PDA

View Full Version : Sark update from Bama.....

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 11:08 AM
https://247sports.com/college/alabama/board/116/Contents/sark-update-955-am-wednesday-141836353/

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-08-2020, 11:12 AM
https://247sports.com/college/alabama/board/116/Contents/sark-update-955-am-wednesday-141836353/

We are Tennessee

BeardoMSU
01-08-2020, 11:12 AM
We are Tennessee

It might be worse, lol...

Holy hell what a shit show.

dawgday166
01-08-2020, 11:14 AM
We are Tennessee

Don't see that yet ... but maybe. What's Sark supposed to do until Cohen offers him the job ... just tell Saban he's taking a break during final recruiting push?

Negative Waves
01-08-2020, 11:15 AM
For those of us not a member, what's it say?

LibraryDawg
01-08-2020, 11:15 AM
For we that don't have a 247 subscription, can you give us a synopsis? Not asking for the gritty details, as I know that's info you all pay for but a synopsis would be nice.

dawgday166
01-08-2020, 11:18 AM
For we that don't have a 247 subscription, can you give us a synopsis? Not asking for the gritty details, as I know that's info you all pay for but a synopsis would be nice.

Just says Sark is carrying out his normal coaching duties and there's no indication he's a top candidate from a Bama perspective. Nothing else. No statements by anyone or anything like that.

RiverCityDawg
01-08-2020, 11:19 AM
It might be worse, lol...

Holy hell what a shit show.

I don't get this. The bama update sounds like we haven't offered. It certainly doesn't sound like he's turned us down.

All we know is Judge took the Giants job over us and Napier talks have fallen through at least once. Other than that, I don't get the shit show narrative. It could very well come to that, I just don't see it at this point.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-08-2020, 11:19 AM
Tim Watts
I have confirmed with two sources that Sark is at Alabama this morning working like normal. In our update last night (linked below) we reported yesterday was status quo for Sarkisian and there didn't appear to be a hint that anything had changed with his job status. That still seems to be the case up to this point. Sources say he's handling his normal Alabama responsibilities on Wednesday.
Last night there was a surge of confidence that Sark would be the next MSU coach from our site in Starkville. But this morning the reports are that rumor was premature. Our latest intel there say the MSU side believes Sark is a candidate, but not at the top of the board yet. We can not confirm this either way. As we noted last night there had been confidence from the MSU side about two others candidates (Napier/Judge) before one decided against taking the job and the other going to the NFL.

PMDawg
01-08-2020, 11:21 AM

I'll never understand why people link pay sites or articles.

StoneDawg
01-08-2020, 11:21 AM
Just says Sark is carrying out his normal coaching duties and there's no indication he's a top candidate from a Bama perspective. Nothing else. No statements by anyone or anything like that.

So it says nothing.

BulldogDX55
01-08-2020, 11:22 AM
Anyone reading doom and gloom into that statement is worrying for worries sake. All it means is that it isn't official yet. Do you expect the guy to just drop everything when it's not official yet? Wouldn't want to piss off your current employer if things fall through with your new job. He's probably exchanging texts with Sexton every few minutes for updates on negotiations.

preachermatt83
01-08-2020, 11:23 AM
Cohen is in so far over his head it’s not funny

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 11:23 AM
I'll never understand why people link pay sites or articles.

Because a lot of us are members and I refuse to cut and paste an article that people make their living from.

BeardoMSU
01-08-2020, 11:24 AM
I don't get this. The bama update sounds like we haven't offered. It certainly doesn't sound like he's turned us down.

All we know is Judge took the Giants job over us and Napier talks have fallen through at least once. Other than that, I don't get the shit show narrative. It could very well come to that, I just don't see it at this point.

I said "might".

I guess my use of "shit show" was more in reference to our seemingly lack of a plan post firing Moorhead, and how certain talking points by Cohen don't seem to jive with who he's actually getting interest from.

StoneDawg
01-08-2020, 11:25 AM

No one knows what is really going on . A lot of people running with rumors. . For all we know this has been a great coaching search. If we get sark it will be a good hire if he?s sober. If he did what he did at Washington and USC drunk. Imagine what he can do sober. I?ve seen people get sober and do great things.

Santiago
01-08-2020, 11:27 AM
We are Tennessee

To be TN, it would mean about 4-8 coaches used us to get an offer, get a raise at their current school, and then turn us down.
We are not even close to that .

Big4Dawg
01-08-2020, 11:28 AM

What part of that makes you draw that conclusion? Some people just love to complain

LC Dawg
01-08-2020, 11:29 AM
We are Tennessee
Except we use message boards and their fans use a big ass rock on campus.

OLJWales
01-08-2020, 11:30 AM
Lol at State if we hire a coordinator from bamer like asparagus dude.

Well, so much for the "had our guy locked in " prior to firing Joe. I'm really starting to lose confidence in Cohen as a competent AD.

OLJWales

Well, so much for the "had our guy locked in " prior to firing Joe. I'm really starting to lose confidence in Cohen as a competent AD.

Really Clark?
To be TN, it would mean about 4-8 coaches used us to get an offer, get a raise at their current school, and then turn us down.
We are not even close to that .

We would also have to hire a coach, have the media turn the fan base against the hire that we have to back out of it, fire our AD in the middle of the search...we are no where close to the Tenn dumpster fire search. Of course they did better in the hire than we did.

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2020, 11:36 AM

Sark is a proven head coach, and that when he was drunk.

trojandawg
01-08-2020, 11:37 AM
what it sounds like to me is Sark's agent tipped someone at their site yesterday to try to get him a raise. they are the ones that started that rumor last night. not us.

RiverCityDawg
01-08-2020, 11:49 AM

Says the guy who came in here saying Cohen, Napier and his agent were meeting at this very moment and then a little later said the interview was over. None of that happened, you just made it up.

Really Clark?
01-08-2020, 11:56 AM
what it sounds like to me is Sark's agent tipped someone at their site yesterday to try to get him a raise. they are the ones that started that rumor last night. not us.

Sexton is his agent. He is also Grantham?s agent.

smootness
01-08-2020, 11:57 AM
Basically every coaching search that does not result in an immediate hire is seen as a cluster by the fanbase. Why? Because college football fans are insane and are on message boards 24/7 refreshing to get updates. So then 3-4 days ends up seeming like an eternity, then every possible rumor is encouraged and spread as fact. So obviously then when those entirely baseless rumors don't come to fruition it seems like things are falling apart.

In reality, all we are confident of at this point is that we almost hired a guy who then got an NFL HC job and are still sifting through other candidates at this point...which is, btw, just one day later.

And I can 100% guarantee you that if we had hired Judge, many prominent mods and posters here would be saying things like, 'It is absurd that we just paid that much to a former player solely because he is a Mississippi State guy. Cohen panicked and made the most 'we are M-State hire' I can ever think of. I can assure you, we had better candidates who were interested, but Cohen scared them all off. Judge's interview with NY was a courtesy and it worked like a charm. Belichick was trying to get rid of the guy.' I can assure you those things would have been repeated and believed.

RezDog7
01-08-2020, 12:06 PM
Cohen is in so far over his head it?s not funny

How do you know this? Is cohen supposed to text you with every phone call he makes. Get over yourself and your unreal expectations of what a coaching search should look like.

hacker
01-08-2020, 12:10 PM
Basically every coaching search that does not result in an immediate hire is seen as a cluster by the fanbase. Why? Because college football fans are insane and are on message boards 24/7 refreshing to get updates. So then 3-4 days ends up seeming like an eternity, then every possible rumor is encouraged and spread as fact. So obviously then when those entirely baseless rumors don't come to fruition it seems like things are falling apart.

In reality, all we are confident of at this point is that we almost hired a guy who then got an NFL HC job and are still sifting through other candidates at this point...which is, btw, just one day later.

And I can 100% guarantee you that if we had hired Judge, many prominent mods and posters here would be saying things like, 'It is absurd that we just paid that much to a former player solely because he is a Mississippi State guy. Cohen panicked and made the most 'we are M-State hire' I can ever think of. I can assure you, we had better candidates who were interested, but Cohen scared them all off. Judge's interview with NY was a courtesy and it worked like a charm. Belichick was trying to get rid of the guy.' I can assure you those things would have been repeated and believed.

To add to that, pretty much the only hire that everyone would love is Napier, which is why we're all acting so stalkerish about it

fader2103
01-08-2020, 12:28 PM
So what? He interviewed, let his agent and Cohen talk the details out.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-08-2020, 12:42 PM
I'm only going to respond to this thread to say that a whole lot of y'all need to grow a pair. 17!

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
01-08-2020, 01:14 PM
Saban doesn?t allow coaches to have contact with other ADs until either after bowl games or recruiting period is over. However there are ways of communicating without talking to a candidate directly.