PDA

View Full Version : What are the real reasons that Moorehead was fired?

Maroonthirteen
01-08-2020, 08:11 AM
As we trudge through another day of waiting on another coach, give us some interesting tales of what was going on inside the program that led to Moorhead being fired?

Obviously, the fight between Gay and Shrader. I saw mention of another huge fight mid season in a thread a few weeks back. Was there another fight prior to bowl practice?

Seniors missed day one of bowl practice. What was that about?

I see below a mention of marijuana use at the bowl. I was at the bowl game. I thought the team looked disinterested coming out of the tunnel at game time. But I didn't want to read much into it. But looking back, we were flat flat flat.

Tutor gate....... I talked to D1 player parent about tutor gate. He says for that to happen. Someone wasn't doing their job. He said the school his kid attends, the position coach and academic advisor knows every test, homework assignment and paper those players have due. For a test to be taken when a kid is in the middle of the game, is sloppy sloppy and someone isn't paying attention. His words. Not mine.

Was there a problem between Mullen guys and Moorhead?

Cowbell
01-08-2020, 08:13 AM
I'm gonna follow this. I only know of the afore mentioned.

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 08:21 AM
As we trudge through another day of waiting on another coach, give us some interesting tales of what was going on inside the program that led to Moorhead being fired?

Obviously, the fight between Gay and Shrader. I saw mention of another huge fight mid season in a thread a few weeks back. Was there another fight prior to bowl practice?

I see below a mention of marijuana use at the bowl. I was at the bowl game. I thought the team looked disinterested coming out of the tunnel at game time. But I didn't want to read much into it. But looking back, we were flat flat flat.

Tutor gate....... I talked to D1 player parent about tutor gate. He says for that to happen. Someone wasn't doing their job. He said the school his kid attends, the position coach and academic advisor knows every test, homework assignment and paper those players have due. For a test to be taken when a kid is in the middle of the game, is sloppy sloppy and someone isn't paying attention. His words. Not mine.

A combination of all that which lead to what gets every HC hired, threat of the money leaving in the form of low ticket sales and donations.

PMDawg
01-08-2020, 08:31 AM

Because he sucked at everything?

bigplayslay
01-08-2020, 08:42 AM

Well all of this plus the fact that he was an "offensive guru" and his offense was terrible. His S&C program was awful and his ST unit was inexcusably bad (While these aren't directly on Joe he did nothing to change them).

mparkerfd20
01-08-2020, 08:47 AM
Fan outrage...bottom line that was the nail. Cohen will get the same treatment when he hires Sark. I predict Cohen will be gone within 3 years.

Rex54
01-08-2020, 08:48 AM
Joe thought he could just show up with his magical playsheet and win and didn't understand all that goes into running a program. That's why we MUST get someone with HC experience this time.

Maroonthirteen
01-08-2020, 08:50 AM
Because he sucked at everything?

Every fan can see what happened during games and the wins/loss record. However Cohen said the decision was made for things beyond wins/loss.

What were those things beyond win/loss?

Was the culture really that bad? Or was it a few bad apples pissed off because they weren't playing?

GoToHellOleMiss
01-08-2020, 08:55 AM
Sat next to a couple of guys at the Lending Tree Bowl Monday Night. I had my State hat on and he mentioned that they had been to the Music City Bowl and met Kylin Hill's Uncle. Uncle told them that Kylin said that players would cuss out coaches at practice and there were no repercussions. Mentioned some of the coaches partying with the players. Said there was zero discipline.

Yeah, it's second hand or third hand but when he told it to me it made sense and explained why this team never looked sharp.

dawgs
01-08-2020, 10:12 AM
Fan outrage...bottom line that was the nail. Cohen will get the same treatment when he hires Sark. I predict Cohen will be gone within 3 years.

Cohen's job is definitely ride or die with this hire.

Dawg2003
01-08-2020, 10:16 AM
I'm want for the tell all book on this.

smootness
01-08-2020, 10:17 AM
Because he was bad at his job? The team lost more games than it should have, was not disciplined, and had too many off-field issues on top of that? Seems pretty straightforward.

RougeDawg
01-08-2020, 10:23 AM

If Keenum takes any of the feedback from the two main targets, who have declined the position, he should not last that long. This was the first JC coaching search that I had people close to the situation telling me candidate responses. Most of what?s been posted here about Bunt Kings actions is pretty spot on.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-08-2020, 10:29 AM
It didn't help with his post game egg bowl rant against the fans either.

MaroonFlounder
01-08-2020, 10:29 AM
When he told his supporters who are basically "shareholders" to kick rocks....