PDA

View Full Version : Been quiet until now...made a call to someone in the know. They said Napier was

99jc
01-07-2020, 07:06 PM
Waiting on Baylor decision if they go internal for their next coach he is coming to State.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2020, 07:09 PM
Waiting on Baylor decision if they go internal for their next coach he is coming to State.

So we are 2nd fiddle to Baylor...I would say thanks but no thanks

defiantdog
01-07-2020, 07:13 PM
Uh huh..... someone in the know of presumptions

Hambone
01-07-2020, 07:14 PM
Mullen was 3rd or 4th fiddle for Florida

Dawgology
01-07-2020, 07:15 PM
Lol. Right

Bdawg
01-07-2020, 07:19 PM

Let's not cut off our nose to spite our face. I could see why he would want to test the waters with Baylor. Had a good team this year and easier path in big 12. Dont make a decision with your ego. Get the best possible coach you can!!!

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2020, 07:21 PM
Let's not cut off our nose to spite our face. I could see why he would want to test the waters with Baylor. Had a good team this year and easier path in big 12. Dont make a decision with your ego. Get the best possible coach you can!!!

This.

Throw your ego in the trash and just worry about getting the right guy.

deadheaddawg
01-07-2020, 07:27 PM

Wow.

That would be insanely dumb

dantheman4248
01-07-2020, 07:42 PM
"Second fiddle to Baylor" is the wrong way to put it.

All things being equal Baylor is an easier job with easier competition than MSU while getting almost a similar level of perception for your accomplishments at the two schools.

The second fiddle thing means that if Baylor were to match our total offer, then it's the easier and smarter job to take. They can't/won't though. They don't have the SEC money. We're the higher prestige job and can pay him more. So we're not second fiddle to baylor. We're the better offer, the wait is if Baylor can match, which they won't.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2020, 07:47 PM
Nobody says he automatically gets the job although he was guaranteed an interview. Athlon has him in their top 11, but the Dallas paper doesn't have him in their top 8.

Nutriaitch
01-07-2020, 07:52 PM
"Second fiddle to Baylor" is the wrong way to put it.

All things being equal Baylor is an easier job with easier competition than MSU while getting almost a similar level of perception for your accomplishments at the two schools.

The second fiddle thing means that if Baylor were to match our total offer, then it's the easier and smarter job to take. They can't/won't though. They don't have the SEC money. We're the higher prestige job and can pay him more. So we're not second fiddle to baylor. We're the better offer, the wait is if Baylor can match, which they won't.

don’t kid yourselves, Baylor has money.
They were paying Rhule nearly double what y’all were paying Moorhead.
Private school with Texas Oil money.

and would be taking over a team that was an OT game away from the playoffs.
yeah they would have gotten smoked, but still.

Liverpooldawg
01-07-2020, 07:54 PM

This is correct. Baylor has plenty of money.

TUSK
01-07-2020, 07:55 PM

This extra correct... Baylor got mo money than Davey Crockett....

YSWIDT?

Mjoelner34
01-07-2020, 08:01 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, besides waiting on a new coach, Baylor is still waiting on word of penalties/punishment from the NCAA too.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2020, 08:17 PM
Yeah like some have said don't kid yourself on Baylor can't compete with us on the salary.. Money is not an issue with Baylor. With Rhule's new extension he would have been making $6.6 million+ per year.