PDA

View Full Version : So the report tonight...

smootness
01-06-2020, 11:57 PM
...from Steve is that Cohen was back in Starkville today, indicating the search may be done; media spots are lined up for the next couple days announcing the new coach; and the school jet is gassed up and ready to fly somewhere tonight.

If this is all true, to me that timeline lends itself more to Napier actually being the guy, not Judge. It would fit quite nicely with Bert's timeline.

RougeDawg
01-06-2020, 11:59 PM
I will just say that things are bouncing all over the f*cking map tonight and if what I?m hearing is correct, JC is in way over his hard head.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2020, 11:59 PM
Very interesting

Commercecomet24
01-07-2020, 12:00 AM
I will just say that things are bouncing all over the f*cking map tonight and if what I?m hearing is correct, JC is in way over his hard head.

They sure are and that last part is dead on right.

hacker
01-07-2020, 12:01 AM
A crumb of hope!

Anonymous
01-07-2020, 12:02 AM

You gonna share with the class?

confucius say

Out with it, let?s go. Is BN still a candidate?

Homedawg

You've complained about him since you were giving him hitting instruction, who would be surprised.

Coursesuper
01-07-2020, 12:04 AM

Brother you hit That one hard. Right in the gap.

RougeDawg
01-07-2020, 12:04 AM
Out with it, let?s go. Is BN still a candidate?

I?ll say that the head coaching position is currently still open and has not been filled. Hence the JC hard headed comment. Details will come after the person is announced.

Commercecomet24
01-07-2020, 12:06 AM
I'm not sure anyone really has any idea what's happening at this point. Crazy

chef dixon
01-07-2020, 12:07 AM
HUD come on down!

Anonymous
01-07-2020, 12:10 AM
I?ll say that the head coaching position is currently still open and has not been filled. Hence the JC hard headed comment. Details will come after the person is announced.

So I take that to mean he's insisting on interviewing Napier before moving on and is meeting him tonight to do so?

Honestly at this point I think we should just hire Judge and put the money into assistants to make sure he has an iron-clad support system.

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2020, 12:12 AM

Bull.

If Cohen pulls Napier out of this then yall should all apologize

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2020, 12:13 AM

Commerce you are telling me that Napier is still in play?

confucius say
01-07-2020, 12:14 AM
Is it true that Napiers people reached back out to us tonight?

mstatefan91
01-07-2020, 12:15 AM

ehh doubtful. 247 is pushing their $1 deal down our throats every other post with a deadline of midnight. They know. It's likely Judge. Hell, Faulk just posted a special teams joke.

hacker
01-07-2020, 12:16 AM
Is it true that Napiers people reached back out to us tonight?

Where'd you get that?

Commercecomet24
01-07-2020, 12:18 AM
Commerce you are telling me that Napier is still in play?

I'm saying that there's all kinds of crap floating everywhere. I've heard a little bit of everything today. At this point I don't think anyone knows anything and everyone is in play at this point. The disinformation on this whole deal has been amazing. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we hired ditka.

defiantdog
01-07-2020, 12:18 AM
Doubt Cohen is going anywhere tonight..... it's drink :30

HailStateSZN19
01-07-2020, 12:19 AM
Hold up... are y’all trying to say we’ve screwed something up with Judge or that there’s renewed hope with Napier?

What’s this about Cohen being in over his hard head? Count me as extremely confused right now...

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2020, 12:20 AM
I'm saying that there's all kinds of crap floating everywhere. I've heard a little bit of everything today. At this point I don't think anyone knows anything and everyone is in play at this point. The disinformation on this whole deal has been amazing. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we hired ditka.

If they gave this person I heard Judge from ''disinformation'' then we have big big big problems

Commercecomet24
01-07-2020, 12:22 AM
If they gave this person I heard Judge from ''disinformation'' then we have big big big problems

I don't think anyone's gonna know for sure until he's announced by Cohen

BrickCityDawgs
01-07-2020, 12:22 AM
Rouge, I may be off, but piecing it together. Cohen like all of us wanted Napier but got antsy so he pushed him for a meeting and that backfired. Essientially Napier withdrew for the time being. Then Cohen then goes and lined up Joe Judge and we are working on finalizing the deal. Then Napier’s bowl game ends and he comes back to Cohen wanting to get back in like he has said all along after the bowl game? Am I way off?

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2020, 12:24 AM
I don't think anyone's gonna know for sure until he's announced by Cohen

Fair enough. But Im just telling you the person I heard it from shouldve been one of the first ones to know. And Im not bragging saying Im a big fish or an insider bc Im not. But I do know quite a few Bulldogs that I have coached/played with in my day

confucius say
01-07-2020, 12:25 AM
Where'd you get that?

Nowhere concrete. Text from a buddy asking me if I had heard that. I have not but this thread made me wonder.

Commercecomet24
01-07-2020, 12:27 AM
Fair enough. But Im just telling you the person I heard it from shouldve been one of the first ones to know. And Im not bragging saying Im a big fish or an insider bc Im not. But I do know quite a few Bulldogs that I have coached/played with in my day

Bucky you always have good info and I'm not questioning your sources at all. There's just so many things flying around today and it's been a wild ride

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2020, 12:30 AM
Bucky you always have good info and I'm not questioning your sources at all. There's just so many things flying around today and it's been a wild ride

If we pull Napier out of this Im gonna need a case of mountain blues and a pack of malboros at this rate

BrickCityDawgs
01-07-2020, 12:31 AM
Anyone care to comment on my theory? I don’t know if that’s accurate but seemed plausible.

Commercecomet24
01-07-2020, 12:32 AM
If we pull Napier out of this Im gonna need a case of mountain blues and a pack of malboros at this rate

Lol a lot of us gonna need some help after this one!

HailStateSZN19
01-07-2020, 12:32 AM
I’m gonna need someone who’s hearing this stuff to break this down & say what the hell is going on...

RougeDawg
01-07-2020, 12:33 AM
I suggest everyone kick some rocks, pound some sand, and just sleep on this. At this point I would not be surprised is Sly Croom is brought back.**

hacker
01-07-2020, 12:34 AM
I'd hate to know the number of times I've refreshed this board in the past few days

dawgday166
I’m gonna need someone who’s hearing this stuff to break this down & say what the hell is going on...

You haven't figured out yet that no one knows what the hell's going on. Except maybe Bert. He's the only one that hasn't changed his story a lick.

defiantdog
I take it that Napier wants the job now, but hard headed Cohen wrote him off because he didn't want to interview the day before his game. Now Napier is contacting Cohen and we're thinking of giving him that interview.

confucius say
Somebody wake berts ass up

Commercecomet24
01-07-2020, 12:35 AM
I suggest everyone kick some rocks, pound some sand, and just sleep on this. At this point I would not be surprised is Sly Croom is brought back.**

Me either! I mean just dang I've never seen nothing like this. Even people that know don't know lol! It's been entertaining fir sure !

TNDawg35
01-07-2020, 12:37 AM
What if.....

Cohen was the master troll and told everyone to suck it and it really was Billy the whole time??

confucius say
01-07-2020, 12:38 AM
Me either! I mean just dang I've never seen nothing like this. Even people that know don't know lol! It's been entertaining fir sure !

Im surprised how quiet ari and c34 and isid and IYOK have been

Todd4State
01-07-2020, 12:39 AM
Cohen did say not to believe rumors unless they came from him.

What if MSU threw out both Judge and Napier rumors? We've seen MSU do this to gauge interest in the past.

deadheaddawg
01-07-2020, 12:40 AM
What if.....

Cohen was the master troll and told everyone to suck it and it really was Billy the whole time??

It would be great.

And everyone here should love him for it. We would have naiper, plus he would be every bit the troll that everyone's favorite poster Bert is.

It would be the best of both worlds.

defiantdog
01-07-2020, 12:40 AM
They're rocking their burning account usernames instead *

dawgday166
01-07-2020, 12:41 AM

C34 chimed in one time and said he basically didn't know what the hell was going on. He's the only one besides Bert that hasn't changed his story tonight.

Commercecomet24
01-07-2020, 12:42 AM
Mullen's to State

Coursesuper
01-07-2020, 12:43 AM
Mullen's to State

Touche'

deadheaddawg
You don't want random internet nobodies actually having correct info. You want an AD that can run things without stuff leaking to some desk jockey keyboard warrior.

The more disinformation Cohen and the admin is putting out the better.

defiantdog
Mullen's to State
And Byrne is replacing Cohen as AD

Commercecomet24
01-07-2020, 12:45 AM
You don't want random internet nobodies actually having correct info. You want an AD that can run things without stuff leaking to some desk jockey keyboard warrior.

They've succeeded whether by plan or by happenstance.

deadheaddawg
01-07-2020, 12:48 AM
I also hope that the people that are actually connected, are not sharing that information with people that post here.

That would show a terrible lack of judgement by them. I would have to assume the only connected people that would do that inherited their fortune. They probably didn't earn it making those kind of decisions

The few people that do know should stay quiet or leak false/misleading info.

And I suspect most of what people"hear" on here is just that. Someone they sorta kinda know might just feed them BS because they sick of being asked

defiantdog
01-07-2020, 12:50 AM
This entire search has been bullshit..... I think ED's servers would completely break if Bert came back and said "I told you so."

War Machine Dawg
01-07-2020, 03:41 AM
Rouge, I may be off, but piecing it together. Cohen like all of us wanted Napier but got antsy so he pushed him for a meeting and that backfired. Essientially Napier withdrew for the time being. Then Cohen then goes and lined up Joe Judge and we are working on finalizing the deal. Then Napier?s bowl game ends and he comes back to Cohen wanting to get back in like he has said all along after the bowl game? Am I way off?

Absolutely no inside info whatsoever, but methinks you may be onto something with this.

Cowbell
01-07-2020, 04:38 AM
One thing is for sure - Cohen is trolling us - no doubt about it

Bubb Rubb
01-07-2020, 05:03 AM

You're being ridiculous. You don't know shit.

MarketingBully
01-07-2020, 05:27 AM
What is this love affair of Napier or bust? Every time it seems you guys set yourself up for disappointment instead of letting things play out. No hire at this point should be a disappointment even though it seems anyone but Napier will be a disappointment to you guys. I for one am giving anyone we hire a chance. I think it would be wise if the fanbase would do the same. The truth is we don’t know if anyone will be a success or failure at this point. Just let it play out and support the new coach. I think we should all agree with that.

AROB44
01-07-2020, 06:29 AM
What is this love affair of Napier or bust? Every time it seems you guys set yourself up for disappointment instead of letting things play out. No hire at this point should be a disappointment even though it seems anyone but Napier will be a disappointment to you guys. I for one am giving anyone we hire a chance. I think it would be wise if the fanbase would do the same. The truth is we don?t know if anyone will be a success or failure at this point. Just let it play out and support the new coach. I think we should all agree with that.

Finally a post that actually makes sense.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2020, 06:45 AM
One thing is for sure - Cohen is trolling us - no doubt about it

I wonder if after the Egg Bowl fiasco he couldn't hire Napier without some drama or everyone know the Egg Bowl rumors were true? After Rosebowl and others called the Egg Bowl rumors BS, he could have felt he needed to hide the hire

MrKotter
01-07-2020, 07:04 AM
What if.....

Pretty safe to say the "insiders" here with "sources " have been trolled this entire time and they still haven't caught on

gravedigger
01-07-2020, 07:14 AM

I too know every detail and who has been selected. I cannot say now due to a vow of silence and also that if I did, you guys might be able to figure out after all that I didn't actually know. This way, it appears I did.

DownwardDawg
01-07-2020, 07:42 AM
What is this love affair of Napier or bust? Every time it seems you guys set yourself up for disappointment instead of letting things play out. No hire at this point should be a disappointment even though it seems anyone but Napier will be a disappointment to you guys. I for one am giving anyone we hire a chance. I think it would be wise if the fanbase would do the same. The truth is we don’t know if anyone will be a success or failure at this point. Just let it play out and support the new coach. I think we should all agree with that.

I agree. I think Napier would be a solid hire, but watching him I can't help but wonder what makes everyone think he's so great. I've never been a coach other than some 7th grade football, so I certainly don't know how to tell if a candidate is the right one or not. Hopefully he'll be a homerun hire if he is who we choose. (because if we offer, no way in hell he turns it down)

hacker
01-07-2020, 07:45 AM
I agree. I think Napier would be a solid hire, but watching him I can't help but wonder what makes everyone think he's so great. I've never been a coach other than some 7th grade football, so I certainly don't know how to tell if a candidate is the right one or not. Hopefully he'll be a homerun hire if he is who we choose. (because if we offer, no way in hell he turns it down)

Well, if you like winning, the last time ULL won more than 7 games was 1976 when they won 9. This year they won 11.

Santiago
01-07-2020, 07:45 AM

Agree. This is the only site that has pumped one guy beyond anything I have seen. Not everyone on here. just mean that a few have. I get he was considered the most qualified of possible candidates, but it is over the top. Someone here has had fun trolling for Napier.

msstate7
01-07-2020, 07:54 AM
Well, if you like winning, the last time ULL won more than 7 games was 1976 when they won 9. This year they won 11.

They won 9 in 2014. Ended up forfeiting some, but still

Maroonthirteen
I wonder if after the Egg Bowl fiasco he couldn't hire Napier without some drama or everyone know the Egg Bowl rumors were true? After Rosebowl and others called the Egg Bowl rumors BS, he could have felt he needed to hide the hire

Wyatt reported that..... NAPIER let it be known (OM, Ark, MSU) he was NOT INTERVIEWING UNTIL AFTER HIS BOWL GAME.

I know that it isn't as interesting as post conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory. But.... you've been told.

MrKotter

Might want to recheck your facts

ShotgunDawg
Agree. This is the only site that has pumped one guy beyond anything I have seen. Not everyone on here. just mean that a few have. I get he was considered the most qualified of possible candidates, but it is over the top. Someone here has had fun trolling for Napier.

On paper and analytically speaking, he's one of the best G5 coaches in history through two years at one school. On the same level as Urban at bowling Green and Bowden at Tulane.

It doesn't guarantee success, but it would be maybe the most fool proof hire MSU has ever made.

Big4Dawg
01-07-2020, 07:55 AM
This is one of the worst threads. I've never seen so many people say so much without saying anything at all.

Santiago
01-07-2020, 07:57 AM
This is one of the worst threads. I've never seen so many people say so much without saying nothing at all.

Here is old info then....on Friday a person/coach/whatever associated with all this said he expected Judge to get the job. Crazy stuff going around, but that says alot of what other coaches might think of Judge if he is a candidate.

Santiago
01-07-2020, 07:58 AM
On paper and analytically speaking, he's one of the best G5 coaches in history through two years at one school. On the same level as Urban at bowling Green and Bowden at Tulane.

It doesn't guarantee success, but it would be maybe the most fool proof hire MSU has ever made.

Until he jumps next year after 1 year, for South Carolina or another job he wants. Then we are even worse off.

RezDog7
01-07-2020, 08:00 AM

The one thing I've learned so far, is none of y'all know shit.

Really Clark?
01-07-2020, 08:03 AM
Until he jumps next year after 1 year, for South Carolina or another job he wants. Then we are even worse off.

Worse off? It would be a pain in the rear for sure but if he can bolt after only one year it means he won here and continued to show coaches that the extremely old narrative that we are a coaching grave yard and don’t care about football will be completely destroyed.

Tbonewannabe
01-07-2020, 08:04 AM

Then MSU takes the $10-14 Mil buyout money and hires another coach, possibly Judge.

Edited to add: I assume that Napier wouldn't have a clause in the contract to go to SCe without SCe having to buyout his contract.

smootness
01-07-2020, 08:07 AM

Hudspeth won 9 4 years in a row. A bunch of those got vacated, but they still won them.

Santiago
01-07-2020, 08:07 AM
Then MSU takes the $10-14 Mil buyout money and hires another coach, possibly Judge.

Edited to add: I assume that Napier wouldn't have a clause in the contract to go to SCe without SCe having to buyout his contract.

Good point - and perhaps that is where things got interesting in the coming to a final agreement or moving forward.

WinningIsRelentless
01-07-2020, 08:08 AM
We are seeing which set of boosters have the biggest checking accounts right now.

OLJWales
01-07-2020, 08:10 AM
My inside sources tell me that Napier and Judge both want the job and Cohen's gonna let ED vote on it. ***

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2020, 08:11 AM

So you want to hire a worse coach instead?

Spiderman
01-07-2020, 08:18 AM
Pretty safe to say the "insiders" here with "sources " have been trolled this entire time and they still haven't caught on

Agree

BrunswickDawg
01-07-2020, 08:19 AM

They won 8 in 1993, plus 4 years of 9 wins under Hud.

Santiago
01-07-2020, 08:19 AM
So you want to hire a worse coach instead?

yeah, I am a donor to MSU, and I really want us worse off.

hacker
01-07-2020, 08:30 AM
They won 8 in 1993, plus 4 years of 9 wins under Hud.

True, I missed 1993 looking at their records. Even if you count Hud's years, it's still two more wins than they've ever had, which is impressive

StateDawg44
01-07-2020, 08:31 AM
I too know every detail and who has been selected. I cannot say now due to a vow of silence and also that if I did, you guys might be able to figure out after all that I didn't actually know. This way, it appears I did.

I can confirm. I've been told the same thing.**

Dawgology
01-07-2020, 08:36 AM

Why does everyone say he wants the South Carolina HC job? Is it because he was QB coach there for a year? Also, why are we worried about Baylor? He doesn't appear to have ever coached there or attended or even lived near them. What the deal with that? Is this all based on something he has said?

DLGDawg
01-07-2020, 08:45 AM
Why does everyone say he wants the South Carolina HC job? Is it because he was QB coach there for a year? Also, why are we worried about Baylor? He doesn't appear to have ever coached there or attended or even lived near them. What the deal with that? Is this all based on something he has said?

Some have said that he was promised an interview with Baylor if that job came open. Others say Baylor has no interest in him and Napier is just using that as leverage.
South Carolina is basically home for him.

With that said, it makes absolutely no sense to turn down our job so he can interview and "MIGHT" get the job. Or , would South Carolina even want him???

MedDawg
01-07-2020, 08:45 AM

And could have won 12 had we not beaten them or if they played another team on their level instead of an SEC team.

smootness
01-07-2020, 08:48 AM
Some have said that he was promised an interview with Baylor if that job came open. Others say Baylor has no interest in him and Napier is just using that as leverage.
South Carolina is basically home for him.

With that said, it makes absolutely no sense to turn down our job so he can interview and "MIGHT" get the job. Or , would South Carolina even want him???

Honestly, not much of what is being said right now on either side fully lines up, which is why I'm still curious if we're hearing the whole story.

BrunswickDawg
01-07-2020, 08:49 AM
True, I missed 1993 looking at their records. Even if you count Hud's years, it's still two more wins than they've ever had, which is impressive

No doubt that it is impressive. Could you imagine the uproar from MSU fans if we had a coach job hunting while we were on the verge of winning our record 11th game? Oh, wait.....

PMDawg
01-07-2020, 08:52 AM

Why? Just because he's a Virginia Slim? I would actually feel better if that were the case. They don't need to be part of the process imo. More often than not, those are the people who screw up coaching searches (reference Tennessee).

PMDawg
01-07-2020, 08:59 AM

A.) According to ED Enforcer, Bert Stare is apparently NOT just some random person
B.) Bert Stare stated in his very first post that he is not someone who typically has inside information, but that due to his job this essentially fell into his lap. That could happen to anyone who is a lawyer, an agent, a real estate agent, and probably plenty of other jobs I'm not coming up with off the top of my head.

deadheaddawg
01-07-2020, 09:06 AM
A.) According to ED Enforcer, Bert Stare is apparently NOT just some random person
B.) Bert Stare stated in his very first post that he is not someone who typically has inside information, but that due to his job this essentially fell into his lap. That could happen to anyone who is a lawyer, an agent, a real estate agent, and probably plenty of other jobs I'm not coming up with off the top of my head.

lol.

You literally just described some random internet dude.

Bert has kept the same story and he actually provides details (unlike every other person hearing things) so he could actually be connected and right. But we don't know yet.

Him actually given details and sticking to his story does give me some hope and if he turns out to be correct then it would be one of the very rare instances of someone on this board actually being connected and not just shoveling shit.

And I really hope Bert turns out to be right. I'd love naiper

PMDawg
01-07-2020, 09:07 AM

So glad you finally stopped lurking and started posting.**

PMDawg
01-07-2020, 09:13 AM

lol.

You literally just skipped over A.) According to ED Enforcer, Bert Stare is apparently NOT just some random person

MrKotter
01-07-2020, 09:16 AM
Honestly, not much of what is being said right now on either side fully lines up, which is why I'm still curious if we're hearing the whole story.
No, we're not getting the whole story or anything that remotely resembles the truth. All we have now is a bunch of wannabes throwing every possible scenario at the wall so they can say they knew it all along

deadheaddawg
01-07-2020, 09:25 AM
lol.

You literally just skipped over A.) According to ED Enforcer, Bert Stare is apparently NOT just some random person

LoL

I didn't skip over A.

I must of missed where we were told who he was and how he is connected.

So what's berts real name and how is he connected?

PMDawg
01-07-2020, 09:39 AM
LoL

I didn't skip over A.

I must of missed where we were told who he was and how he is connected.

So what's berts real name and how is he connected?

Find it yourself. I did.

ETA - since you don't get it. Point A was to show Bert Stare likely isn't just some rando. Point B was to illustrate how a rando COULD come across some inside info by accident/chance, and it still would NOT be reason for concern.

deadheaddawg
01-07-2020, 09:45 AM
I don't care enough to do any heavy searching, but if you tell me what thread his name was posted in I will look it up