PDA

View Full Version : Skip Holtz

Matt3467
01-07-2020, 01:01 PM
So whats the hang up on this guy? Aside from his short tenure at USF he's won everywhere he's been. Why isn't his name being thrown around for bigger jobs? Is there baggage or something there I don't know?

So you're telling me that out of all the possible candidates out there we're left with Grantham, Sark, Hud, Monken? That list is sums up the "MSU can't" mentality a lot of fans have. Heck Joe Judge is getting the Giants job but apparently wasn't good enough since he was a ST coordinator and an MSU grad well hello we had the worst special teams in D1 football this year and possibly the worst ever at MSU so at least we wouldn't have had to worry about that and the guy was highly regarded by arguably the best NFL coach ever but "nah he's not good enough."

Whittingham was pushed aside for Joe Moorhead which still boggles my mind. Maybe the problem here isn't the coach but the one doing the hiring. There are guys out there that are outside of the box but would be better for our program than the list of names I've seen mentioned for our job. One of those guys I'd bring in before all the others is Leach. You can say whatever about him but he wins and contrary to what many have said on this board for years that "we've got to get back to the old MSU and just pound the football," yada yada you can clearly see that teams in our league (that are having big success) are evolving and are throwing the ball more than ever. Joe Burrow just threw for over 5,000 yards at LSU....Louisiana State University! But we've got guys on our list that run the triple option lol.

Swallow your pride and give Freeze an interview. So what about his personal life. Apparently having a good guy only matters until he's not winning so we know the guy can recruit and he can win and besides all that can you imagine the irony of it all? It would definitely be the most entertaining an imo the best hire we can currently make outside of possibly Napier unless Whittingham somehow is open to coming over again which is highly doubtful.

I can guarantee everyone on this board that whether it be Leach, Freeze, Petrino, or Kiffin (before he got hired at OM) it wouldn't matter one bit to anyone here a year or two down the road if we're winning.