PDA

View Full Version : Just a Thought

Spiderman
01-06-2020, 07:47 PM
Moorhead was fired for the real reason every coach gets fired for in the SEC outside moral reasons.

No matter what he did, discipline or losses or whatever, he got fired because donations and season tickets we gonna suck.

My thought is this.

Will Joe Judge get donations and ticket sale back to even this years level? I say if he is hired, it won't beat Moorhead's first year.

It's just not gonna excite people.

Of course Rosebowl will be pumping sunshine about it tomorrow night at the 120. It might fire up the old geezers there, but it will go over like a lead balloon with the younger crowd.

A judge will have to do big things to create excitement. Not just get hired.

dawgday166
01-06-2020, 07:53 PM
Kinda be hard to beat Moorhead's 1st year but I see where you coming from and that is ... Cohen wants donations and a full DWS. He ain't too concerned with beating Bama & LSU IMO. I do think Judge will probably get back up to a pretty good level on donations and at DWS.

Santiago
01-06-2020, 07:54 PM
I plan to spend money and haven't in the last year and half. But I am one fan. Pride in our university and to have our former player as coach.

SwaggerVance
01-06-2020, 07:54 PM
I understand all of the above, but I disagree. Hes a smart young guy who just got looks from NFL teams at headcoach. Itll take a year or two to get results but i?ll be behind him 100%.

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 07:55 PM
You are correct sir.

Percho
01-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Methinks beating Bama and Lsu is what will put butts in seats.

Don't know about donations but would think it would drive them up also.

bulldawg28
01-06-2020, 08:03 PM
Sark should have been the guy.

Santiago
01-06-2020, 08:13 PM
Beating/upsetting a team next year early will help, but heck right now I am looking for a team to show up tough as nails, conditioned, with sharp special teams, disciplined. I feel JJ and company will bring it.

Spiderman
01-06-2020, 08:28 PM
Beating/upsetting a team next year early will help, but heck right now I am looking for a team to show up tough as nails, conditioned, with sharp special teams, disciplined. I feel JJ and company will bring it.

The problem is you FEEL it, you don't KNOW it. Nobody does because he has never run a team before. There is nothing to base anything on.

Huge gamble.

again, had Judge went to college at LSU or Memphis or any other school, EVERY State fan would be in full meltdown and riot mode.

He may be great, he may be average, he may suck mule balls.

That's the problem, it's equal odds it's any of them because so much is unknown.

OLJWales
01-06-2020, 08:33 PM
Moorhead was fired for the real reason every coach gets fired for in the SEC outside moral reasons.

No matter what he did, discipline or losses or whatever, he got fired because donations and season tickets we gonna suck.

My thought is this.

Will Joe Judge get donations and ticket sale back to even this years level? I say if he is hired, it won't beat Moorhead's first year.

Of course Rosebowl will be pumping sunshine about it tomorrow night at the 120. It might fire up the old geezers there, but it will go over like a lead balloon with the younger crowd.

"just a thought" my ass. like clockwork, you bring your typical gloom and doom. Based on the egg bowl coaching speculation fiasco then the bowl game fight and shit, we still woulda prolly kept JoeMO had he beaten a weak assed team in the MCB. Cohen and Co. were operating strictly on the optics of the fire. Had they been 100% concerned with the program and ticket sales, they'd of fired JOMO right after the piss and miss.

There's a new day a'dawning. Rejoice and be glad a fresh idea and mindset is upon us, quit bitching and moaning.

FanninDawg
01-06-2020, 08:35 PM

My thought is this.

Who are you calling an old geezer, Spiderboy?

Todd4State
01-06-2020, 08:42 PM
There are some differences here though. Mainly Judge would be coming in as a CEO coach and not married to a system like Croom and Moorhead while also trying to run that system and being a head coach. Dan was too- I know but he let Les Koenning have some input and we all saw how special teams suffered with Dan meddling with it. That to me makes it more likely that Judge would succeed at MSU.

But to answer the question:

If Judge has a staff with one of Joe Brady/Steve Sarkisian at OC and one of Shoop/Grantham/Lupoi at DC and heck say Shane Beamer at ST coach Heck yeah I'm excited.

Spiderman
01-06-2020, 08:43 PM
"just a thought" my ass. like clockwork, you bring your typical gloom and doom. Based on the egg bowl coaching speculation fiasco then the bowl game fight and shit, we still woulda prolly kept JoeMO had he beaten a weak assed team in the MCB. Cohen and Co. were operating strictly on the optics of the fire. Had they been 100% concerned with the program and ticket sales, they'd of fired JOMO right after the piss and miss.

There's a new day a'dawning. Rejoice and be glad a fresh idea and mindset is upon us, quit bitching and moaning.

Whatever.

If you don't think after the bowl that Cohen heard from a ton of folks they weren't gonna buy tickets, weren't gonna donate, or lower the amount they had been giving, you are naive.

RIF. I said no matter if it was losses, off field discipline, or whatever, bottom line had the money not threatened to dry up, you don't get fired.

OM fired Luke for the same reason. Once you lose the fan base, no matter the reason, you are done.

A Judge hire won't bring it all back, and it damn sure won't bring more in