down and have a beer with him and talk Star Wars.

TrapGame
DISASTER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!!!!

Not only no, but HELL NO!

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2020, 04:52 PM
What does intrigue me about Leach is the highest rated recruiting classes he's ever had is 46.

If we surrounded him with enough recruiters to get top 30 classes, what could he do?

You call him a bad recruiter, but he's never coached at a school that wasn't in the middle of nowhere or that he could recruit to.

It's fascinating think what could be possible. He's never played defense, but he's never had the defensive players he would at MSU.

DeputyDawg94
01-08-2020, 04:53 PM
He doesn’t care about defense. If he did surely he could have gotten a decent DC at some point over the years. If he had he would have won a lot more games. Seems he’d rather win 62-60 than to win 62-21. Btw he ain’t scoring 62 on a bad SEC defense much less the top ones. I can’t see him working out here.

Matt3467
01-08-2020, 04:54 PM
What does intrigue me about Leach is the highest rated recruiting classes he's ever had is 46.

If we surrounded him with enough recruiters to get top 30 classes, what could he do?

You call him a bad recruiter, but he's never coached at a school that wasn't in the middle of nowhere or that he could recruit.

It's fascinating think what could be possible. He's never played defense, but he's never had the defensive players he would at MSU.

You're telling me he's never had a recruiting class at Texas Tech higher than 46?

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2020, 04:55 PM
He doesn’t care about defense. If he did surely he could have gotten a decent DC at some point over the years. If he had he would have won a lot more games. Seems he’d rather win 62-60 than to win 62-21. Btw he ain’t scoring 62 on a bad SEC defense much less the top ones. I can’t see him working out here.

His best recruiting class in his career was ranked 46th.

Find a team with those types of classes that can play defense. Defense is about speed and athleticism and he's never had those types of players. At MSU he would.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2020, 04:57 PM
You're telling me he's never had a recruiting class at Texas Tech higher than 46?

Correct. He's never had the talent to play defense.

Texas Tech is in the middle of nowhere. Tough to recruit to unless you're just wanting white boys that can run an offense like Wes Welker

DownwardDawg
01-08-2020, 05:00 PM
Lol. Another wild story.

Commercecomet24
01-08-2020, 05:02 PM
Leach has had plenty of opportunities to coach in the SEC and always turned them down. He's an extremely intelligent man.

Cooterpoot
01-08-2020, 05:05 PM
Leach isn't the answer.

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 05:06 PM
He's been successful in the Big 12 and the Pac 12 not in the SEC, big difference there. He would be going up against totally different defenses here in the SEC. I love Leach and he's a brilliant offensive coach but imo it's not a fit for us.

He's coached in the SEC before. And was very successful. So much so that Stoops hired him when he got the HC at Oklahoma because he couldn't stop Leach while the DC at Florida.

Santiago
01-08-2020, 05:07 PM
He does not rely on high level anything. But if he was to coach somewhere not at a far outpost like Lubbock or Pullman, he would have an even better team. He really has not ever been where hes on a fair playing field in that respect.

Commercecomet24
01-08-2020, 05:08 PM
He's coached in the SEC before. And was very successful. So much so that Stoops hired him when he got the HC at Oklahoma because he couldn't stop Leach while the DC at Florida.

You mean when he was at UK with Mumme? Yeah they had some success but he wasn't the HC and was only there for 2 years.There's a reason he hasn't taken a HC job in the SEC. Like I said he's very intelligent.

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 05:09 PM

Find a team with those types of classes that can play defense. Defense is about speed and athleticism and he's never had those types of players. At MSU he would.

I'd say that's a plus. That he can win with that type recruiting. Does more with less, which is what has to be done at a place like State. Not saying he's my choice, but never doubt the man can't coach

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 05:10 PM
You mean when he was at UK with Mumme? Yeah they had some success but he wasn't the HC and was only there for 2 years.There's a reason he hasn't taken a HC job in the SEC. Like I said he's very intelligent.

He called every play at Ky. Mumme never had the offenses post Leach that he did with Leach.

Commercecomet24
01-08-2020, 05:11 PM

And please don't get me wrong I really like Leach and think he's a brilliant offensive Coach. I always watch his teams play because there entertaining and fun but I personally don't think he fits MSU. Just my opinion.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2020, 05:12 PM
I'd say that's a plus. That he can win with that type recruiting. Does more with less, which is what has to be done at a place like State. Not saying he's my choice, but never doubt the man can't coach

I agree. I think there's a pretty chance it would work if we helped him get the staff right.

Matt3467
01-08-2020, 05:13 PM

'09 class - 39th (247) 33rd (Rivals)
'08 class - 45th (Rivals)
'07 class - 42nd (247) 53rd (Rivals)
'06 class - 28th (247) 25th (Rivals)
'05 class - 38th (247) 37th (Rivals)
'04 class - 39th (247) 33rd (Rivals)
'03 class - 43rd (Rivals)
'02 class - 47th (Rivals)

He recruited fine at Tech. I couldn't find data pre '02 but besides that he had one class below 46 at Tech. Now Wash St is another story but when has Wash St in the last few decades ever recruited well? I don't believe they've recruited highly since before Ryan Leaf. I'm impressed with what the guy has been able to accomplish at Wash St. He's a winner.

Cloak
01-08-2020, 05:13 PM
Leach would be awesome, but it ain't happening

DeputyDawg94
01-08-2020, 05:16 PM
He’s been in two defense optional leagues. Can’t have that mindset here. Nobody can convince me he’s willing to change. He’d have to prove that on his own. Like I said earlier, in all the years he’s been coaching he hasn’t done anything defensively. He could have lucked into a decent defense at some point you’d think.

Santiago
01-08-2020, 05:21 PM

He has never turned down a HC offer to the SEC. He wants in the SEC. An when I lived in TX, he would make comments about wanting it. He wants the southern players in his system.

Commercecomet24
01-08-2020, 05:23 PM
He has never turned down a HC offer to the SEC. He wants in the SEC. An when I lived in TX, he would make comments about wanting it. He wants the southern players in his system.

Tell Tennessee that

confucius say
01-08-2020, 05:23 PM
Don't want

Santiago
01-08-2020, 05:25 PM
Tell Tennessee that

Tell them what?? They need to be told alot of things. Where do we start

trojandawg
01-08-2020, 05:27 PM
If that's the case which I don't believe it is. Talk about a bad fit for MSu. Great for press conferences. But I just don't see him getting along with Cohen at all. Not to mention this will be a complete rebuild to go to an air raid offense. You think you were frustrated watching the moorhead offense for two years? Wait until you sit through three years of waiting for this to develop. SEC defensive lines and secondary are licking their chops about the idea of this.

He would be fun to hang out with and discuss crazy things. He is always funny as long as he isn't your coach. He is the guy that you go hang out and party with but you definitely want to part ways with at a certain point in the night.

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 05:29 PM
He’s been in two defense optional leagues. Can’t have that mindset here. Nobody can convince me he’s willing to change. He’d have to prove that on his own. Like I said earlier, in all the years he’s been coaching he hasn’t done anything defensively. He could have lucked into a decent defense at some point you’d think.

Again, not saying he is my choice, but when he and Mumme went to Ky, everybody laughed their asses off and said that gimmick offense wouldn't work in the SEC. That they were D2 coaches with a D2 offense the SEC defenses would eat alive.

They promptly started breaking every offensive record in the SEC and ushered in a new era of offenses in the SEC. Look at the league now. Except for Georgia, every team in the SEC uses a lot of their concepts. Georgia probably does in their shotgun packages.

The NFL is using it. The Pats have used the hell out of it.

Commercecomet24
01-08-2020, 05:29 PM
Tell them what?? They need to be told alot of things. Where do we start

From Leach own lips when interviewed by Ut AD Currie. "I'm happy at Washington State" he turned down ut in 2017 and he's been on just about every sec teams list of HC prospects when looking for a new HC in last 5 years

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 05:36 PM
If that's the case which I don't believe it is. Talk about a bad fit for MSu. Great for press conferences. But I just don't see him getting along with Cohen at all. Not to mention this will be a complete rebuild to go to an air raid offense. You think you were frustrated watching the moorhead offense for two years? Wait until you sit through three years of waiting for this to develop. SEC defensive lines and secondary are licking their chops about the idea of this.

He would be fun to hang out with and discuss crazy things. He is always funny as long as he isn't your coach. He is the guy that you go hang out and party with but you definitely want to part ways with at a certain point in the night.

Bet you a steak dinner at the restaurant of your choice if Leach was named the HC, State would pass for at least one of the top 3 seasons we ever had.

Matt3467
01-08-2020, 05:37 PM
If I can't have Freeze then give me Leach.

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 05:38 PM
From Leach own lips when interviewed by Ut AD Currie. "I'm happy at Washington State" he turned down ut in 2017 and he's been on just about every sec teams list of HC prospects when looking for a new HC in last 5 years

If I remember right, Tenn's AD was gonna offer him the job and the president nixed it. The cell phones records indicated Leach was gonna take it. They called the AD back and fired him when he got back to Knoxville

Matt3467
01-08-2020, 05:39 PM
If I remember right, Tenn's AD was gonna offer him the job and the president nixed it. The cell phones records indicated Leach was gonna take it. They called the AD back and fired him when he got back to Knoxville

Yep I remember that. AD was fired for wanting Leach.

DeputyDawg94
01-08-2020, 05:42 PM
I don’t question his offensive numbers. The formula to win at State is to have a good defense. He’d have to prove he can have a good defense. I’d take him over Chiz 10 times out of 10 tho.

Quaoarsking
01-08-2020, 05:43 PM
https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2781685?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15785233716647&amp_ct=1578523390680&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2F sports%2Fncaaf%2F2013%2F09%2F08%2Fwashington-state-cougars-usc-trojans-upset%2F2781685%2F

Bbbbut Leach doesn't play defense1111!

Nutriaitch
01-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Yep I remember that. AD was fired for wanting Leach.

The Schiano fiasco played a part in his firing too.
When they decided to fire him, they mixed Leach so the new AD (who ended up being Fat Phil) could choose his own guy.

Tennessee is a shitshow inside a dumpster fire.

dantheman4248
01-08-2020, 05:48 PM
Give me Leach with a DC that he relinquishes total control to (Shoop, Grantham, etc.) and we pay that DC 2 mil or so. Leach 4.5 mil. The rest should work itself out as long as micromanager doesn't take hold and cause arguments.

DeputyDawg94
01-08-2020, 06:39 PM
https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2781685?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15785233716647&_ct=1578523390680&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fspo rts%2Fncaaf%2F2013%2F09%2F08%2Fwashington-state-cougars-usc-trojans-upset%2F2781685%2F

Bbbbut Leach doesn't play defense1111!
If one game counts them we should have kept joe. He did beat Auburn once.

DeputyDawg94
01-08-2020, 06:41 PM
Give me Leach with a DC that he relinquishes total control to (Shoop, Grantham, etc.) and we pay that DC 2 mil or so. Leach 4.5 mil. The rest should work itself out as long as micromanager doesn't take hold and cause arguments.

That I could get behind.
The same way I could get behind Grantham if he was given $ to hire a top notch OC and turn it completely over to him.

Desoto1967
12-13-2022, 12:29 PM
BUMP

Catfish
12-13-2022, 12:41 PM
BUMP

Well played Desoto, well played.

PMDawg
12-13-2022, 12:50 PM
Well played Desoto, well played.

Not really. Kind of an ass thing to do. I stuck my foot in my mouth and said he would never come here, but oh well. There are a lot of comments in here that I doubt people want dragged up on the day they're mourning for the man and his family. Childish and petty.

Extendedcab
12-13-2022, 01:05 PM
Not really. Kind of an ass thing to do. I stuck my foot in my mouth and said he would never come here, but oh well. There are a lot of comments in here that I doubt people want dragged up on the day they're mourning for the man and his family. Childish and petty.

I agree, why bring this up now? Is there some ax to grind?