PDA

View Full Version : If we are going Sarkisian

Msujd164
01-07-2020, 11:41 PM
I?d almost rather have Leach For the pure entertainment factor in the fact that he would get under the rebel skin like crazy

deadheaddawg
01-07-2020, 11:45 PM
Sark will get under kiffins skin

deadheaddawg
01-07-2020, 11:45 PM
Sark will get under kiffins skin.

Their hate for each other is well documented.

Be like Sherrill vs Brewer. I'm ready

yjnkdawg
01-07-2020, 11:51 PM

Yep, and OM will not like a Sark hire. They pretty much wanted us to get Judge or somebody further on down the list.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
01-08-2020, 02:37 AM

I didn't realize this....where is this well documented? Not that I don't believe you - asking cause I'd like to read up on it.

TUSK
01-08-2020, 03:24 AM
I didn't realize this....where is this well documented? Not that I don't believe you - asking cause I'd like to read up on it.

I was wondering the same thing....

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 04:04 AM

Where are you getting that from? Kiffin helped Sark get into Bama rehab with him

redstickdawg
01-08-2020, 06:51 AM
Yep, and OM will not like a Sark hire. They pretty much wanted us to get Judge or somebody further on down the list.

Sark is pretty far down the list IMHO, certainly lower than Hud. He's got Cannizaro 2.0 written all over him and if hired should result in Cohen and Keenum going with him in 2 years.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2020, 06:59 AM
Sark is pretty far down the list IMHO, certainly lower than Hud. He's got Cannizaro 2.0 written all over him and if hired should result in Cohen and Keenum going with him in 2 years.

What if Sark and Mullen are very similar in personality and coaching ability?

Mullen has skeletons as well.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2020, 07:28 AM
I think Sark is a good coach and definitely better than Joe.

However, I don't think he's a transformational leader like Dabo, Saban, Eddie O, etc. I think he's just a really good football coach.

I think we can develop into a 7-8 win program under Sark with maybe a 9 win sprinkled in.

I'm still trying to decide if I like the hire or not.

On one hand, I do think he's a better coach than some here think. On the other hand, the fit feels weird.

I just keep waiting for MSU to finally find that transformational leader as I don't think we'll reach our ceiling till we do. Mullen was not that. He was just a really good coach and really nothing more.

msstate7
01-08-2020, 07:35 AM

However, I don't think he's a transformational leader like Dabo, Saban, Eddie O, etc. I think he's just a really good football coach.

I think we can develop into a 7-8 win program under Sark with maybe a 9 win sprinkled in.

On one hand, I do think he's a better coach than some here think. On the other hand, the fit feels weird.

I just keep waiting for MSU to finally find that transformational leader as I don't think we'll reach our ceiling till we do. Mullen was not that. He was just a really good coach and really nothing more.

For us to win above a consistent 8-9 wins, we have to have help from Bama, LSU, auburn, and aTm. By help I mean they have to either babe down years or the wrong hires. We just can't compete with them in recruiting. Now we can RS, hopefully out coach them, and get them every 3-5 years if the stars align, but I don't see how we can do it year-in, year-our no matter our coach

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2020, 07:40 AM
For us to win above a consistent 8-9 wins, we have to have help from Bama, LSU, auburn, and aTm. By help I mean they have to either babe down years or the wrong hires. We just can't compete with them in recruiting. Now we can RS, hopefully out coach them, and get them every 3-5 years if the stars align, but I don't see how we can do it year-in, year-our no matter our coach

I agree.

That's why I've always been in favor of the Wisconsin model at MSU where we construct a unique identity with a transformational leader type coach(Barry Alvarez) that stays for a long time.

I think Sark is a good coach, but I don't see him as that type. Maybe Judge was and it just slipped through our fingers. I do think we'll get another crack at Judge. We'll see.

My hope is that because of Sark having personal issues, Saban gagging the media, and Sark sitting in the box at Bama where we don't see his personality, we don't really know what his personality will be.

TheLostDawg
01-08-2020, 07:41 AM
What if Sark and Mullen are very similar in personality and coaching ability?

Mullen has skeletons as well.

Yeah but Mullen did a good job hiding his. Either but many people know about them or it just falls on deaf ears

TheLostDawg
01-08-2020, 07:46 AM
Well if judge doesn't make it then he could be our guy does the road. We'll be one of the next teams to have an NFL coach which would be pretty cool. However we'd have to have a great staff that knows recruiting. Hopefully judge does well with the Giants. If not hopefully he does good just not enough to appease their audience that is already mad that he was hired.

confucius say
01-08-2020, 08:00 AM

A 7-8 win program on average would be great. Again, Mullen averaged 7.1-4.9. If sark can get us to 7.6-4.4 that would be great

Big4Dawg
01-08-2020, 08:03 AM

How does he have Cann 2.0 written all over him? Because he went to rehab 5 years ago? Jesus

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
01-08-2020, 08:58 AM
Yeah but Mullen did a good job hiding his. Either but many people know about them or it just falls on deaf ears

Tell us what you mean by the above statement....I had not heard of any skeletons in Mullen’s closet. Just curious what they were/are.