PDA

View Full Version : Long time listener. first time poster

Equinox
01-08-2020, 12:08 AM
This has been the biggest mess of a season and coaching search. Its probably time to search for a new AD as well.

Bdawg
01-08-2020, 12:11 AM
This has been the biggest mess of a season and coaching search. Its probably time to search for a new AD as well.

The biggest screw up was not getting rid of Moorhead egg bowl night. Has just thrown everything off. Maybe we kept recruits together. That's it.

deadheaddawg
01-08-2020, 12:13 AM
If we get Sark it ended fine.

And since NONE OF US KNOW how any of it went down, you can't blame Cohen for maybes and what ifs.

defiantdog
01-08-2020, 12:13 AM

Tired of SPS?

Equinox
01-08-2020, 01:34 AM
Tired of SPS?

I don’t post or frequent there.

DownwardDawg
01-08-2020, 08:15 AM

And since NONE OF US KNOW how any of it went down, you can't blame Cohen for maybes and what ifs.

This x 1,000,000. Not one person outside of the AD , President, and a few big donors has a clue whether or not this search was bush league or if it went down perfectly executed. Everyone is purely speculating due to internet rumors and some tweets by people that have heard rumors. It’s crazy to me that people still take what they read on the internet as gospel.

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 08:22 AM
This x 1,000,000. Not one person outside of the AD , President, and a few big donors has a clue whether or not this search was bush league or if it went down perfectly executed. Everyone is purely speculating due to internet rumors and some tweets by people that have heard rumors. It’s crazy to me that people still take what they read on the internet as gospel.

I don't need to be an insider to know if State hires Sark, it was a shitshow

Coursesuper
01-08-2020, 08:25 AM

Yep.

maroonmania
01-08-2020, 08:28 AM

Well its definitely obvious we let Moorhead go without a clue who we were going to replace him with. You would have thought, given we were contemplating this since November, we would have had a better handle on things. But I don't know why I would be surprised.

Dawgology
01-08-2020, 08:44 AM
Well its definitely obvious we let Moorhead go without a clue who we were going to replace him with. You would have thought, given we were contemplating this since November, we would have had a better handle on things. But I don't know why I would be surprised.

Well...our AD knew the football season was coming for a solid year but we still couldn't manage to get people through security or have enough food vendors open so.... If you fail miserably in the little stuff then you will definitely fail in the big stuff.

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 08:48 AM
Well...our AD knew the football season was coming for a solid year but we still couldn't manage to get people through security or have enough food vendors open so.... If you fail miserably in the little stuff then you will definitely fail in the big stuff.

Absolutely

Dawgface
01-08-2020, 08:56 AM
According to c34 the cigar boys love Cohen so he's not going anywhere. Looks like that's the problem.

BB30
01-08-2020, 09:09 AM

What makes you think we didn’t have a clue? We don’t know what happened. We may have had someone pretty much committed and the negotiation just didn’t pan out.

Either we aren’t spending enough money or our job just isn’t as attractive as some on here thought.

Joe has to go but the optics on us canning him will look kind of bad from people not associated with state.

Napier coaches against us this year and probably had a pretty good idea of what our roster looks like from film. It may be a bigger rebuild on the offensive side of the ball then we know.

I still believe we will get a decent coach and things will work out. It’s usually somewhat of a crap shoot anyway, you never really know what you’re getting unless you’re getting a guy like Saban or dabo.

dawgday166
01-08-2020, 09:16 AM
According to c34 the cigar boys love Cohen so he's not going anywhere. Looks like that's the problem.

I'm afeerd of this. I figure we can get it back to 6 - 8 regular season wins a year probably (depending on how Arky & OM improve or not) but potential 9 win regular seasons may be a thing of the past. 9 will become our absolute peak at best. No hope of what 2014 or what 2018 should've been.

But ... I'm gonna wait and see. If it is Sark, maybe he's learned some hard lessons and he'll roll up his sleeves, bear down and figure it out. Staff will be important. I'll give him a wait and see chance. I do think he'll be better than Joe ever would have been tho.

tcdog70
01-08-2020, 09:38 AM

excuse me but I'm calling bullshit

Jack Lambert
01-08-2020, 09:54 AM

What would have been different and who would we have gotten if we had fired him after the Egg Bowl. Sorry but it sounds to me you just want to bitch.

The Federalist Engineer
01-08-2020, 09:56 AM

Just a question - is this because of Billy Napier? If Billy Napier were the coach right now, it would not be a mess?

For me, it seems that Norvell was the train that was missed 2 years ago. But two years ago, people were impressed by how quickly and seamless the replacement of Mullen was executed.