PDA

View Full Version : Joe Brady

Coastdog28
01-07-2020, 01:30 PM
With Judge out of the picture and assuming the Napier door has been shut, it's time to roll the dice with Joe Brady. It's high risk/high reward similar to Judge, but at this point, it would be the only splash hire we could make. Grantham, Hud, etc. etc. Not sure any of these names would excite the fan base. What do we have to lose at this point?

Really Clark?
01-07-2020, 01:39 PM
He?s not ready. Way too soon to hand the keys over to him. Very little high reward with hiring someone inexperienced and nothing but risk.

Coastdog28
01-07-2020, 01:43 PM
But we were ready to do the same thing with Judge?

War Machine Dawg
01-07-2020, 01:49 PM
Honestly, I'd be all for Brady over the other names we've heard. If you're good enough, you're ready. Brady seems good enough. Assuming we were truly interested in Judge and not just helping him get the NYG job, then there's no reason to not gamble on Brady. He's actually been a co-OC at the college level, too.

That said, I think we should expand the pool of candidates. Go offer Urban $8M and make him say no (he would, but you still make him say no). Open up the checkbook for Kliemann at KSU. That sumbitch can coach and would be a helluva hire. Hell, go crawling back to Whittingham and give him whatever he wants. Just make sure to get someone who actually knows what the 17 they're doing and not gamble on a Judge or Brady.

Really Clark?
01-07-2020, 02:01 PM
But we were ready to do the same thing with Judge?

Brady was a GA just 4 years ago and has 1 year as an on the field coach, I cannot express how much difference in experience Judge has over Brady. I wasn?t a huge fan of the Judge decision because of lack of college experience and being in the pro game for the last 8 years but Brady is not close to ready and he had absolutely no G5 teams interviewing him so far this cycle, but you want him for a P5 job? There are risks with any one but this beyond just a risk. Let him coach 4-5 more years as a coordinator/small school HC first

StarkVegasSteve
01-07-2020, 03:00 PM
With Brady you get Moorhead's offense without Burrow and Co. I think he's a rising star in the profession, but I'd be curious to see what that offense looked like without 5 stars everywhere and I'm not willing for the test subject to be us.