PDA

View Full Version : Just saying, IF...

Okrastar1
01-08-2020, 12:12 PM
If Sarkisian is your option 5,6,or 7 going into this search, then you don't need to fire your coach no matter how bad it is! Sark is a horrendous option! I keep hearing everyone comparing him to Mullen(NOT EVEN CLOSE), the only thing they have in common at this point is they are OC at a large SEC school nothing more. How in the hell do you possible sell a alcoholic(i get it people change, but not completely) to parents, knowing he was freaking sauced up DURING games as a HC? He was a mehhh coach in the PAC-12, the freaking PAC-12 people! Everyone wants to throw Alabama out as a sample, piss with that much talent on the field we could only practice once a week and be the best offense State has ever seen come saturdays! Also a pro style offense is damn near not an option at state, no true way to recruit to that gameplan unless we went to the Freeze method($$$) and hell you are still 3-4 yrs out on a viable competitive pro style team even with that. If we made this hire it would absolutely reeks of desperation, especially when there are many better options to throw 4-5 mil at if you are hooking up to that caboose.

I'm so sick and damn tired of hearing how well someone interviews, that has about 10% of what you need in a coach. I just cant see what the vision of this Athletic Dept is most of the time? We get it its all about winning, but as a season ticket holder for a few years and a State fan for almost 25-30 I just have never seen a team hit the field for State that looked more out of shape physically, unmotivated, unprepared, and just sheer didn't half ass give a shit... And I swear thats what it looks like we will wind up with for the next 3-5 years if its Sark... State needs someone who is a no bullshit, hardass and i can promise you now Sark is a another Moorehead carbon copy, except with skeletons from the past dragging with him.

I pray we just have absolutely no clue what is going on behind the scenes (as fans) and everything is ok, but man does this search look bad... If Sark was hired, I think I would be even less likely to get season tickets again than if Moorehead were still here! #PleaseDearLordLetBertBeRight!

Homedawg
01-08-2020, 12:14 PM
I don't care who we end up hiring, we had no choice, jomo had to go. No other option.

Okrastar1
01-08-2020, 12:21 PM
No i 1,000,000,000% agree with that, but if you are getting JOMO 2.0, but has baggage. what did you accomplish? My point was if Sark is option 5 or 6, you need severe help...

confucius say
01-08-2020, 12:22 PM
I don't care who we end up hiring, we had no choice, jomo had to go. No other option.

Im with homedawg on this one. It had gotten absolutely horrible. No name Ive heard seriously floated would be worse than keeping what we had.

smootness
01-08-2020, 12:25 PM
He is JOMO 2.0....based on what?

I'll admit, I wasn't high on him when his name was first mentioned because I had just begun to associate his name with failure. Then I went back and refreshed myself on what he had actually done. And he is no JOMO.

JOMO doesn't walk into an 0-12 team and do anything of note. JOMO doesn't get hired at a blue-blood program based on his previous success.

Sark is a very good option. There's no way to know if it will work out, as with any hire, but he is a very good option and absolutely a better option than Moorhead.

TrapGame
01-08-2020, 12:26 PM
#1. Joe had to go. This was a must for the program.
#2. Sark's resume is better than Joe's.
#3. Sark picked up a lot as Saban's offensive analyst and OC.
#4. Sark has a clue about coaching in the SEC. Joe had zero insight on what this league requires.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-08-2020, 12:27 PM
You dont even explain why hes a bad coach. You reference his alcoholic past and say that Bamas talent makes his OC time there irrelevant, which I kinda agree with.

But you didnt say anything about his actual HC resume, and you didnt say why his OC time is a negative.

He took over a Washington team that's worse than Arkansas is now and got them to a bowl game in year 2. His last 3 classes were top 25 so he was building for the future too. It was so impressive that USC hired him: kiffin went 7-6 the year before with the same roster and Sark went 9-3 year 1. USC fans were very optimistic about the future. He signed the #2 class in the country which is damn good even for them. Then his alcohol issues caught up to him

As OC at bama he did a good job. Yes he had great talent but he used it well and didnt outsmart himself. I have no idea what happened with the Falcons, but Bama fans are fine with him and they blasted Kiffin as OC.

Hes got a proven track record as a HC, seems to be a decent offensive mind, a good recruiter, and now he has SEC experience. West experience at that.

You have no evidence hed try to run an O we dont have the personnel for. Bama has great personnel everywhere so he ran what he wanted too, but that's not the same as "he'd only run that system".

Calling him JoMo 2.0 is just ignorant. Sark has had success at 2 different P5 teams.

StoneDawg
01-08-2020, 12:35 PM
Sark is a great Hire.

Maroonthirteen
01-08-2020, 12:39 PM
well, it hasn't been a week yet. I wouldn't panic yet despite what is being reporting.

However if we make it to next Monday and still have nobody. I want to hear exactly why we had no choice. I don't want to hear the boilerplate..... should have won more games, no offense, ticket sales ..... there better be real detrimental things taking place inside the program.

hacker
01-08-2020, 12:42 PM
They always say "surround yourself with greatness." I don't know why I keep coming back to this website

smootness
01-08-2020, 12:42 PM
Basically, Sarkisian is Moorhead if the only relevant thing on Sarkisian's resume is his time as Bama OC. Because that's basically what Moorhead's resume was.

Okrastar1
01-08-2020, 12:49 PM
Who cant recruit to USC or Bama? And yes USC hired him from Washington because they had such a familiarity with him because he was their OC on and off during the Dynasty years(which they wanted to conjure up again somehow) . His offense has been Prostyle dating back to his first run with USC in the early 2000's. I just dont understand the love anyone could find with this hire. He has a rocky tenure at head coach and has never won anything of note.

I believe the primary rebuttal is due to the thought that the post meant i would want to keep JOMO, which is no where near close to right. I just think this is grasping for straws when far better options are there.

smootness
01-08-2020, 12:57 PM
Outside of his alcohol troubles, how was his tenure as head coach rocky?

Of course most coaches can recruit to USC and Bama. But 1) we're seeing right now the firm proof that not anybody can recruit at USC. And certainly not anybody can get the #2 class in the country. And 2) look at his tenure at Washington. It isn't any easier to recruit to Washington than to MSU and we'd be happy with the results in recruiting he had there.

NCDawg
01-08-2020, 02:47 PM
Not sure Sarkisian would like living in Starkville too much. He's a big city guy and is now divorced. I think many people on here like him because he's coaching under Saban, and we seem to like Alabama coaches at State.

smootness
01-08-2020, 03:12 PM
Not sure Sarkisian would like living in Starkville too much. He's a big city guy and is now divorced. I think many people on here like him because he's coaching under Saban, and we seem to like Alabama coaches at State.

I primarily like him because of what he did before being fired at USC, not after. Being OC at Bama is fine, but that has nothing to do with why I want him.

Bothrops
01-08-2020, 03:18 PM

Sarkisian lives in Tuscaloosa

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-08-2020, 03:21 PM
#5 Sark was Primary on Tides QB Signee who was #2 in the nation. (To Alabama I know but still have to have a relationship with them)