PDA

View Full Version : Texted With An NFL Front Office Member This Morning About Judge....

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2020, 01:33 PM
Have a buddy that works in an NFL front office role & this morning, after Judge got the Giants' job, I texted asked what he thought about the hire.

He responded, "Just spoke with Jordan Matthews who used to be with the Patriots and he said Joe Judge is a joke of a hire. Couldn't command a room if the world depended on it"..."O'Shea was the special teams coach for the Pats that made the so successful & he went to Miami with Flores."

I didn't write this to bash an ex MSU player & actually responded "Well... why did Belichick keep promoting him?"

I just wanted to make a point that we get fixated on certain candidates that have flaws & may not be the right guy. Lets hope the football Gods shine bright on us here & give us the right guy.

Bdawg
01-07-2020, 01:38 PM
Not saying he's right or wrong but I always thought he was very risky. Can't believe the giants really did it.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Not saying he's right or wrong but I always thought he was very risky. Can't believe the giants really did it.

No doubt, Judge's resume actually makes him far more prepared to be an NFL coach than a college guy.

I would mind getting him in a few years after the Giants fire him, but MSU is too hard of a job for him right now IMO

I think losing Judge is honestly for the best even though it throws the search into a bit of a tailspin

CovertDawg
01-07-2020, 01:55 PM
Matthews got cut but the Patriots on the 4th practice of training camp in 2018 (his only time with the Patriots)...and Judge did not even coach WRs then. Not disputing he said it, but not sure how he could have an informed opinion.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2020, 02:02 PM
Matthews got cut but the Patriots on the 4th practice of training camp in 2018...and Judge did not even coach WRs then. Not disputing he said it, but not sure how he could have an informed opinion.

IDK. Just relaying info

AROB44
01-07-2020, 02:45 PM
Honestly, Shotgun, this is the exact kind of information I would expect from you.

SouthMSDog
01-07-2020, 02:47 PM
IDK. Just relaying info

I just spoke with Jordan Matthews, he didn't say those things and barely knows Judge.

tcdog70
01-07-2020, 03:05 PM
what a shitty thread--why?

Gutter Cobreh
01-07-2020, 03:12 PM
what a shitty thread--why?

Here is why:
1) Jwells has overtaken Shotgun as the biggest troll and he wants his title back
2) Shotgun preaches about staying "in-state", but if someone chooses a different path - he starts bashing them. If he does it with 17 yr. old kids, you better damn sure bet he's going to run down a grown man.

Honestly, it's pathetic. There is no justifiable reason to run down an alumnus of the university just because he won't be a coach here.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2020, 03:15 PM
LOL You are clueless. You actually think anybody is going to take this as the gospel. Belichick knows more about his assistant coaches and what they can do than some so-called NFL "expert" you say you know who supposedly talked with Jordan Matthews. Belichick thinks highly of Judge and wanted him to get the job. Others in the NFL in the know said Judge would get a NFL HC job sooner or later. If, McDaniels had left, Judge would have probably gotten the OC position if he had wanted it. So go ahead and say crap about Judge, (one of our own) as you normally do on others, and calling Willie an idiot when you have no clue what his situation is. You are pathetic. I can also guarantee you this, the athletic department does not consider even one second of using anything you post on here concerning changing anything or the way our athletic department is run, and you can take that to the bank.

Joebob
01-07-2020, 03:18 PM
I didn't write this to bash an ex MSU player & actually responded "Well... why did Belichick keep promoting him?"

But it looks to me like Belichick didn't promote him very much. Wasn't he Special Teams coach for like 8 years, with a few other tidbits now and then? It's one of the things that stood out when I looked at his history.

tireddawg
01-07-2020, 03:20 PM
Maybe you should use some of those key strokes to fight your own. Y'all aren't believing this shit are you? Good grief.

Hambone
01-07-2020, 03:26 PM
Hey Shotgun. Shut up and leave!

Liverpooldawg
01-07-2020, 03:39 PM
Have a buddy that works in an NFL front office role & this morning, after Judge got the Giants' job, I texted asked what he thought about the hire.

He responded, "Just spoke with Jordan Matthews who used to be with the Patriots and he said Joe Judge is a joke of a hire. Couldn't command a room if the world depended on it"..."O'Shea was the special teams coach for the Pats that made the so successful & he went to Miami with Flores."

I just wanted to make a point that we get fixated on certain candidates that have flaws & may not be the right guy. Lets hope the football Gods shine bright on us here & give us the right guy.

Why burn bridges man? A NFL head coach from MSU is a good thing. Sheeesh.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2020, 03:39 PM
If anybody believes this crap he is spewing out then I have some prime ocean front property in the Rocky Mountains that I will sell you really cheap. He would make a really good "fictional" writer.

fader2103
01-07-2020, 06:49 PM
First you talking to scouts now NFL front office staff. 2nd I am pretty sure Judge can own a room when he is the coordinator of special teams for the New England Patriots. The only coach position besides head coach who controls the whole team. It is known that Bilcheck makes all players including Tom Brady go thru special team meetings that and Bill gave him the reins to not only ST but also the WR rooms which players rave about his football smarts. This is a troll job if I ever seen one.

Maverick
01-07-2020, 07:19 PM
I find it kind of funny that the guy some people weren't on board with because he wasn't good enough to be the HC for State was good enough to get hired to be the HC for an NFL team, come on y'all haha....