PDA

View Full Version : Blake Anderson

KOdawg1
01-07-2020, 02:36 PM
I'd give him a call if we haven't already. He's a good coach that's had success at Arkansas State. Southern guy, OC experience at North Carolina, coached in Mississippi before. I don't see why he'd be any worse than these other names being thrown around.

Coursesuper
01-07-2020, 02:41 PM
is not going to be considered for the position.

KOdawg1
01-08-2020, 11:15 AM
is not going to be considered for the position.
Wouldn't be too sure of that

Big4Dawg
01-08-2020, 11:19 AM
Per Steve, we have talked to him over recently and he is in the running, along w/ Sark and Grantham.

Coursesuper
01-08-2020, 11:20 AM
Per Steve, we have talked to him over recently and he is in the running, along w/ Sark and Grantham.

We are now to plan C I guess.

smootness
01-08-2020, 11:39 AM
He's done fine at ASU, but both Freeze and Malzahn did better in one year than Anderson ever has. That would give me serious pause.

Sarkisian seems to be the clear best candidate right now, and if the reports are true he would take the job if offered, I don't see how we can go with one of these others.

mstatefan91
01-08-2020, 11:39 AM
We are now to plan C I guess.

Plan B. Reaching out to Napier does not mean he was ever going to be a finalist. We rushed to that judgement on our own.

However, Judge feels like it was a real story.

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 12:25 PM

All due respect, Rosebowl is clueless in all this

smootness
01-08-2020, 12:43 PM
All due respect, Rosebowl is clueless in all this

All due respect, he's been more correct than anybody here.

Really Clark?
01-08-2020, 01:15 PM
He's done fine at ASU, but both Freeze and Malzahn did better in one year than Anderson ever has. That would give me serious pause.

Sarkisian seems to be the clear best candidate right now, and if the reports are true he would take the job if offered, I don't see how we can go with one of these others.

True. However Bryan Harsin was a drop and went 7-5 the year after Malzhan. Hired by Boise St and has done extremely well.

Spiderman
01-08-2020, 01:29 PM
All due respect, he's been more correct than anybody here.

He's no more correct than me. I haven't posted one rumor.

The rule of the 120 Club is what's said there stays off social media. That said, Rosebowl, who spoke there last night, isn't on the inside at all on this.

smootness
01-08-2020, 01:35 PM
True. However Bryan Harsin was a drop and went 7-5 the year after Malzhan. Hired by Boise St and has done extremely well.

Oh, I'm not saying his record at Arkansas State means he shouldn't be hired. I'm just saying it's not really that impressive by itself knowing the success the coaches before him had. And it's possible Harsin would have had more success had he stayed as long as Anderson has.

I'm just saying we shouldn't use his results at Arkansas State as the reason to hire him. There has to be more if we're going that route.

Really Clark?
01-08-2020, 01:44 PM
Oh, I'm not saying his record at Arkansas State means he shouldn't be hired. I'm just saying it's not really that impressive by itself knowing the success the coaches before him had. And it's possible Harsin would have had more success had he stayed as long as Anderson has.

I'm just saying we shouldn't use his results at Arkansas State as the reason to hire him. There has to be more if we're going that route.

Oh I know and I agree. Harsin probably does improve from his one year as well.

Also, for reference to those who are still hung up in Hud, Anderson has a better win percentage in the same league. So that is a positive in his favor for those who want Hud.