PDA

View Full Version : (Serious this time) I'm hearing...

Randolph Dupree
01-08-2020, 02:21 PM
Sark is our guy if we want him but we won't pay. I don't know if it's we won't pay his salary, assistants, recruiting etc. but was told we won't meet what he thinks he needs.

Holy hell, we've got issues when we don't want (or can't) afford to hire a G5 coach or an OC. I don't even know what else to say...

smootness
01-08-2020, 02:27 PM
I don't believe that.

Santiago
Who is his agent? Sexton? There is a point where we do not get taken advantage of.

Mobile Bay
Unless Sark is asking for Saban money or something stupid.

Coursesuper
01-08-2020, 02:30 PM
I don't believe that.

Fine don't but you'd be wrong.

Really Clark?
01-08-2020, 02:31 PM
Who is his agent? Sexton? There is a point where we do not get taken advantage of.

That?s correct

smootness
01-08-2020, 02:31 PM
Fine don't but you'd be wrong.

K

RiverCityDawg
01-08-2020, 02:34 PM
Or maybe it's just a negotiation and we'll get there eventually.

StoneDawg
01-08-2020, 02:38 PM
I don't believe that.

Me either

JoseBrown
01-08-2020, 02:39 PM
I saw earlier Rosie was walking it back too. I believe it! Come on Cohen, you gotta pay if you want to pay!! He should've learned from Croomhead. He didn't pay shit and had to fire his ass! Gotta pay to play! Go back and get Napier Mr. IB Cohen!!

Irondawg
01-08-2020, 02:42 PM
The fact that it's come up about a thousand time with every coach makes me thing there are people just throwing that out there constantly. We heard it with Napier initially, etc.

Unless it's just ridiculous I think we will offer a fair package for HC and assistants that is close to league average, especially with cost of living factored in. There are going to be back and forth in negotiations and while I can believe names leak out from various sources, I highly doubt information about the money side leak out very often unless one side walks away and decides to bad mouth the other side.

Big4Dawg
01-08-2020, 02:43 PM
I really hope Cohen isn't f'ing around and being a penny pincher. Is $1M really that much to the athletic budget?

DownwardDawg
01-08-2020, 02:45 PM
Lol at these stories!! You were lied to man.

WinningIsRelentless
01-08-2020, 02:46 PM
I saw earlier Rosie was walking it back too. I believe it! Come on Cohen, you gotta pay if you want to pay!! He should've learned from Croomhead. He didn't pay shit and had to fire his ass! Gotta pay to play! Go back and get Napier Mr. IB Cohen!!

Then call Cohen and or the bulldog club up and pledge an extra million dollars a year to pay the coaches.

MrKotter
01-08-2020, 02:48 PM
Sark is our guy if we want him but we won't pay. I don't know if it's we won't pay his salary, assistants, recruiting etc. but was told we won't meet what he thinks he needs.

Holy hell, we've got issues when we don't want (or can't) afford to hire a G5 coach or an OC. I don't even know what else to say...
Whoever your "source" is gets their info from Twitter and twist it to suit a narrative. Quit being gullible. The "we won't pay" line is not true and has been beaten to death

HancockCountyDog
01-08-2020, 02:57 PM
Lets remember we hired Moorhead two years ago and paid him 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9 million in the initial contract.

Would I be surprised if we tried to hire another current OC for around 3.0 million two years later? Probably not. I'm not sure how much Sark is making but I would assume it is north of a million. I would also expect him to make more than his little brother in oxford.

OLJWales
01-08-2020, 03:10 PM
Are we not way down towards the bottom of the SEC regarding total compensation for the football staff? Would love to see that change if so. We've obviously got the money to be mid tier at least. Do our stockholders care more about profit margins or having quality coaching resulting in more wins? 1/2 assed money's gonna get you 1/2 assed performance.

Really Clark?
01-08-2020, 03:11 PM
Lets remember we hired Moorhead two years ago and paid him 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9 million in the initial contract.

Would I be surprised if we tried to hire another current OC for around 3.0 million two years later? Probably not. I'm not sure how much Sark is making but I would assume it is north of a million. I would also expect him to make more than his little brother in oxford.

$1.55 to 1.7 MIL (possible bonus added to $1.55)

smootness
01-08-2020, 03:13 PM
Are we not way down towards the bottom of the SEC regarding total compensation for the football staff? Would love to see that change if so. We've obviously got the money to be mid tier at least. Do our stockholders care more about profit margins or having quality coaching resulting in more wins? 1/2 assed money's gonna get you 1/2 assed performance.

Do we? We have less money overall than any other program in the West, and only Mizzou and Vandy have less in the East.

Cooterpoot
01-08-2020, 03:15 PM
Pay isn't what's holding things up with Sark.

shrimp
01-08-2020, 05:27 PM
Then what is?

Pay isn't what's holding things up with Sark.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-08-2020, 05:29 PM
Then what is?

I have no insider info but my guess would be were still trying to get Napier. If we truly feel like that's out. Sark is #2

Homedawg
01-08-2020, 05:34 PM

This is total bs. First, Money isn't an issue. Second, if it was, and it absolutely isn't, who told you that? Jc told your source he was going cheap? No. I repeat false, not true, bull shit.

ILOATHEBears
01-08-2020, 05:37 PM
Then what is?

An extreme vetting process and background check

Nutriaitch
01-08-2020, 05:40 PM
Do we? We have less money overall than any other program in the West, and only Mizzou and Vandy have less in the East.

Vandy has money.
Their endowment is 2nd largest in the conference behind only A&M.

they just don?t spend it on athletics.