PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds is reporting....

Yim Yames
01-07-2020, 08:26 AM
Someone may have passed Judge while we were sleeping. Could it be?

smootness
01-07-2020, 08:29 AM
If we start hearing talk soon that Napier is still in, then it's him. If we don't, then it's probably Judge.

But it's strange to me that the people who are saying Judge are also saying it'll be wrapped up possibly today...while the Giants' interview process isn't even done yet.

bulldawg28
01-07-2020, 08:30 AM
Sark

Dawgface
01-07-2020, 08:31 AM
Get ready for a slow website again...

hacker
01-07-2020, 08:31 AM
Would he know?

defiantdog
01-07-2020, 08:32 AM
The passed him driving down HWY 82?*

Cowbell
01-07-2020, 08:35 AM
The passed him driving down HWY 82?*

What I was thinking lol

msstate7
01-07-2020, 08:37 AM
Still crossing fingers it's clawson

dawgday166
01-07-2020, 08:37 AM
If we start hearing talk soon that Napier is still in, then it's him. If we don't, then it's probably Judge.

But it's strange to me that the people who are saying Judge are also saying it'll be wrapped up possibly today...while the Giants' interview process isn't even done yet.

I've thought the same thing on Giants process. I would also think the interview process wouldn't be done if it's not Napier ... I would think Cohen would take a week or so to really vet and reach out to candidates if that were the case.

I've wavered just a little from Bert when Rosie was expounding on all the positives with Judge and who his staff would be. But in back of my mind I also thought damn he was selling it hard last night ... which made me think he could be smokescreening us in the best interests of MSU and the AD.

So I've been sticking with Bert. If his ship gets sunk I'm going down with it. But I'll be behind Judge if he's the guy. Not sure I'm thrilled on idea of Beliema as DC tho.

Dawgface
01-07-2020, 08:38 AM

I would be fine with him. Calhoun too for that matter.

defiantdog
01-07-2020, 08:39 AM
Bo reads this board btw

Dawgtini
01-07-2020, 08:41 AM
I would be fine with him. Calhoun too for that matter.
Ditto. Napier Clawson or Calhoun would be better than Judge. Even Fritz or Sark. Still all #TeamBert tho until he is wrong.

hacker
01-07-2020, 08:41 AM
Bo reads this board btw

That's kinda what I figured

Dawgfan77
01-07-2020, 08:51 AM

Might be some smoke here

Cooterpoot
01-07-2020, 08:53 AM
One of our media made a comment about Clawson. Keep an eye on that.

smootness
01-07-2020, 08:53 AM
One thing that was obvious...if something was going to happen that wasn't being pushed by everyone already, we would start to hear rumblings about it early this morning. I don't know that this is enough to count as a rumbling yet, and the guys at 247 are still not reporting anything new...but it's at least interesting.

KOdawg1
01-07-2020, 08:54 AM
Don't give me hope like that

I think Clawson would be a homerun hire if he surrounds himself with recruiters

msstate7
01-07-2020, 08:58 AM

I'd love to retain shoop and Hughes with clawson

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2020, 08:58 AM
I hope we don't burn a bridge with Judge. I don't want him to be our coach right now, but I may want him in 5 years.

Let's hope that this is being handled professionally and we're not playing games with an alum

Cowbell
01-07-2020, 09:00 AM
Clawson was mentioned early on as getting an interview and I posted about it because nobody has said a word since. That's why I think he's the dark horse.

Jack Lambert
01-07-2020, 09:02 AM
I hope we don't burn a bridge with Judge. I don't want him to be our coach right now, but I may want him in 5 years.

Let's hope that this is being handled professionally and we're not playing games with an alum

If he ever joins the boys club called NFL Head Coaches he will never be at State. Once you are in you are in. They recycle those guys all the time. Those guys go from team to team like a sailor goes from one whore house to the next. You never stay unemployed very long when you get fired from one team.

Cowbell
01-07-2020, 09:03 AM

This is one thing that you can be assured is not happening. If nothing else, this is helping him get the Giants job. Everybody listen up: he is a serious candidate for that job and I think people are discounting this.

msugolf
01-07-2020, 09:03 AM

You people are absolutely batshit crazy if you think Clawson would be a homerun hire. Very underwhelming if true.

Poor recruiter, losing overall record in the ACC, barely above .500 overall, not an up and comer. For all the things we bitched about Moorhead, Clawson is right there with him. He even was the head coach at Fordham before JoMo, and had a much worse record.

Lord McBuckethead
01-07-2020, 09:04 AM

Would you mind rephrasing this? I cannot follow what you are saying.

C222
01-07-2020, 09:05 AM
You people are absolutely batshit crazy if you think Clawson would be a homerun hire. Very underwhelming if true.

Poor recruiter, losing overall record in the ACC, barely above .500 overall, not an up and comer. For all the things we bitched about Moorhead, Clawson is right there with him. He even was the head coach at Fordham before JoMo, and had a much worse record.

Yep. Clawson would be awful.

BeardoMSU

I don't see it either. I know its "Wake Forest", and its commendable he's won there, but what else am I missing?

Cooterpoot
Yep. Clawson would be awful.

You're crazy. His offenses put up big numbers. Wake has scholarship limitations and he's doing it with nobodies.

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2020, 09:06 AM
Would you mind rephrasing this? I cannot follow what you are saying.

I think he's saying there's a new frontrunner. Word was going around late last night that this was the case. Im done speculating about all of it

Rex54
01-07-2020, 09:06 AM
1. Iron Bill
1A. Judge Dredd

That's it, that's the list. Don't 17 it up Cohen.

KOdawg1
01-07-2020, 09:07 AM

He's more proven than Judge.

msugolf
01-07-2020, 09:07 AM

If we don't hire him then the bridge will definitely be burned. These coaches egos are so big, even with the good guys, that they don't forget the past.

It would be so MState for us to pass him over and he becomes a star in the nfl. You HAVE to take advantage of great opportunities that come your way in life and not make decisions out of fear. You might not get another chance at it.

Cooterpoot
01-07-2020, 09:09 AM
Judge was a joke of a candidate. Some of you bought into the sheep mentality on him.

msugolf
01-07-2020, 09:09 AM
He's more proven than Judge.

Proven what? I'd rather hire someone with unknown higher potential than know I was getting average. That's settling.

Dawgface
01-07-2020, 09:10 AM
Clawson's 1st 2 years were losing seasons but has had 3 winning ones since. No he didn't have any 11 win seasons but 3 straight win seasons pretty good at WF.

Yim Yames
01-07-2020, 09:11 AM
Bo is reporting that yesterday evening all signs pointed to Judge, but something may have changed overnight.

FoggyBottom
It is imperative to hire a coach with a track record as a head coach. Napier fits the mold. Watching him on the sidelines last night, he was one cool customer. Do whatever it takes to get Napier or someone similar. Hiring a coach just because he got an interview with the NY Giants is a recipe for disaster.

HailStateSZN19
Judge was a joke of a candidate. Some of you bought into the sheep mentality on him.

"Was" as in past tense? As in you're hearing it's not him and there's truth to the rumors that someone else has emerged as the leader this morning?

Cowbell
You guys need to quit worrying about Judge if we don't hire him. Small town thinking. We are promoting his brand and increasing his value. Agents get paid big bucks for a reason.

hacker
01-07-2020, 09:12 AM
Brace yourselves for 12 hours of the board taking 30 seconds to load

Dawgfan77
01-07-2020, 09:14 AM
Don?t hate me on this but.......
#Sarkvegas

Really Clark?
01-07-2020, 09:14 AM

After the first 2 years of a rebuild he has a winning percentage of .577 at WF. They have a historic win percentage of .401...that is an outstanding job vs their history. Look at every school he has been at prior to his arrival and how he left them. He is a very good coach

KOdawg1
01-07-2020, 09:15 AM
Proven what? I'd rather hire someone with unknown higher potential than know I was getting average. That's settling.

Disagree

RezDog7
01-07-2020, 09:17 AM
Bo gets his info from message boards. He is getting his info from muppets.

C222
01-07-2020, 09:17 AM
You're crazy. His offenses put up big numbers. Wake has scholarship limitations and he's doing it with nobodies.

Oh cool. We?re going to hire someone just because they put up a lot of #?s offensively? That?s a great idea.

AROB44
01-07-2020, 09:19 AM
If it isn't Napier, I still prefer Judge. But....I have no input or control over this and I won't be ready to fire JC if he hires someone else. Hiring ANY coach is a crap shoot. Although I do realize that some on this board would make the perfect hire.

KOdawg1
01-07-2020, 09:21 AM
Another thing to consider if things have really changed:

What if Judge is getting the Giants job? That'd be the most MSU thing ever, to think you have an alumn wrapped up and they bolt for an NFL HC gig. What does Cohen do from there?

MrKotter
01-07-2020, 09:23 AM
Hope not. Avg coach at best. Probably an upgrade from Moorhead but not impressive at all

Really Clark?
01-07-2020, 09:24 AM

Yeah, I don?t understand. Besides Saban?s last season at MI ST he was 23-22-1 his first 4 years barely over .500 for 4 years. 34-24-1 overall with a win percentage of .584 because of one season. Clawson is .577 over his last 4 years.

msugolf
01-07-2020, 09:26 AM
After the first 2 years of a rebuild he has a winning percentage of .577 at WF. They have a historic win percentage of .401...that is an outstanding job vs their history. Look at every school he has been at prior to his arrival and how he left them. He is a very good coach

You're giving way too much credit to these teams he is beating. Imagine having 6-7 Vandys in your conference, that's what it's like.

Clawson has a recruiting avg of 64 recruiting against duke, ncstate, uva, gatech, etc. Yeah let's see how that recruiting goes if he is against LSU, Alabama, Auburn, TxAM, OM, TN.

And if you think he'll be able to scheme his way with nobodies and throw up high offensive numbers then I don't know what to tell ya. That doesn't fly in the SEC. You better recruit in the top 30 just to have a chance to win. So Clawson would basically have to improve by more than 35 spots on average. Sorry no thanks. That's a HUGE red flag.

MrKotter
01-07-2020, 09:28 AM
Might want to look at who he's actually beaten then at the losses. Not sure why some of you ignorantly believe stats tell the whole story. He's an avg coach

StarkVegasSteve
01-07-2020, 09:36 AM
Clawson's last 4 years at Wake, 7-6,8-5,7-6,8-5. He's only able to win 7-8 games in the ACC. You're getting Joe Moorhead 2.0 if you hire Dave Clawson....hell they even both coached at Furman

Really Clark?
01-07-2020, 09:37 AM
You're giving way too much credit to these teams he is beating. Imagine having 6-7 Vandys in your conference, that's what it's like.

Clawson has a recruiting avg of 64 recruiting against duke, ncstate, uva, gatech, etc. Yeah let's see how that recruiting goes if he is against LSU, Alabama, Auburn, TxAM, OM, TN.

And if you think he'll be able to scheme his way with nobodies and throw up high offensive numbers then I don't know what to tell ya. That doesn't fly in the SEC. You better recruit in the top 30 just to have a chance to win. So Clawson would basically have to improve by more than 35 spots on average. Sorry no thanks. That's a HUGE red flag.

Just please do some research on how hard it is to recruit to WF. It?s 10 times harder than us with a much much higher standard of admissions. His recruiting has improved at WF to 11th in the ACC the last 2 years. About same as we recruit in our league. In fact identical to last season. His recruiting would be much higher here than at WF just on the basis of who he is able to target. At least once he is established.

Really Clark?
01-07-2020, 09:45 AM
Clawson's last 4 years at Wake, 7-6,8-5,7-6,8-5. He's only able to win 7-8 games in the ACC. You're getting Joe Moorhead 2.0 if you hire Dave Clawson....hell they even both coached at Furman

Yeah that?s 2.5 games above their history...that is very good to win 2.5 games above a schools history. That?s averaging 8.5-9 wins a season here considering we are a .500 program for our history.

deadheaddawg
01-07-2020, 09:48 AM
Yeah that?s 2.5 games above their history...that is very good to win 2.5 games above a schools history. That?s averaging 8.5-9 wins a season here considering we are a .500 program for our history.

5 + 2.5 = 7.5.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2020, 09:49 AM
Bo is reporting that yesterday evening all signs pointed to Judge, but something may have changed overnight.

and that "report" was based on a feeling he had. He said he had no source. Buuuuuuuuut everyone took the damn bait and is spreading his BS. Mission accomplished

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-07-2020, 09:54 AM
I dont know why people cant look at context. We will always be at a talent disadvantage vs the teams we play. Wake will always be at a talent disadvantage vs the teams they play. Relatively speaking Wake is probably harder to win at than State is time you compare each of our coaching salaries, fan support, etc to the teams we both play.

******* last 4 years at State: 10-3, 9-4, 6-7, 8-4. If Dan had done that at Wake, would you say hes a good coach or an "average" coach? I think Clawson compares to Dan in a lot of ways

msugolf
01-07-2020, 09:58 AM

It's a whole lot easier to make that kind of jump in a bad conference. Also you can't just say "Oh he took them to 2.5 wins more than their average so he'll do the same wherever he goes." He won't have that kind of jump in the sec. It's also easier to go from 5 wins to 7 than it is 7 to 9, especially in this conference.

It's also very wishful thinking to say that he'll recruit better just because he'll be around different players/talent. You don't know that and haven't seen any proof of that. One thing I've seen with the great recruiters, they recruit well no matter where they are.

Really Clark?
01-07-2020, 10:33 AM
5 + 2.5 = 7.5.

We are a .500 win program. That?s 6 + 2.5 = 8.5. The added is because we would be playing 13 games per year making a bowl game with 6 wins, so 8.5-9 wins per year here winning 2.5 games more than our history.

GoDawgz
01-07-2020, 10:52 AM
HAHA "Bo Bounds reporting" hahahahaha..... Now thats funny! #Hack

bulldawg28
01-07-2020, 10:55 AM
Don?t hate me on this but.......
#Sarkvegas

Bring him on!