PDA

View Full Version : MSU alumni

TheLostDawg
01-06-2020, 07:16 PM
We always want them to be a part of the staff but then someone brings us to reality about would they even be considered if they hadn't played for us. An example is Chaney.
However with judge, it seems the opposite. If we had a guy come interview with us that was also interviewing for the head job with the Giants and the guy was under both Saban and BB but didn't have ties to us, wouldn't we be thrilled?
I know everyone is pointing out judge lack of coaching but he does fit our orgeron model that everyone has been craving lately.
Just some things to think on if it does happen to lean towards judge after tonight.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 07:22 PM
Gotta believe Cohen knows his career likely rest on this hire. I can assure you he's not winging it or hiring someone that he doesn't fully believe in.

I don't trust Cohen, but I gotta believe to step out on this ledge, he's completely sold. Has to be

TheLostDawg
01-06-2020, 08:29 PM
Gotta believe Cohen knows his career likely rest on this hire. I can assure you he's not winging it or hiring someone that he doesn't fully believe in.

I don't trust Cohen, but I gotta believe to step out on this ledge, he's completely sold. Has to be

I agree. No way he takes this big of a risk if not. Hopefully we hit the ground running. I'm skeptical though if Brett B is DC though. I know Cohen has to allow judge to pick his staff but BB over Grantham or McIntyre is worrisome. I know Grantham hasn't been a head coach but he has been here before, so he could be able to help him as much as a previous head coach would. I know people say that Grantham won't come back but if you throw enough money at him while his son being here I believe that he might. Also McIntyre has been recruiting the state this past go round so that's another name that should have been pushed on judge.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-06-2020, 08:51 PM

I think you're grasping for "Cohen has a 6th sense for cosching" strawsvthat just are there.

Cohen isnt winging it now? When we hired jo mo was Cohen winging it? Did he not care about the millions of dollars on the line? Did he go "man 3 interviews is enough, let's just pick one"? No, he worked just as hard as this time, and used the same brain to pick Morrhead that he just used to pick Judge. I see no reason to think theres an extra gear Cohen just kicked into.

Moreover, Cohen absolutely would hire a coach he doesnt "fully believe in"- it's called "these are my candidates, I have to pick one". Doesnt mean he loves Judge, just that he likes him more than Clawson or Chiz or Calhoun etc. Not the same thing as a 100% bought in match.

No, the reality is that Napier was A- hire and after that it dropped off to Ds.

TheLostDawg
01-06-2020, 09:10 PM
I think you're grasping for "Cohen has a 6th sense for cosching" strawsvthat just are there.

Cohen isnt winging it now? When we hired jo mo was Cohen winging it? Did he not care about the millions of dollars on the line? Did he go "man 3 interviews is enough, let's just pick one"? No, he worked just as hard as this time, and used the same brain to pick Morrhead that he just used to pick Judge. I see no reason to think theres an extra gear Cohen just kicked into.

Moreover, Cohen absolutely would hire a coach he doesnt "fully believe in"- it's called "these are my candidates, I have to pick one". Doesnt mean he loves Judge, just that he likes him more than Clawson or Chiz or Calhoun etc. Not the same thing as a 100% bought in match.

No, the reality is that Napier was A- hire and after that it dropped off to Ds.

True but hopefully Cohen edited his "list" this time of what he's looking for and added weight to certain boxes instead of just going with the guy that had the most boxes checked.
Also what I think shotgun was trying to say is he wouldn't have gone with such a gamble if he wasn't completely sold. He could have gone after clawson with a lot less risk than go get someone with no head coaching experience.